Alabama Aiming At Roe

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
A lot of people seem to think society is always moving forward and can't regress. That old ideas about women, race or sexuality are truly old ideas and can't exist anymore. These people are at best naive.

There has always been a segment of the population that hates the way society has changed in the last 60 or so years. They desperately want to turn the clock back and now they have their chance.
I'm of the belief that society regresses when people of conscience grow complacent enough to LET it do so.

Sixty years ago, a people took to the streets in peaceful demonstrations, boycotts, and protests, allowing their oppressors to be the aggressors, so that, after the entire world witnessed the persecutions, the attack dogs, the water cannon, the arrests, the murders and hangings, the fire bombings, and more, they'd lost the stomach for it, and change was eventually enacted.

So, instead of stoically sitting back and watching a retrogressive minority have THEIR way, perhaps those OPPOSED to it should do a little "clock turning back" of our OWN.

In Alabama, abortion clinics have all but disappeared. But these advocates are still fighting.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Republicans know that such a draconian abortion bill will be instantly challenged in the courts, and that's what they want. Some have come out and explicitly stated that its intended purpose is to make its way to the Supreme Court, so that abortion can be definitively overturned at the federal level.

And this is evil, through and through. This is pure hatred for women.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I want to know what happens to couples, woman and doctors who don't implant all those eggs, too.

Hopefully nothing. Because, while I think IVF is immoral, I'm not looking to legislate other people's reproductive decisions. But if it is about life beginning at conception, and not the oppression of women, this is the same thing, only WORSE, because these eggs are fertilized deliberately. Women and couples seeking abortion have fertilized eggs accidentally.

Why is it okay to discard fertilized eggs at the exact same level of development if it isn't purely about controlling women? And why is it okay that Christians want to exert this control, but when Moslems and Jewish want to control women and their sexuality, and make them cover themselves and hide their hair, it's suddenly barbaric?

Media
...[...]...And why is it okay that Christians want to exert this control, but when Moslems and Jewish want to control women and their sexuality, and make them cover themselves and hide their hair, it's suddenly barbaric?

They bought themselves a self-serving President by exchanging votes—for legislation and judges—to impose a rigid regressive conservative Evangelical “Christian” agenda on this country. Seeing as the churches have failed to instill their uncompromising “moral” viewpoint among their congregants, they want the government to do it for them in blatant disregard for the First Amendment.

Just like Republican Jesus would do.

The fanatical mindset of the religious right

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Reactions: Enid
Media
It’s Signed:
I Just Screwed Every Woman In Alabama.
Aiming for the entire USA!
Praise Republican Jesus!

images

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey Signs Nation’s Strictest Abortion Bill | HuffPost

Last edited:

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Controversial though it may be I do not believe that all people are human, and I do not believe that all life is valuable. Right now I can think of 26 fat cats who we probably could have done without. The world might be better off had their mothers swallowed or been to a clinic like the ones they've banned.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I took this shot a couple miles from my home. It’s Mile High Baptist Church.
I asked my raised Southern Baptist sweetie about kneelers in “his” churches (he will play memorial services and community fundraisers), and he assured me there aren’t kneelers or kneeling in the church.

I sent the pic with the comment, “isn’t on your knees how you avoid being a mother?”
He responded that with the poor sex ed today, many people think you can get pregnant on your knees.

So now, I’m wondering is Alabama an abstinence only education state?

As far as the fat cats go, why couldn’t the moms have said yes to anal? Or did they?

Attachments

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This is definitely not a spontaneous state-driven initiative. It's a nationally coordinated effort by the Republican party. As some have already pointed out, it's intended to force the Supreme Court to re-engage with the issue and potentially overturn Roe.

They know they are losing ground with every year that passes. They are counting on us getting tired.

Don't get tired.

Fight.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Controversial though it may be I do not believe that all people are human, and I do not believe that all life is valuable. Right now I can think of 26 fat cats who we probably could have done without. The world might be better off had their mothers swallowed or been to a clinic like the ones they've banned.
+1

and don't forget the happy little lady sitting in the governor's seat with her blinders on.

March 20 referral.jpg