Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I meant it most sincerely....

vinny_spiruccino said:
naughty said:
Vinny ,
that is probably because you are a sweetie pie and folks feel the love.
We it CERTAINLY DID take long enough for someone to get the hint of what I was goin for!

Thank you Naughty. *snuggles*

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I suppose it might seem hostile to the shy or occasional poster who musters the will to initiate a thread and then finds unwelcome intrusions of sarcasm or thread jacking.

:rolleyes: Mea culpa.

Now that the superficial nod to compassion is out of the way, gotta say I love Alex8 and welcome his many posts! :biggrin1:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
Alex, I may be way off base here, but I'm guessing that you don't spend every waking moment on LPSG and googling pics... I'm guessing that you are simply good at multi-tasking (like I think of myself) and can spend time on here while you gets a gazillion other things done.
I do sometimes feel like I spend every waking moment in front of my monitor, though:rolleyes: ... so if the charge is 'not having enough of a life', then I'm probably guilty as charged... However, when your finances are tied up in as many projects as mine are right now - all of which require me to be in front of a computer and keeping pretty outrageous hours - then LPSG is not only an entertaining, insightful and often amusing site to have open in a tab on my computer (not even requiring a window to be open, just a tab on Firefox), but also a great place to hang out cash-free.

Mention has been made of those who monopolize the chat room here. I have no idea how many months it has been since I even spent any time in there... I simply don't have the time for extended conversations generally, just to pop a couple of lines and/or some images onto a thread at haphazard intervals. Those few people who PM with me regularly here will also know that I often find time only to write to them once a week or fortnight. I don't post anywhere else online. So what you see of me 'on the boards' here, is generally the full extent of my 'online presence'.

Any posts that I do make are intended to be lighthearted, humorous, or - where relevant - informative. Preferably a combination of these. If I have a rant at someone, then it will simply be because they're being a tool (starting 20 inane threads on their first day here that could all be answered by actually reading the boards), because they've made a stereotyped generalization or other uninformed comment based on prejudices, or because they're consistently attempting to pass off fiction as fact in an attempt to self-aggrandize and/or belittle others over an extended number of posts.

I certainly don't go out of my way to be obnoxious to anyone, and I can only assume that t_b_t_b may not be very responsive to the lighthearted irony with which many of my posts are infused; however, enough people do seem to 'get where I'm coming from' with my one-liners that I have to conclude that my remarks are comprehended as intended by the majority of people here. Above all, my motto is indeed that we can afford to be fairly "tongue in cheek" here... the fact I started a thread concerning "which Doctor Who has the biggest cock?" today should be evidence of that... just an attempt to be amusing and irreverent in a world quite literally in a state of crisis. I'll also point out that this is precisely the eleventh thread I've started in almost eight months here, so I can scarcely be accused of monopolization of the boards in this regard either.

And no, I don't spend my whole life googling. When you have about 30 regular bookmarks set up for sites that are useful for finding the kinds of image requested here, then it's just a case of clicking a few times on a pull-down menu to check out the sources one knows will be most appropriate in a given case. Occasionally I'll invest more in a project if I think it's a challenge... but not at the expense of all the things I have to do, merely as a source of personal amusement alongside these. The whole "celebrity endowments" section intrigues me anyway in that it ties in with research I have undertaken in the past, about how single aesthetic moments in a feature film are often more striking in people's memories than even the narrative of the movie. Time and again, there have been threads about people remembering a bulge they saw at the drive-in in the 1960s, or a momentary flash of skin in a 1980s tv show, etc. Those whom I consider my close friends here, who know what I do in real life, understand even better why these things appeal to me both on a 'fun' level and an intellectual one.

To conclude, I'll do that terrible thing at which German philosopher Walter Benjamin was so adept: quoting himself. Simply to illuminate that the above has not all suddenly been constructed as a quick defence against the charges brought in this thread, but that it's simply an explanation of the way things are... :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by rookaponz
Not to be mean but do you have a life ?

alex8 said:
Yes thankyou, but currently it also involves being at my computer for up to 18 hours a day while working on various projects. So something like this can provide a respite while waiting for edits to render and the like. It costs nothing to be nice to people when they ask for things. Although apparently others find it easier to be obnoxious instead. :rolleyes:

Source: http://www.lpsg.org/celebrity-endowments/29209-any-greek-celebrity-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhtang
Dare I ask how you manage to conjure up innumerable images of innumerable persons/celebrities at the snap of a finger?

alex8 said:
A combination of... having about twenty sites that I use regularly bookmarked; having membership of another dozen or so celebrity forums, mainly based in France, Spain and Brazil, so requiring some language skills beyond English; never using only google as a search engine, but yahoo, altavista and others too; and never searching just by celebrity name, but by individual film titles in various languages as well. But most of all... a perverse interest in nakedness. :rolleyes:

All of which really equates to about 6 clicks with my mouse in most cases. But without Pecker having started the trend for including pics on celeb threads here, I would never have started hunting for these things in the first place. So blame him!!!

Source:
http://www.lpsg.org/celebrity-endowments/29264-chris-potter.html

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...In other words, my assessment of you was spot on, yes? You do have a life, you get your work done, but you are good enough that you can keep up with LPSG also?

T

that_other_guy

DC_DEEP said:
...In other words, my assessment of you was spot on, yes? You do have a life, you get your work done, but you are good enough that you can keep up with LPSG also?

no ... Alex is actually a god ... duh :rolleyes:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
Lex, you seem to be about the only one here who quotes and paraphrases me on a regular basis, as a means of illustration. That must mean I'm quiet (yeah right), but as they say, "still waters run deep."

No, it means I am stalking you, you sexy fucking beast you.

DC_DEEP said:
Lex (again) I want the opportunity to paw and kiss you again. Any suggestions? I would love the opportunity to prove your phobia of my husband to be completely unfounded.
Your husband wants to blindfold me, gag me, put me in chain mail, tie me to a St. Andrew's cross and fuck me silly. What's not to be scared of? :rolleyes:

DC_DEEP said:
Alex, I may be way off base here, but I'm guessing that you don't spend every waking moment on LPSG and googling pics... I'm guessing that you are simply good at multi-tasking (like I think of myself) and can spend time on here while you gets a gazillion other things done.

Tabbed browsing via FireFox and the new IE Beta allow someone's who status says online to actually be doing other things. I, for one, am guilty of leaving a tab open to either the site or the chat when I am neither reading nor chatting.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't read the OP because it was all bolded and displeasing to the eyes, but I'm assuming that this is another appreciation thread or something, right? I'll throw in my two cents - Alex is hawt and I would totally go gay for him in a heartbeat.

:kiss:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
...Your husband wants to blindfold me, gag me, put me in chain mail, tie me to a St. Andrew's cross and fuck me silly. What's not to be scared of?
Ok, I'll admit, all I want to do is put you in chain mail, throw you in the sling, then fuck you silly.... then (courteous and gentlemanly as I am) allow you the same..... (and don't tell him I said this, but I'm the boss here...)

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Spladle said:
Alex is hawt and I would totally go gay for him in a heartbeat.

:kiss:

And I'd happily go straight for you, oh sexalicious prince of the sliding gender... not that it would necessarily help, but at least it'd show willing on my part. :rolleyes:

:hitit:

Media
I like Alex. I like his posts. I'm impressed with his vast knowledge, his intelligence, and his computer like brain. I like his humor even when it is acerbic! And he ranks on me every chance he gets, and I still like him. LPSG wouldn't be the same without him. :smile:
This thread should have been a Private Message to Alex rather than a public complaint if you felt that strongly about it. No one needs to be blind-sided and dressed down publicly.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chicago Sam,

YOu have expressed my sentiments exactly, As per your last statement, where were you over the weekend? The board could have used your help....

chicagosam said:
I like Alex. I like his posts. I'm impressed with his vast knowledge, his intelligence, and his computer like brain. I like his humor even when it is acerbic! And he ranks on me every chance he gets, and I still like him. LPSG wouldn't be the same without him. :smile:
This thread should have been a Private Message to Alex rather than a public complaint if you felt that strongly about it. No one needs to be blind-sided and dressed down publicly.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The-Bigger-the-Better said:
...whenever ANY topic is posted you could always count on a few guys to take this way too serious or personal and make rude or sarcastic comments...I wonder. Very gay catty like behaviour...hmmm.
Alex8 I know if you ever had to resort to such comments it was only because you were provoked. :argue:
As for the rest of you lot you have been warned that only straight catty behaviour is acceptable at lpsg. According to Dubya any other kind of catlike behaviour is just wrong and as you know he's almost always right. :nono:

BTW I think Alex8 is tremendous, just tremendous. Phrasing it differently, and putting it another way, he's just tremendous.:biggrin1:

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
alex8 said:
And I'd happily go straight for you, oh sexalicious prince of the sliding gender... not that it would necessarily help, but at least it'd show willing on my part. :rolleyes:

:hitit:
I'm a boy for now, so you wouldn't even have to go against your natural inclinations! Sweet, huh?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
chicagosam said:
I swear I said almost exactly that on page 1. :tongue:

*Convinced that no one reads his threads unless they're talking about, or showing, his ass. Thus line, 1 of his signature.* :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
alex8 said:
Would you like to cite some specific examples that I can refer to seeing as you've chosen to malign me in the title?

Yours cattily and very gayly,
Alex. :smile:

I don't post very often, but I have to say, Alex, you are one of a number of people on this site I have a great respect for. Your positions on topics and ideas in general are well thought out and I enjoy reading them.