Albolene - Best lube for jacking off?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Albolene contains mineral oil, petrolatum paraffin, ceresin and beta-carotene."--Albolene's website.

Source: http://www.albolenecleanser.com/Pages/Albolene_Facts

I don't think that is condom compatible stuff. But party on.

It's not safe for use with latex condoms, but the thread title is "Best lube for jacking off".

Inexpensive, water-based lubes are fine for quickies, but are lousy for longer lays and JOing.

Silicone-based lubes are great for long-duration, edge-type play because they stay wet longer, but are hyper-expensive.

When condoms were a strict part of my love life, I always had two lubes: Elbow Grease or Crisco for JOing and Eros for fucking.

Reactions: dunk89

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's not safe for use with latex condoms, but the thread title is "Best lube for jacking off".

Correctamundo. I was reading someone's post and they wondered whether Albolene was safe for use with condoms. I was searching and answering under those intentions.

Inexpensive, water-based lubes are fine for quickies, but are lousy for longer lays and JOing.

I agree. THANK GOD for WET Platinum and ID Millenium silicone based lubes.

Silicone-based lubes are great for long-duration, edge-type play because they stay wet longer, but are hyper-expensive.

I found a 3.1 oz. bottle of Wet Platinum lubricant for ten dollars at my local CVS Pharmacy. (Compared to paying $19.00 for the same bottle at a local sex shop for the same size bottle.)

When condoms were a strict part of my love life, I always had two lubes: Elbow Grease or Crisco for JOing and Eros for fucking.

Wow. You are definately from the old school of fuggin'.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Not just men. I use it too. It really is great for extra long multiple sessions

Yup! I've been using it for masturbating since i found the stuff in my moms bathroom in highschool. Definitely good stuff. Ours is used so much that i think we lost the lid to it and never noticed because it stays open at the nighstand.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Bbucko: You're a man who speaks to my heart: Crisco. In my day there were Abolene Queens (usually drag queens who used the stuff as cold cream and a lube) and us Crisco boys. My adopted home in the late 60's into the 70's was always referred to as San FranCrisco (for obvious reason) and we were smugly proud about it. And it took very little to create one's own edging lube by adding a few drops of menthol oil for those occasions you wanted a butt buzz or a bit of desensitization so one could fuck for hours. Of course, about 1980 things suddenly changed.

I like the silicone stuff for long edgy rave sex, especially when we're in the ocean or pool. But find that I have to soap and lather down four or five times to clean myself up, otherwise the small amount of silicone remaining tends to generate an unpleasant odor. But I'm an uncut hygiene freak. Never have understood men who didn't learn how to keep their foreskins clean, odor-free, soft and dry (Corn Starch. I've posted it many times. A simple dusting of corn starch inside and outside the foreskin after bathing/showering is the de facto foreskin deoderant.)

Helene Curtis (a famous, but now defunct cosmetics company) had a competing cold cream without the smell of Abolene Cream which meant as young'ns we could rage around in our bedrooms at home with company and our mother's were never the wiser, because there was no left-over tell-tale floral fragrance.

It costs an arm and a leg, but the Squeeze and I are quite fond of Boy Butter. Seems to last much longer than other water-based lubes. Tasty, too. :smile:

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bbucko: You're a man who speaks to my heart: Crisco. In my day there were Abolene Queens (usually drag queens who used the stuff as cold cream and a lube) and us Crisco boys. My adopted home in the late 60's into the 70's was always referred to as San FranCrisco (for obvious reason) and we were smugly proud about it. And it took very little to create one's own edging lube by adding a few drops of menthol oil for those occasions you wanted a butt buzz or a bit of desensitization so one could fuck for hours. Of course, about 1980 things suddenly changed.

It costs an arm and a leg, but the Squeeze and I are quite fond of Boy Butter. Seems to last much longer than other water-based lubes. Tasty, too. :smile:

We dinosaurs also remember dancing the night away to what was called "Crisco Disco", darling. I might just start a thread in Etc with links. I started a monster thread on AIDSmeds.com last year in Off Topic and all the 70s disco dollies came creaking out of the woodwork.

Crisco remains the JO lube of choice for me because it NEVER dries out. It is also the undisputed champion for heavy assplay/fisting. But Elbow Grease is far superior for clean-up and doesn't stain my sheets.

If my slender finances would allow, I'd try Boy Butter (if only for the name). It reminds me of a trick long ago with a cute young latino who brought me home for some play. When I asked him for some lube, he returned from the kitchen with a stick of margarine on a paper plate! :biggrin1:

And his elderly parents were in the next room watching TV the whole time, which I found quite cool, actually.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Correctamundo. I was reading someone's post and they wondered whether Albolene was safe for use with condoms. I was searching and answering under those intentions.

I agree. THANK GOD for WET Platinum and ID Millenium silicone based lubes.

I found a 3.1 oz. bottle of Wet Platinum lubricant for ten dollars at my local CVS Pharmacy. (Compared to paying $19.00 for the same bottle at a local sex shop for the same size bottle.)

Wow. You are definately from the old school of fuggin'.

That's me, baby...wicked old school :cool:

Malmo75

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow,
I guess it’s just me who doesn’t like Albolene that much.
I found it to somehow make the feeling less pleasurable, like it somehow is covering the sensibility in my dick. Is it just me who experience it like that?