MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
These actions are all organized attacks on poor women. Women of means can travel to states where abortions ate easier to obtain. Poor women will suffer most from denial of health care.

Not only misogynistic, abortion restriction is hella classist.

My local women's group is helping take part in a national transportation service that will help women get to clinics that will still perform abortions. Even with transport working women are often restricted by the demands of their employers

*kicks Trump ball*

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These actions are all organized attacks on poor women. Women of means can travel to states where abortions ate easier to obtain. Poor women will suffer most from denial of health care.

My local women's group is helping take part in a national transportation service that will help women get to clinics that will still perform abortions. Even with transport working women are often restricted by the demands of their employers

*kicks Trump ball*
Are they looking for drivers? I would volunteer my time to drive women.

Reactions: bwhip1011 and lms28

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

*kicks Trump ball*
This has been on my mind since the news broke. It breaks my heart to think of women in trouble and no one cares. Employment time off and sick leave is A whole nother issue. (Yes, I'm country.)

Reactions: bwhip1011 and b.c.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ms ML, hook me up with the national group, please.

Hangers, never again.
Are they looking for drivers? I would volunteer my time to drive women.

Right now we're in the mid-range of setting up. Most of the drivers are located in problem states. I'll get the head folks contact info and pass it on.

Florida isn't horrible yet. Most of my volunteer time is raising funds and standing outside clinics looking scary to get ladies in and out of the clinic.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Ohio Republicans back at it with the worst forced-birther bill yet, going after birth control

"An Ohio Republican, Rep. John Becker, is getting backing for legislation that would ban most effective methods of birth control by deeming them abortion, and would also ban most private insurance coverage for abortion, which the state has already banned after six weeks. But that's not all. Not by a long shot.

It would also force women to undergo a medical procedure that does not exist to avoid abortion when they're having an ectopic or tubal pregnancy. The man who wrote the bill explains it as "removing that embryo from the fallopian tube and reinserting it in the uterus so that is defined as not an abortion under this bill.""

Ohio Legislature Considering An Abortion Bill That Is More Restrictive Than The "Heartbeat Bill" | The Statehouse News Bureau

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What's happened to womens' rights over the last two years is staggering. I always knew the hatred existed, I had hoped it would never be given the figure head or power to change laws.

It's starting to feel hopeless.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
. The man who wrote the bill explains it as "removing that embryo from the fallopian tube and reinserting it in the uterus so that is defined as not an abortion under this bill.""
You don't take stuff out and then put it back in unnecessarily. That's an increased risk of infection. Not only do I hope the bill doesn't pass, I hope that man dies in his sleep tonight; that's fucked up.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You don't take stuff out and then put it back in unnecessarily. That's an increased risk of infection. Not only do I hope the bill doesn't pass, I hope that man dies in his sleep tonight; that's fucked up.
The hypocrisy of these fkrs is undeniably unconscionable, that's for CERTAIN, A.E. And under Georgia law, if Republicans had their way, the young victim of rape or incest would be sentenced to life in prison for getting an abortion.

Georgia Women Could Receive Death Penalty for Abortion as State's Maternal Death Rate Rises

Some however are fighting back:

Over 100 Hollywood actors boycott state over new law The television and film industry takes a stand against a state whose governor just signed one of the strictest abortion laws in the nation. 'Don't give your business to Georgia' »

Actors and Filmmakers Are Refusing to Work in Georgia Because of Its Latest Abortion Restriction – Mother Jones

Consumers (like moviegoers, for example) and others can do their part as well:

Every Movie and TV Show Now Filming in Georgia

Reactions: AlteredEgo

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
What's happened to womens' rights over the last two years is staggering. I always knew the hatred existed, I had hoped it would never be given the figure head or power to change laws.

It's starting to feel hopeless.

A lot of people seem to think society is always moving forward and can't regress. That old ideas about women, race or sexuality are truly old ideas and can't exist anymore. These people are at best naive.

There has always been a segment of the population that hates the way society has changed in the last 60 or so years. They desperately want to turn the clock back and now they have their chance.