Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Very good writing. You should consider using the objective ME rather than the nominative I where appropriate. If the person is the subject, use I. If he is the object, use ME.

Meant to say earlier thank you for this comment. I've been sloppy with that and appreciate the head's up.

Reactions: Krobbie1954

MH07

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Really great! And yes, lots of cliffhangers. Can't wait to see how this all works out.

Gr8F8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fabulous writing! Like the others I'm condemned to wait eagerly until you post the next installment.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I couldn't ask for a better morning before getting ready for work. A luscious cup of French Roast coffee and a brilliant new chapter from David XL. If it were a 400 page novel, I would have to call in sick to work and read the novel cover to cover, not even stopping to eat!

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
DavidXL, While I don't usually browse this particular forum of the site, I did get rather wrapped up in your story several days ago and just was able to get caught up to the end (so far) tonight.
While this may be a post for a private message, I think maybe others who are following your story might be able to contribute as well.
I became interested on several levels and areas of curiosity. You stated you had done a lot of research to make it realistic, so in a moment i have a couple of questions for you. These are true questions not criticism of any lack of research or anything like that.
I was in college in the late 90's and still work on campus now. At the time I was in high school i did not realize that the concept of wearing a jockstrap, changing in a locker room and showering naked with your teammates and classmates had become such a rare thing. Upon getting to college I soon realized there was a huge difference in that mentality between the athletic locker room (I wrestled) and the bathrooms and showers back in the dorm. That difference is still very much present even today, to the point that some of our wrestlers have gone as far as almost moving into the locker room for everything except sleeping, where they can feel comfortable being comfortable themselves.

You're characters seem to go back to their dorm to shower after vigorous workouts such as running miles or playing racquetball, do you believe that to be the norm then?
Also there is no mention of any of the guys ever totally changing, as in possibly putting on a jockstrap, to prepare for those intense workouts. Do you think that was not yet the norm in the 50's? I have no idea myself, just always assumed that the 50's was the start of the heyday for jockstraps, from then up to and thru the 80's in most places and even the 90's in my high school neck of the woods and especially among the sport of wrestling. Actually jockstraps were still quite common for wrestling up until 2010.
I would presume that guys of the mindset of your characters would have noticed something like that if you had found any evidence that they were worn back then?

The difference between the modesty of my teammates and my dorm mates was both intriguing as well as alarming to me back then. The trek of understanding my dorm mates and their extreme modesty and they understanding me and my lack of it is something that crossed my mind to write a story about. While i doubt i could come close to rivaling your story, the way you have gone about it has given me some thoughts to try.

Thanks for all your hard work put into this.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
DavidXL, While I don't usually browse this particular forum of the site, I did get rather wrapped up in your story several days ago and just was able to get caught up to the end (so far) tonight.

Hi, Coach - thanks so much for reading and slogging through to the end. I really appreciate it along with your post here. My further thoughts below.

While this may be a post for a private message, I think maybe others who are following your story might be able to contribute as well.
I became interested on several levels and areas of curiosity. You stated you had done a lot of research to make it realistic, so in a moment i have a couple of questions for you. These are true questions not criticism of any lack of research or anything like that.
I was in college in the late 90's and still work on campus now. At the time I was in high school i did not realize that the concept of wearing a jockstrap, changing in a locker room and showering naked with your teammates and classmates had become such a rare thing. Upon getting to college I soon realized there was a huge difference in that mentality between the athletic locker room (I wrestled) and the bathrooms and showers back in the dorm. That difference is still very much present even today, to the point that some of our wrestlers have gone as far as almost moving into the locker room for everything except sleeping, where they can feel comfortable being comfortable themselves.

You're characters seem to go back to their dorm to shower after vigorous workouts such as running miles or playing racquetball, do you believe that to be the norm then?
Also there is no mention of any of the guys ever totally changing, as in possibly putting on a jockstrap, to prepare for those intense workouts. Do you think that was not yet the norm in the 50's? I have no idea myself, just always assumed that the 50's was the start of the heyday for jockstraps, from then up to and thru the 80's in most places and even the 90's in my high school neck of the woods and especially among the sport of wrestling. Actually jockstraps were still quite common for wrestling up until 2010.
I would presume that guys of the mindset of your characters would have noticed something like that if you had found any evidence that they were worn back then?

The difference between the modesty of my teammates and my dorm mates was both intriguing as well as alarming to me back then. The trek of understanding my dorm mates and their extreme modesty and they understanding me and my lack of it is something that crossed my mind to write a story about. While i doubt i could come close to rivaling your story, the way you have gone about it has given me some thoughts to try.

Thanks for all your hard work put into this.

Hi, Coach - thanks very much for reading and sticking all the way through to the end. You bring up a great suggestion, and I should probably definitely work in at least a couple of mentions of jockstraps to the story. I hadn't thought of it, but I think you're right. When I went to college in the 80s, I don't really remember anyone I knew who wore one. My father, who was a varsity swimmer in college in the late '50s/early 60s (i.e., the time of this story), used to wear a jockstrap for swimming way past college (though I never did), usually when he wore a speedo. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure these guys very well might have worn jockstraps for running, basketball, and other sports. I will look into that.

In terms of modesty and showering after sports (whether in the showers at the college gym or in the dorms), I would not have expected that there would have been much modesty at all in the '50s. In the '80s when I went to college, we had gang showers in the dorm and in the fraternity I lived in later on. While this story is fiction, one of the things I remember from my own experience was the casual nudity and the camaraderie in the showers after sports, similar to what I've written about here (albeit without boners and the sex play). I don't remember any sense of modesty at all in my experiences then. I imagine that if anyone had towel danced, they would have been tackled and the towel ripped off of them!

Thanks again for the suggestion, and good luck with your own story.

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi, Coach - thanks very much for reading and sticking all the way through to the end. You bring up a great suggestion, and I should probably definitely work in at least a couple of mentions of jockstraps to the story. I hadn't thought of it, but I think you're right. When I went to college in the 80s, I don't really remember anyone I knew who wore one. My father, who was a varsity swimmer in college in the late '50s/early 60s (i.e., the time of this story), used to wear a jockstrap for swimming way past college (though I never did), usually when he wore a speedo. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure these guys very well might have worn jockstraps for running, basketball, and other sports. I will look into that.

In terms of modesty and showering after sports (whether in the showers at the college gym or in the dorms), I would not have expected that there would have been much modesty at all in the '50s. In the '80s when I went to college, we had gang showers in the dorm and in the fraternity I lived in later on. While this story is fiction, one of the things I remember from my own experience was the casual nudity and the camaraderie in the showers after sports, similar to what I've written about here (albeit without boners and the sex play). I don't remember any sense of modesty at all in my experiences then. I imagine that if anyone had towel danced, they would have been tackled and the towel ripped off of them!

Thanks again for the suggestion, and good luck with your own story.

I think the 80's and 90' were very regionalized fro jockstraps. I was talking to an older friend last night who went to the same college i did, just a decade earlier, and played football. Jockstraps were still very prevalent in the late 80's he said. He lived in the "jock" dorm or athletes dorm but it also had many non college athletes in it. In that dorm it was still common for a very relaxed nudity view and even the non athlete guys would put on a jockstrap--sometimes even borrowing it from the athletes-- for intramural sports or afternoon courtyard football games etc. From his remembrances from friends of the other dorm it might not has been as common. Jockstraps were rare in the dorm for me in the 90's but very common on the athletes, even in high school still in the 90's.
Multiple times in my high school career and i have seen it since many times, it was a fun thing after a long day at camp to strip to just our jockstraps to swim, keep in mind that this was just us guys from the team who had seen each other naked regularly anyway.

I agree with you that modesty would have been a joke amongst guys in the 50's, would have definitely got you on the bullied list for being such a prude. Our guys dorms have always had communal showers and still do, but more and more i see/hear of guys lining up to use them 1 at a time, thus the reason most our wrestlers move to the locker room for showering, shaving, etc. Even in my days there were a few who tried to time it to be alone in the showers, they would never get into the showers when someone else was in them, but the more we found out who it was the more we all tried to wait til they were good and soaped up and join them!! haha. The big thing i remember is the difference in attitude between locker room showers and dorm showers, I think your guys liked the dorm showers since they knew the same buds they enjoyed spending time hanging out in the showers with would be the only ones there and they could spend more time. Just a thought.

Once again, enjoyed. Seeing the attitudes towards dorms, showers, locker rooms, nudity, etc in my day and since make me have a lot of questions about what it was like in the decades preceding my time.

Reactions: DavidXL

prism

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
thanks again for another installment of your story. as always, great story, great detail :)

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just some input regarding the above.....having been at university
in he 50's.
Except for a few who always were modest or squemish about being
nude in front of others...and there will always be some who will be,
being seen nude by other men was just not problem. Modesty was
a girl or women thing. The YMCA and men's clubs required all to be
nude in the swimming pools. As far as seam rooms and saunas, I
cannot remember ever seeing a towel, except to sit on so your bum
would not get burned. In frat houses and dorms, showers or shaving
areas, nudity was excepted.

At my university there were open shower areas, some with multi-head
showers on a center stand, or individual heads on the walls. I can not
remember ever seeing single private shower stalls. It was the same when
I was in the Navy during the same decade..ashore or aboard a ship.

We sometimes took showers at the gym and other times in the dorm or frat
house, depending on class schedule...and if we ran back from the gym.
The gym was a far distance from class area, or dorms or housing. I you
took a shower first then you needed another, etc.

Re Jock straps....they were required and were worn for sport and even for
casual pick up games...and sometimes worn instead of underwear. I still
wear them sometimes...they feel sexy..lol By-the-way, jock straps came into
use in the last part of the 1900's. Although the design was a bit larger than
today's, you could sill recognize it as a jock strap.

Reactions: prism

I think the 80's and 90' were very regionalized fro jockstraps. I was talking to an older friend last night who went to the same college i did, just a decade earlier, and played football. Jockstraps were still very prevalent in the late 80's he said. He lived in the "jock" dorm or athletes dorm but it also had many non college athletes in it. In that dorm it was still common for a very relaxed nudity view and even the non athlete guys would put on a jockstrap--sometimes even borrowing it from the athletes-- for intramural sports or afternoon courtyard football games etc. From his remembrances from friends of the other dorm it might not has been as common. Jockstraps were rare in the dorm for me in the 90's but very common on the athletes, even in high school still in the 90's.
Multiple times in my high school career and i have seen it since many times, it was a fun thing after a long day at camp to strip to just our jockstraps to swim, keep in mind that this was just us guys from the team who had seen each other naked regularly anyway.

I agree with you that modesty would have been a joke amongst guys in the 50's, would have definitely got you on the bullied list for being such a prude. Our guys dorms have always had communal showers and still do, but more and more i see/hear of guys lining up to use them 1 at a time, thus the reason most our wrestlers move to the locker room for showering, shaving, etc. Even in my days there were a few who tried to time it to be alone in the showers, they would never get into the showers when someone else was in them, but the more we found out who it was the more we all tried to wait til they were good and soaped up and join them!! haha. The big thing i remember is the difference in attitude between locker room showers and dorm showers, I think your guys liked the dorm showers since they knew the same buds they enjoyed spending time hanging out in the showers with would be the only ones there and they could spend more time. Just a thought.

Once again, enjoyed. Seeing the attitudes towards dorms, showers, locker rooms, nudity, etc in my day and since make me have a lot of questions about what it was like in the decades preceding my time.
Some of our local public high schools had nude swimming for gym class in the 70's and 80's. Modesty is making people ashamed of their bodies.