All charges dropped in the Duke Lacrosse matter

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't have a problem with the woman's race. I don't have a problem with her chosen line of work. I do have a problem with arrogant rich kids, but that's not at issue here.

The thing that concerns me is that condoning false accusations of rape is no different from condoning rape. The accuser needs to be held accountable for her accusations. She should do some jail time.

The DA needs to be held to a higher degree of accountablility. He should be publicly humiliated, permanently disbarred, and do double the jail time.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't have a problem with the woman's race. I don't have a problem with her chosen line of work. I do have a problem with arrogant rich kids, but that's not at issue here.

The thing that concerns me is that condoning false accusations of rape is no different from condoning rape. The accuser needs to be held accountable for her accusations. She should do some jail time.

The DA needs to be held to a higher degree of accountablility. He should be publicly humiliated, permanently disbarred, and do double the jail time.

I agree 100% with everything you have said here.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hear what Mason is saying here and I saw his very articulate MSNBC interview. Arrogance, wealth, nastiness, anti-social behavior notwithstanding, if the serious charges against them were unwarranted, the DA should be held responsible. One of the punks was charged in DC for some anti-gay crap.

But the criminal justice system cannot be used to re-calibrate karma. These kids, as obnoxious as they might be, will probably end up big winners here.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Defamation of character of any person is morally and ethically wrong. The young lady created a horrific crime in alledging these three raped her. Regardless of their economic backgrounds or their arrogance and past behaviors (which consequently they are not on trial for), it is ethically wrong to present them in that situation.

I don't like the idea of people turning this into a racail debate. I, too, am a minority and have endured prejudices and social injustices personally and within my family. Hell, we American Indians were first plagued ever since non-Natives stepped foot onto our soil - but I won't go there. What I am saying is that the behavior displayed by this young lady has been the spike that has been driven into the lives of many a man in the past (through lynching, etc.) is obviously and painfully still prevalent today. Until we unrationalize and stop dialogue about preceived rights (especially those in relationship to social justice because of past wrongs), then we will continuously usher this type of behavior thus prompting it to become more the norm than the alternative.

My concern, as well, is that when she cried wolf, she slapped those women who've encountered and endured this physical, emotional and mental trauma. Moreover, specifically for those women whose attackers where never caught, she causes them to relive their grief. My wife is such a victim and this devastates her. By making false accusations, it just dampens the real life experiences some women have had. In the words of my wife, rape is death. There is something stripped from you that you cannot reclaim. This young lady unmericifully has raped her and many others again by the false claim.

Just my .02 ......

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Defamation of character of any person is morally and ethically wrong. The young lady created a horrific crime in alledging these three raped her. Regardless of their economic backgrounds or their arrogance and past behaviors (which consequently they are not on trial for), it is ethically wrong to present them in that situation.

I don't like the idea of people turning this into a racail debate. I, too, am a minority and have endured prejudices and social injustices personally and within my family. Hell, we American Indians were first plagued ever since non-Natives stepped foot onto our soil - but I won't go there. What I am saying is that the behavior displayed by this young lady has been the spike that has been driven into the lives of many a man in the past (through lynching, etc.) is obviously and painfully still prevalent today. Until we unrationalize and stop dialogue about preceived rights (especially those in relationship to social justice because of past wrongs), then we will continuously usher this type of behavior thus prompting it to become more the norm than the alternative.

My concern, as well, is that when she cried wolf, she slapped those women who've encountered and endured this physical, emotional and mental trauma. Moreover, specifically for those women whose attackers where never caught, she causes them to relive their grief. My wife is such a victim and this devastates her. By making false accusations, it just dampens the real life experiences some women have had. In the words of my wife, rape is death. There is something stripped from you that you cannot reclaim. This young lady unmericifully has raped her and many others again by the false claim.

Just my .02 ......

Thank you, Brett.

Give Miss L a big hug from her sistah!

D

deleted13797

Its ignorant because its exactly what got those kids in trouble in the first place. Does calling her a whore make you feel like more of a man?

Ignorance isn't believing something that gets you in trouble, it's believing something that's not true. To your second sentence: wtf?

D

deleted13797

I'd just like to add that if it was a white girl who claimed that a bunch of blacks raped her, I'm certain that lex and others on here would be just as supportive of the lying whore.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd just like to add that if it was a white girl who claimed that a bunch of blacks raped her, I'm certain that lex and others on here would be just as supportive of the lying whore.

Who exactly are "Lex and the others?" I will tell you this, I would be a heap sight less likely to believe her due to the overwhelming history of blacks and hispanics being falsely accused of crimes which they did not commit. I for one do not condone false accusations, but there is often a lot more than meets the eye going on in most of these situations. I am sure you noticed that when the Kobe Bryant incident occured that assumption of guilt too instantly fell along racial lines. I found that automatically most whites that I know defended the young woman.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Who said I was supportive of her? She is a liar. I do not know if she is a whore. What you are feeling is me challenging your sexist, pig-headed attitude towards women. Nothing more.

Liar or not, calling her (or ANY woman) a whore is uncalled for.

Also--do not ever put fucking words in my mouth. I am quite capable of speaking for myself.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I agree, both the accuser and the DA need to be held accountable for their actions, and should do time. Regardless of "who they were" these boys did not deserve what they got in this. Our legal system should only be there to enforce law, not punish people for being assholes.

Skull Mason brought up a very good point, that false accusations of blacks have been going on rampantly in this country, and whenever a black person (especially a man) is accused of anything, there's an immediate perception that he's guilty. I think this reverse example demonstrates exactly why it's wrong- lives are damaged, and the women who actually do get raped and are forced to deal with the aftermath are viewed with suspicion and mistrust when so many of the accusations are just for spite.

As for our legal system, I really don't know what to say. There's been so much grandstanding through the courts, and so many decisions based on personal opinions or opportunities for personal advancement it's disgusting.
While I do realise that this has always been an element of a flawed-but-still-better-than-most system, it really does seem to be getting worse.

As for calling her a whore, well who knows? It's hard to believe someone who lies about one thing when asked about something else. This is a touchy point for strippers, because some are and some aren't. The ones who aren't get highly offended by being called a whore, because they are often especially proud of the fact that they are not. The problem is that there is a far higher number of "those who do" among that profession, and (in my opinion) that's part of the yolk you take on when you engage in that particular form of employment. Almost every night I'm in the clubs, I hear some girl either crying or bitching because some customer offered her money for sex, and then called her a bitch or whore when she said "I don't do that", but for the guy it's just a numbers game. Any guy who's gone to more than a few strip clubs knows you only have to ask a few before you find one who will. It's really nothing personal.

To extend it further, I don't have any problem with prostitution, if it's being done by choice. I'm too big to go hiding under beds and I just don't give a shit what other people do in theirs. "Whore" is an outmoded word more frequently used to insult women as a whole than to describe the actual profession. There is NO male equivalent, and males who persist in perpetuating this degradation are easily dismissable as neanderthals.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry, but isn't it the truth that for years and years black men were fucking hung by trees for all the community to see when a white woman would cry wolf? So fucking be it a couple of disprecting white boys get their names tarnished. They all have well off families. They all got money. They all still have their lives. They all still have tons and tons of support from people. This is one case where the roles were finally reversed and white people are outraged. Now they know at least a tiiiiiny bit of what it feels like. What goes around comes around. Calling the accuser a whore is pretty fucking ignorant in my opinion. Its what spawned this whole issue in the first place.

This paragraph is the single most disgusting thing I've read here at LPSG, ever. (There may be something worse, but I don't read everything.) This, ladies and gentlemen, is the face of modern racism, dressed up in Politically Correct clothes. Whitey now gets to suffer and it's just payback for something that happened to somebody else. It's entirely proper that whitey suffer, 'cause he's white. And probably rich, 'cause all white people are; we know that 'cause they're white. Definitely they should suffer.

Bullshit. Bullshit. A disgrace to the human race.

One of the cornerstones of American law, and an ideal of American civil society, is that the guilty party has to be guilty. It's not enough that he resemble, in some way, somebody else who was guilty of something else. When that "some way" is the person's race, then you're talking racism. Racism isn't some dumb joke about nappy-headed hos - that's less than trivial, if it's racism at all. Racism, as expressed in this vile thread, is the automatic assumption that a member of some particular race must be guilty of some terrible crime, and should be punished for it.

So. A little thought experiment:
Because years ago I caught a black guy trying to steal one of my tape decks, I can conclude that any other black guy I see is plotting to steal my tape deck. I mean, it just stands to reason. Sure, it was a long time ago, but, if he's still alive, he's still black, and therefore still out to steal tape decks. Because of course nobody can ever change or improve; not black guys, anyway. And if some other black guy somewhere is accused, rightly or wrongly, of stealing some other white guy's tape deck, well, I can hope he does time and gets his sorry ass murdered in prison, because he probably had it coming. Because he's black, and, you know, black guys steal tape decks. He probably has a long rap sheet because he's black, and must have stolen shitloads of tape decks before now. And if not him, some other black buy. 'Cause, you know, he's black. And if he's too chicken-shit to run the risk of getting caught in the act by some white guy and getting his sorry ass shot off, well, he's still as good as guilty, because he still wants to steal tape decks. We know that for a fact, because he's black. And so he deserves whatever he gets, whether he really deserves it or not.

This is obviously blatant racism. Now read it again, substituting "white" for "black", and substituting any crime, or any behavior of which you don't approve, for "stealing a tape deck", and you have a pile of rotting shit functionally the same as Skull Mason's paragraph. It's still blatant racism. And I call BS, big time. And to you, dear reader - if you read his post, and nodded your head in agreement, go look in a mirror. Now next time you see a racist, you'll recognize him.

Aw, shit. I'm sorry, I've run out of vocabulary. My command of English isn't sufficient to even begin to express my revulsion and disgust of anyone with such repellant thoughts rattling around inside his head.

D

deleted13797

Well said Big Dirigible, lots of closet racists here.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This paragraph is the single most disgusting thing I've read here at LPSG, ever. (There may be something worse, but I don't read everything.) This, ladies and gentlemen, is the face of modern racism, dressed up in Politically Correct clothes. Whitey now gets to suffer and it's just payback for something that happened to somebody else. It's entirely proper that whitey suffer, 'cause he's white. And probably rich, 'cause all white people are; we know that 'cause they're white. Definitely they should suffer.

One of the cornerstones of American law, and an ideal of American civil society, is that the guilty party has to be guilty. It's not enough that he resemble, in some way, somebody else who was guilty of something else. When that "some way" is the person's race, then you're talking racism. Racism isn't some dumb joke about nappy-headed hos - that's less than trivial, if it's racism at all. Racism, as expressed in this vile thread, is the automatic assumption that a member of some particular race must be guilty of some terrible crime, and should be punished for it.

This is obviously blatant racism. Now read it again, substituting "white" for "black", and substituting any crime, or any behavior of which you don't approve, for "stealing a tape deck", and you have a pile of rotting shit functionally the same as Skull Mason's paragraph. It's still blatant racism. And I call BS, big time. And to you, dear reader - if you read his post, and nodded your head in agreement, go look in a mirror. Now next time you see a racist, you'll recognize him.

Aw, shit. I'm sorry, I've run out of vocabulary. My command of English isn't sufficient to even begin to express my revulsion and disgust of anyone with such repellant thoughts rattling around inside his head.

I agree that two wrongs do not make a right. There is absolutely no logic to take historical wrongs to a group as any basis for wrongfully accusing or prosecuting any individuals. Period. There is not a shred of justice in that kind of thinking.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Now that the chrages have been rightly dropped, the school should do the right thing and kick the kids (who still go there ) out of school for hiring a stripper.

It's time for Universities to step up to the plate and start taking a more repsponsible role in preparing people for responsible adulthood.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Skull Mason said:
I'm sorry, but isn't it the truth that for years and years black men were fucking hung by trees for all the community to see when a white woman would cry wolf? So fucking be it a couple of disprecting white boys get their names tarnished. They all have well off families. They all got money. They all still have their lives. They all still have tons and tons of support from people. This is one case where the roles were finally reversed and white people are outraged. Now they know at least a tiiiiiny bit of what it feels like. What goes around comes around. Calling the accuser a whore is pretty fucking ignorant in my opinion. Its what spawned this whole issue in the first place.

I'm sorry, but I really can't see this as "the most offensive thing on the site" by a longshot. We rather commonly address race issues where we "calmly and rationally" discuss whether blacks should have equal rights, or if they're just whining about injustice. How the FUCK do you think that makes a black person feel? While I don't subscribe to Mason's "so the fuck what" comment, I DO very much see that a couple of white guys got falsely accused, and the world's in a uproar. This happens to blacks, STILL, REGULARLY, and no one raises an eyebrow!

Most sickening post on the site, eh? I gets it hit a little too close to home.

Again, they weren't beat up, they didn't get hanged, they have been very publicly vindicated. Yes, this has been extremely traumatic for them and their families, and it was absolutely WRONG, a complete injustice. But it pales in comparison to what blacks have been enduring and endure still to this day. One example compared to literally thousands.

Oh, and does it ever slip out that a black man standing trial has other convictions? *wink, wink* sure it does. So one of these white boys from "good families" has a rap sheet and is a notorious asshole. Well, that still doesn't make him a rapist, but I admit I feel a little less sympathy for him having to go through this ordeal, since he was at least vindicated.

The lesson we should be taking away from this is that false accusations ARE wrong, and should be punishable by stiff prison terms. If that were the case, there would be a lot of white people in jail for accusing their black neighbors as well.

I really hope you're joking. Are you sincerely suggesting that black people are not still regularly convicted of crimes with less-than-substantial evidence, because of the assumption of guilt? If you are, and if you are seriously unaware that this persists today, then you must be living in Antartica.

The story here is that it happened to white males, from a black woman. That's the whole story. Women falsely accuse men of rape all the time, and ruin their lives as a result. It's every bit as much a travesty of justice EACH and every time it happens. Rarely do men get these kinds of blanket acquittals either, which has made life for these boys much more potentially whole. What made this case special is that it was a black woman accusing white men. By the way, we'll never know what actually transpired that night. A judge who wasn't there gave a finding of innocence, but only the people there will ever know for sure, and the girl's loony. Does that mean nothing at all happened? No, not necessarily, just nothing that can be proven. Like most rapes.:rolleyes:

The example posted WAS blatant racism, and it was easy to find, because blatant racism against blacks is still so prevalent. We might be splitting hairs here, I'm agreeing with you that it's wrong, and I'm also saying that having an example where your own race is the one seen as suspect should
give you an idea of how shitty it is for blacks to have to put up with shit like this STILL. What you are feeling is about one tenth of one percent of what most people of colour (I include myself here, because of other people's perceptions, which drive their behavior towards me) have to just accept as "the way it is" on a regular basis. I personally have no group on either side to run to for comfort, so I feel it a lot.

What I'm saying is, if you don't like these assumptions being made about persons of YOUR race, stop making them about others. Yes, a white person knows better than anybody else when a slam's being made against their race. So does a black person, and it happens a whole shit-ton more, and is still institutionally acceptable. Something to chew on.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This paragraph is the single most disgusting thing I've read here at LPSG, ever.

*applause*

Thank you thank you. Well first off I'd like to thank God, without him obviously none of this would be possible. I'd like to thank my mom and dad for raising me the right way of course, and teaching me that people have no color. It always amazed me that all parents couldn't raise their children in a similar manner. I'd also like to thank dirigble without him this award would not be possible. Hmmm, what else, oh yeah I'd like to thank all the ignorant people here, without them my posts wouldn't be so disgusting, racist and hateful.

dirgible, I have a serious question. I would appreciate an honest answer.

Are you racist?