All charges dropped in the Duke Lacrosse matter

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just so we're clear - the "nappy headed ho" comments were made by Don Imus and had nothing to do with the case being discussed in this thread.

And I agree with the calls for proper justice done to the investigating DA and his staff, the university, etc. but a part of me also wonders about this case. Where there's smoke, there's often fire and this stripper may have given many different 'stories' about her assault which does negate her testimony. OR, someone somewhere paid someone off, and now 'voila' the boys are "clear." It happens.

So you think it's okay to make these types of racist and sexist remarks?

Lot's of things went wrong with this case--on all sides.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
So should the extortionist be punished?

The question is premature....

By "extortionist", if you are referring to the Black woman who made the allegations, that is the prerogative of the Duke lacrosse team to pursue charges. At this time, I haven't heard of their intentions to press a civil suit for slander/wrongful litigation etc against the woman although they are heavily considering it for the DA....

Regardless of race, there should have been an overriding commitment towards finding the truth. Did the girl make a false allegation or was she silently complicit to the case that the DA was concocting ? Did the DA exploit the allegation for his own personal gain in a re-appointment campaign? Answer these questions in a court of law and then talk about punishment.... For now, the question is premature!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I know. transformer99 was trying to be funny and failed miserably.

I'm sure someone on the planet may have found it funny, perhaps even ironic. Maybe if I were Chris Rock, someone would pay me $ 50 for a ticket to hear me say it ? Even wouldn't be surprised if he combined it as new material in his routine. Now, if I were Kramer, that ticket's no good.

I don't think it was either racist, or sexist, but truthfully accurate. We basically had a prostitute and those that hired her to perform involved in this. I don't think the prosecution did anything wrong in the manner in which they pursued it, things happen and college kids will be college kids when alcohol is involved. Imagine the furor that would be brought up had they not been exhaustive in their pursuit ? Especially after/during the Imus incident. These aren't the only racially charged issues that remain unresolved, you still have OJ, then there's the girl from Alabama that disappeared and even the police that shot up the bachelor party in NY City.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Where's the public outrage in this oh so oppressive society?

I would have thought the bitch would have been lynched by now.

Why not tackle the over-zealous prosecutor who withheld exculpatory evidence for the better part of a year? Was the "bitch" (Shelby's label) responsible for the White DA's attempt at career advancement that lasted for nearly a year?

It seems like Shelby has a major problem with Blacks and women who complain and exercise their civil rights to seek justice.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where's the public outrage in this oh so oppressive society?

I would have thought the bitch would have been lynched by now.

From this perspective, she has to live her own form of hell on this planet, she's a stripper/whore as her chosen calling in life. She's a piece of broken glass or a rusty nail on the beach of life, just be wary, don't walk barefooted around her and don't cut your foot/toe on her.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It hurts me to my heart to see how easily situations like this and the Don Imus bring out our very thinly veiled senses of racial consciousness. When I heard that this young woman lied I myself wanted to take her out and stomp her into a greasy spot! It made me think of the countless numbers of anonymous black men who for generations throughout the South were lynched on the mere suggestion of looking at a white woman . Sex and race are a very volatile combination and often bring out not the best of behaviors. Need I list the recent list of very public trials where this ran true and sentiments often came down automatically along racial lines? I feel very bad for those young men. It was unexcusable. It IS unexcusable for anyone to accuse someone else of rape falsely. I am not going to say why them and not someone else. I am not going to say because someone else got away with this then they need to pay. I dont know what they are going to do with this young woman. I do hope and pray it will not permanently damage the reputations of these young men. IT does however I hope send a message to all of us that we are responsible for our actions . I do not know what happened at that party . I do know if it hadnt taken place no one would have been in that courtroom.

D

deleted13797

It seems like Shelby has a major problem with Blacks and women who complain and exercise their civil rights to seek justice.

Or just lie. I'm disgusted at anyone on here who's not disgusted at that lying whore.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

It seems that you haven't the slightest idea what Shelby's talking about. Don't be so literal. Maybe he doesn't think that civil rights are just for "blacks and women". White people have them too, despite their imaginary crimes.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just glad I'm not involved on a personal level with anything that has gone on lately. All this crap has me upset because I care, have to deal with it's repercussions on a day to day basis. It effects all of us in the end, I hope this is my last post on racism or anymore of this nonsense. Hopefully I won't have to hear about it from anyone in the real world or circle of people I deal with just the same. "All in all, just another brick in the wall." Nothing I can do anything about, simply strive to avoid perpetuating, as in the false appearance and accusations of perpetuating. Like a solicitor, I'll run like hell away from a conversation if I hear anything more on it.

If possible, request that the mods make these threads disappear ! They don't do anyone any good, nobody here was a party to any of it. Like a car wreck, we all need to mind our own business. It's only opened and reopened wounds we all have endured thru our lives that have never healed.

D

deleted13797

Are you also equally digusted by your judgmental, sexist attitude?

Because it disgusts me. Tremendously.

You must be confusing me with someone else, I don't have a sexist attitude.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
No one can deny that a false accusation is unbearable to live through. However, the DA is the one who built the case, and he is the one who extended the pre-trial prosecution over the course of a year. The DA withheld exculpatory evidence for several months. If anyone is going to express outrage, take it up with the DA. It's a little too easy and too convenient to look at the accuser.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't gonna get involved in this thread but whatever here goes. These three kids are all very well off. They always will be. Word in the community is that they didn't treat people with much respect, were cocky and arrogant. I know one of them. People who know him say quietly, "well, he got what was coming to him". You can't keep treating people with disrepect and get away with it. He treated this woman like she was a lesser human. Because she wasn't white? Because she took her clothes off for money? You don't call people the names they called her. So she brought it back at him (them) the most disrespectful way a woman can, false accusations of rape. What goes around comes around.

I'm sorry, but isn't it the truth that for years and years black men were fucking hung by trees for all the community to see when a white woman would cry wolf? So fucking be it a couple of disprecting white boys get their names tarnished. They all have well off families. They all got money. They all still have their lives. They all still have tons and tons of support from people. This is one case where the roles were finally reversed and white people are outraged. Now they know at least a tiiiiiny bit of what it feels like. What goes around comes around. Calling the accuser a whore is pretty fucking ignorant in my opinion. Its what spawned this whole issue in the first place.

Blame the DA.

Also, I was interviewed on MSNBC regarding this incident, I posted the video in my gallery for a while then took it down, ask novice btm ;)