View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Alec Baldwins airline incident is another sign of how some feel that don't have to play by the same rules. Even though he attempted to apologize to other passengers he doesn't get it. As seen in this SNL piece.

msnbc.com Entertainment - Alec Baldwin apologizes to himself on 'SNL'
It's typical Alec Baldwin. A few years ago he left a nasty, cursing language message for his daughter, tried saying it was for the ex wife even though he spoke directly at his daughter in the message. He is scum.

Cowhandlvr

Sexy Member
Media
Portland, Oregon single bottom and look to suck bi
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being in the industry and all the rules we are required to make sure happens in minutes so we can be on time, I can't believe the FAA hasn't fined his ass for interfering with a flight crew. I also can't believe people can't cooperate for a few minutes, is this how they all act at their jobs?

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honestly not have been on the plane and witnessing this 'event' I can't help but think "BECAUSE" he is a celeb he may have been singled out -- NONE of us will know unless we were actually there. It is so easy to speculate, offer conjecture, and ride someone without all the actually facts. HOWEVER! I think there is a rule we should all subscribe to: Be kind, be polite, be honest, don't steal, hurt or harm anyone, help those you can and just always speak and do things for those those you encounter as if they are your mother and father. Simple respect should come naturally...forever one...regardless of age, race, or class.

Hey we all have bad days, moments, times. Maybe this day was one of his...but he is not just human. Regardless of his past, present, or furture he will deal with it...

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He was playing fucking scrabble.

Yeah that's what they say but come on...who hasn't really been guilty of turning off stuff at the last minute...just because he's a celeb is this getting so much attention...hey I'm having a baby, I own several really expensive sports cars, I make a ton of money, I'm really smart and good at what I do but I never make the news...o wait...not on silver screen...really does it matter that much?

I've been talking to my daughter more than once via text when they shut the doors and I continued till it was the last minute but I never made the news...really come one here...enough is enough!

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah that's what they say but come on...who hasn't really been guilty of turning off stuff at the last minute...just because he's a celeb is this getting so much attention...hey I'm having a baby, I own several really expensive sports cars, I make a ton of money, I'm really smart and good at what I do but I never make the news...o wait...not on silver screen...really does it matter that much?

I've been talking to my daughter more than once via text when they shut the doors and I continued till it was the last minute but I never made the news...really come one here...enough is enough!
But were you asked to put the device away? He was and ignored the request. That's the difference.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But were you asked to put the device away? He was and ignored the request. That's the difference.

I argue that...my 13 y/o needed communication, reassurance, and dad's time and I gave it...must admit despite his commercials however I do have a private pilots license and understand the rules probably better than most...despite that...we've all hidden the "device" when we got the last seatbealt check or the hidden plastic bottle of vodka we were sipping...come on we are human and we all push the limits. He ignored it and got caught but how many "UN"celebs got caught but nothing EVER happened???? Really??? He's a "B" rated actor at best so we should make an example???

I just don't get it! Flight would have gone fine without his antics but anyway...

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nevermind....:rolleyes:

O 'OhWise' I agree but sometimes there are just somethings that don't make cents and it they don't make cents they don't make dollars...keep in mind this comes on the heals of a bankruptcy notice...marketing ploy????

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
First, I'm rather fond of Alec Baldwin and most of the Baldwin puppies.

Second, I keep my mobile phone in my checked luggage when I fly. If any of you have serious doubts as to why electronic devices need to be turned off just ask a flight attendant to let you listen for a few seconds on one of the cabin telephones when they're not using the public address button to can remind us everyone fasten out safety belts. The static and crossed conversations caused by idiots insisting upon using their cell/mobile phones, especially those in being used in gaming mode, makes it impossible for the pilot and copilot hear instructions from air controllers and the ground crew. The same goes with the flight attendant at the back of the plane trying to hear the pilot's instructions from the front of the plane. It's worse than picking through the overlap of a bunch of megawatt AM Radio Jesus stations just to find a little Patsy Cline to sooth your soul in the middle of the night as you speed off into to the darkness to Del Rio.

To summarize, it's a serious issue that can and does lead to airline accidents when the jetway has been closed and your pilot is trying to hear through the maze of criss-crossing instructions to other pilots regarding which tarmac to taxi towards for take off.

Dullards insisting upon using their ceil or mobile phones before or during take off are a deadly problem that, if you actually heard the audio scramble, would scare the shit out of you. Yeah, I want the pilot of my plane to work in an environment akin to having 12 toddlers screaming in his ear phones.

Last edited:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I argue that...my 13 y/o needed communication, reassurance, and dad's time and I gave it...must admit despite his commercials however I do have a private pilots license and understand the rules probably better than most...despite that...we've all hidden the "device" when we got the last seatbealt check or the hidden plastic bottle of vodka we were sipping...come on we are human and we all push the limits. He ignored it and got caught but how many "UN"celebs got caught but nothing EVER happened???? Really??? He's a "B" rated actor at best so we should make an example???

I just don't get it! Flight would have gone fine without his antics but anyway...

Ohhh...Kay.

Have you ever been asked to turn your device off specifically? If so, did you stand up and make a scene, like Baldwin allegedly did?

According to reports, he stood up, started calling the flight crew rude names, then went into the bathroom with his phone, slamming the door hard enough for the flight crew to hear it......How is THAT appropriate behavior?

I don't know....I guess people are becoming way too self absorbed for their own good....

Alec Baldwin, American Airlines disagree on what happened during Words With Friends incident - The Washington Post

Oh, and if you're curious, Alec's non-apology over the situation:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...8aHrCA&usg=AFQjCNFVvOFY6k_JGbys3wPXGR9j8lUdqw

/:asshole:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Anecdotal story: trying to land in an upper midwest city last winter...RVR was at minimum due to snow and fog. We missed the first approach and went around to try another..also missed. Climbed out to about 7K feet to hold as ATC was reconfiguring the approach to accommodate change in wind direction. Something told me to get up and check the cabin as we started in on attempt #3....several people were texting. I politely but firmly told them to turn it off and watched them power down and stow their devices.

I called the flight deck (was safety related so sterile FD could be broken) and reported the issue. The FO said that they had some abnormalities with the ILS flight management system (on an Airbus) and considered diverting to our good weather alternate, some 200 mi away...but it was ok now. We got in on the 3rd try.

Hmmmmmmm