alcohol

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by casa, Sep 26, 2005.

1. casa

casa New Member

hello,

new 'member' here. :) not a 'large' guy, but i've searched the web and this seems like one of the better resources for discussing this type of stuff... hope you don't mind me asking away here.

i'm 21 and still a virgin. a few days ago i had my first attempt at a sexual encounter, which did not go well. i'm sure most people's best time isn't their first, but the problem i had isn't the one i normally hear of first timers encountering, so i'd like to share my experience and hear what some of you more experienced guys have to say about it.

i was unable to get a decent erection the whole time. the girl (not a virgin) was understanding and tried to help, but to no avail. we succeeded once or twice, but it didn't last long enough to be of any 'use'.

i think the main cause was that i was very drunk. i've been drunk before, and found that though i enjoy the 'silliness' of being drunk, my entire body, penis included, loses virtually all sensitivity. i've managed to masturbate to ejaculation while drunk in the past, but it took a lot of effort and 'force' both to get hard and then to finish the job... and it wasn't too pleasurable.

i thought maybe it would be different with a partner, but if anything, it was worse... probably due to embarrassment and imaginary 'pressure' to perform. the fact that i'd only met her that night probably didn't help, since i'm pretty shy and have never been confident enough to hook up with someone i don't really know... and being drunk, i was probably trying to move too fast, not allowing myself to relax, etc.

is it common for alcohol to have this effect? we played with each other's bodies a fair bit, but i wasn't really 'feeling' her body, or her hands over mine... if that makes sense? it just seems wierd, since lots of people seem to have sex while drunk... and i've never had the confidence to get intimate with a girl while sober. i also get the impression that 'getting it up' is not usually a problem for a young guy, especially in his first encounter.

or were other factors more likely to blame?

sorry for the lengthy post... i just needed to get it off my chest, and hear if this is a common scenario or not, and maybe get some ideas as to how to do better next time.

thankyou!

2. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Many a drunk guy has had a limp dick. First timers often imbibe to set the mood and overdo it, the result is what happened with you. Alcohol lowers the inhibitions yet dulls the experience. You want to remember your first time, right?

3. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is there any chance of meeting up with her again when you (both) are not drunk? I don't know how you left off with her, but give it another try without the depressant.
    I was very nervous my first time, and did fumble around a bit, but neither of us had been drinking. I was able to 'finish' the 1st time, and on later dates there wa not problem at all, as those 1st time jitters were long gone.

LapDog :p

4. casa

casa New Member

thanks guys

in terms of seeing her again, i think i kinda blew it... i left her place not long after, when my friend (who was there with another girl, and providing my lift home) did. i think she would have been happy for me to stay there overnight and just chill out with her... had i been thinking straight, i probably would have done that. (yet another reason the alcohol probably didn't help!)

strange as it may sound, i'm more embarrassed about just walking out than i am about the actual 'incident.' hopefully she wasn't too upset by it... we've tried to contact them since, but got no answer... i might try again, but i don't think i'll push it too much...

apologies again for making it a lengthy 'sob story'. :) you've probably heard it all before many times...

5. Matthew

Gold Member

I haven't had a problem getting an erection after drinking, but do have a harder time cumming. We always called it 'whiskey dick.'

6. viking

viking New Member

Albums:
    Alcohol has the same effect on your body that is has on your mind.

NUMBING.

It relaxes your muscles, it relaxes your mind and yes, your dick too.
    Anxiety to perform is a normal part of beginning your sexual adventure.
    It will fade once you have gotten past the initial panic stage.

Once you've gained control over your excitement, you'll be able to become intimate without plying yourself with booze. I know that it's part of the party scene and it's fun, but as you've seen, It doesn't help much in the sack.

Don't be too hard on yourself. call her up and say," hey, sorry I split on you the other night. I was a little embarrased. Would you like to get togehter again for some dinner or something?"

It's really not a big deal and she'll probably be impressed that you called to say that.

Good luck.

7. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's an expression for it. Brewer's droop.

8. bigunzippedstudent9

bigunzippedstudent9 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I'd put my money on you being nervous, over the drunkness.....

9. BayouREUben

BayouREUben New Member

I think that the nervousness is a big factor; I'm a virgin pushing 21, and I am VERY anxious to finally get some action. I've never even come close to having sex yet, though:(

10. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would place money on the fact that performance anxiety and the booze factor prevented you from achieving an erection in the situation you posted.

A little wine may be fine, but as you stated you were drunk. Not a great formula for a successful first timer. Wait until the next opportunity presents itself and consume less booze and start to enjoy life.

Also, please remember there is no such thing as bad sex, only some sex is better than others. With a start like you described, you only have to look forward to better.

Relax and enjoy life.

11. thkbeercan

thkbeercan Active Member

Albums:
    my erections and my sex life got better when i stopped drinking

Draft saved Draft deleted