Alex8 and others

The-Bigger-the-Better

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Since this is Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy* I will just like to say ... I think some people don't seem to have that much either going for them personally or in this chat room....I wonder why is it that whenever ANY topic is posted you could always count on a few guys to take this way to serious or personal and make rude or sarcastic comments...I would say that maybe they are over compensating for something but according them they are fine in that AREA...I wonder. Very gay catty like behaviour...hmmm.

*EDIT: topic moved by moderator

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ouch!

Every once in a while, some guy surfaces and blankets the site with thousands of posts in a short time period. He lingers on this site for hours every day and dominates the chatroom. Often, you discover this is only ONE of the websites he frequents.

I, too, question the sanity of these people -- and wonder what allows (or forces) them to spend so much time, at all hours of the day, on the Internet. More often than not, they fizzle out and disappear as quickly as they appear. (It usually comes from being unmasked as a fraud.)

These alpha-male, attention whore, lying ass posters bug me and I call them on it. If there's a specific post or a message here that annoys you, or if you find something someone says "catty," call it out. Just be prepared for a barrage of nasty PMs and profanity-laden response from their sycophantic LPSG-"friends." (Again, these are often hysterical.)

But, dude, a blanket assessment about one particular member "and others" isn't really helpful in making your point. I'm not negating what you write here; I'm just saying that many here won't completely understand what exactly you're referring to.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The-Bigger-the-Better said:
...I wonder why is it that whenever ANY topic is posted you could always count on a few guys to take this way to serious or personal and make rude or sarcastic comments...I would say that maybe they are over compensating for something but according them they are fine in that AREA...I wonder. Very gay catty like behaviour...hmmm.
It depends upon a lot of things, but this progression of statements does indeed "make ya wanna say 'hmmmm'". Where it's posted, what is posted, how many times the subject has been posted before, and how you present your post all have bearing on the response you get... as does familiarity. Some of us have been members a while, and we understand when other long-time members are serious, or joking, or facetious, or sarcastic, or ironic. LPSG really is very much like a real-life, in-person, social situation in many respects.

Just curious, I'm not being gay catty, but how do you say some guys take this "way to serious or personal and make rude or sarcastic comments", then a couple of ellipses later, point out someones "gay catty behavior"?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since this is Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy* I will just like to say ... I think some people don't seem to have that much either going for them personally or in this chat room....I wonder why is it that whenever ANY topic is posted you could always count on a few guys to take this way to serious or personal and make rude or sarcastic comments...I would say that maybe they are over compensating for something but according them they are fine in that AREA...I wonder. Very gay catty like behaviour...hmmm.
Would you like to cite some specific examples that I can refer to seeing as you've chosen to malign me in the title?

Yours cattily and very gayly,
Alex. :smile:

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree - if you have a problem with something - then say so at the time.

And, I can't understand why you would want to lay this complaint at Alex's door - just goes to show that two people can read the same stuff and come to different conclusions.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
If you read enough of Alex, you'll simply find him fun and really quite good-hearted.
There have been more appreciation threads of Alex than of anyone else I can think of.
His tone is slightly superior -- but that, I think, is intended to amuse, and on the evidence, largely does.
But he knows he's very smart ... and maybe you are one of those who finds that annoying.
He can also pounce on egregious displays of stupidity or dishonesty. But time and again, the 'injured' parties join him again in the porpoise pen.
Alex is one of those online presences on whom anything and everything can be projected.
For most of us, he is a mythical, godlike presence whose computer, dusted daily by Ganymede, emits a seraphic glow on Mount Olympus.
FYI, the-bigger-the-better.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
senor rubirosa said:
If you read enough of Alex, you'll simply find him fun and really quite good-hearted.
There have been more appreciation threads of Alex than of anyone else I can think of.
His tone is slightly superior -- but that, I think, is intended to amuse, and on the evidence, largely does.
But he knows he's very smart ... and maybe you are one of those who finds that annoying.
He can also pounce on egregious displays of stupidity or dishonesty. But time and again, the 'injured' parties join him again in the porpoise pen.
Alex is one of those online presences on whom anything and everything can be projected.
For most of us, he is a mythical, godlike presence whose computer, dusted daily by Ganymede, emits a seraphic glow Mount Olympus.
FYI, the-bigger-the-better.

I can't STAND ALEX8!!!!!:tongue:

He is so pompous, and far to good at spalling ad gremmar to be here!
Ban Alex7!~!!!!

Alright, now that I got that out of my system. Bigger/better, I think you may want to reconsider your point of view here. IN this thread, there are a few "types of posters".

You have:
1) those who post practically anywhere, and everywhere, aka post whores.
2) those who post with a sarcastic tone
3) those who take the time and post with deep thoughts
4) those who just post to be assholes, arguing with everyones thoughts, and acting like an outright troll.

These people all contribute to the group and make it what it is today.

I would GLADLY take a slew of Alex8's sarcasm, hours of Vinny's flirting, seconds of Spladles jokes and even a bit of novice btm's tactless ass shaking:rolleyes: , if it meant I didn't have to read a single thread written about someone bitching about others all the while thinking they are without fault, talking aobut how they banged their dad last night, starting another thread about cut/uncut, size "is this big enough?", or just some newbie who's sole purpose is to troll.

Having said that, I quietly retire to the shadows.....:biggrin1:

*oops, back out for a second* I like the way this group is. The only thing those people are comphensating for, is the fact that some posters are whiny, complaining trolls.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One man's whiny, complaining troll is another's well-hung, reasonable hero.

Seriously, if the guy has a beef with someone, he deserves to be heard. Bigger has been on the board long enough to not need "the LPSG community" explained to him. In fact, he's been here longer than most people. I would just ask for specifics and not blanket recriminations.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hung Muscle said:

Seriously, if the guy has a beef with someone, he deserves to be heard. Bigger has been on the board long enough to not need "the LPSG community" explained to him. In fact, he's been here longer than most people. I would just ask for specifics and not blanket recriminations.
I suppose, but if you know Alex, aside from the spending-too-much-time-at-the-computer aspect, none of that really applies to him, well, assuming you have a sense of humour. :tongue: Also, if someone has an issue with someone else, the adult thing to do, is to first approach that person one-on-one, and not blind-side them in a public forum. Now, as far as too much time at the computer goes, whether it refers to Alex of anyone else, in today's world, many people do most, or all of their work, in front of a computer, and if they're driven, and work non-stop, that means they're always there. Now, the leap to having a window with LPSG running in the background, isn't that big of a deal.

Perhaps the topic was presented reasonably, but it was also cowardly, ill-aimed (why not go after the abundant trolls, if you just need target practice), overly-generalized, and cheap. Personally, I hardly find anything heroic about that, but as Pendragon said, we all see things differently, and I support other opinions, just as I've expressed mine.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Hung Muscle said:

That is fair, I didn't read his profile before I started typing.

Bigger, you have my apoligies at my comments. I sorta went Rude on you, because I thought you were some random guy who just wanted to argue. And the way the comments were stated, sorta raised my hairs a bit.
I still stand by my opinion, though.
Cheers,
Jeff.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Every few months (feels like days sometimes) we have these types of issues come up where a member wants to discuss the posting habits/content of members the board.

Although I do think we have discussed it and that people whose posts we do not like should be set to ignore, I feel that thsi subject has merit to be discussed in general.

(I know Mods can't be set to ignore, BigDirigible and Rob_E is not changing that--so no need to jump in and gripe here, okay?)

That being said, I think that calling out a poster via a thread title can be considered rude and/or flaming (IMHO).

I am sure everyone has posters whom they read and think, "__________, just shut up!"

Again, that is what the ignore button is for (or you can skip over their posts mentally, like DC DEEP alluded to in another thread).

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This thread has provoked me to serious thought - I wonder if people here ever want ME to STFU? I've personally not ever felt the need to use the "ignore" function; I just kinda breeze past the posts that get on my nerves... different strokes I guess.

T

that_other_guy

vinny_spiruccino said:
This thread has provoked me to serious thought - I wonder if people here ever want ME to STFU? I've personally not ever felt the need to use the "ignore" function; I just kinda breeze past the posts that get on my nerves... different strokes I guess.

Ditto (thinks about scene in Blazing Saddles)

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Everyone here has different issues and personalities that annoy them.

Some want to tear their hair out when they read the 800th first-time poster telling a story about how he liked to masturbate with his 12"-dicked uncle when he was twelve.

Others sit on the sidelines waiting for the chance to pounce on their least -favorite "regular posters."

Etc. ad nauseum, around and around we go.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Readers, please don't take this as self-aggrandizing, whining, or attention-whoring - just simply an observation... and typed with a smile on my face....

Lex, you seem to be about the only one here who quotes and paraphrases me on a regular basis, as a means of illustration. That must mean I'm quiet (yeah right), but as they say, "still waters run deep."

Vinny, the only time I would EVER tell you to STFU is "shut up and kiss me!"

Alex, I may be way off base here, but I'm guessing that you don't spend every waking moment on LPSG and googling pics... I'm guessing that you are simply good at multi-tasking (like I think of myself) and can spend time on here while you gets a gazillion other things done.

Lex (again) I want the opportunity to paw and kiss you again. Any suggestions? I would love the opportunity to prove your phobia of my husband to be completely unfounded.

Vinny (again) please let me know next tiime you will be in the DC/MD/VA area. I'm convenient to either airport (IAD or DCA). Sex would be fun, but just meeting and talking would be better.

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
DC_DEEP said:
Vinny (again) please let me know next tiime you will be in the DC/MD/VA area. I'm convenient to either airport (IAD or DCA). Sex would be fun, but just meeting and talking would be better.

And since we're editing one another's posts today: "better" should be replaced by "ok too". Just SO you know.

Now I gotta get going...

**types www.usairways.com desperate to find a cheap flight home...**

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Vinny ,

that is probably because you are a sweetie pie and folks feel the love.

I opened this thread because I thought it was another Alex appreciation thread. In a left handed way I guess it is....

Alex,
I generally love your posts. Your encyclopedic knowledge of a vast array of subjects is formidable, but I love the fact that you do not use your intelligence as a weapon and are most approachable.

vinny_spiruccino said:

Templar90

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think some people don't seem to have that much either going for them personally or in this chat room....I wonder why is it that whenever ANY topic is posted you could always count on a few guys to take this way to serious or personal and make rude or sarcastic comments...I would say that maybe they are over compensating for something but according them they are fine in that AREA...I wonder. Very gay catty like behaviour...hmmm.

Yikes. And I thought I had gotten carried away lately.