All-Over Tans

TragicWhiteKnight: Frivolous question here, but has anyone here had any trouble, skintone wise, with his Sergeant Rock being a little bit paler than the rest of the Mediterannean body-palette?

Have you ever seen this problem before? Would you consider it a problem? Etc etc

7x6andchg: TWK-

Being 1/2 Italian and rather olive skinned I have noticed this problem. I was tanning on a regular basis before a trip to Mexico some years back and noticed that no matter how much I tanned, my equipment stayed relatively pale when compared to the rest of my body.

I think it might have something to do with the buildup of melanin over time in the regularly exposed parts of one's body? Just a thought. I didn't see it as a problem since I didn't end up going to any nude beaches whilst there.

7x6&C

AnonyMs: Even if you had gone to a nudist beach, the paler appendage might have been helpful in attracting fish. [I am thinking of the scene in "Finding Nemo" where the big ugly fish with the little light bulb appendage attracts Dory.... not that Paul is in any way to be considered a big ugly fish... I think I will quit now... :D]

7x6andchg: Or the little light bulb appendage either... :D

That said, TWK...why do you ask, if I may be so bold?

gigantikok: I am 1/4 Italian and I notice that it is actually darker than the rest of my body. Then again, I don't tan at all, and the British side of me shines through more than the Italian side of me.

Man. Now that i think of it, I need to get darker!

"Hi ho the merrio, It's off the tan we go!"

7x6andchg: This time of year who needs booths?

It's in January I just LOVE sitting in there for the full 20 minutes...it's like a little vacation to someplace...warmer.

7x6&C

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was at the nude beach a few weeks ago and I was going for the all over tan...I got a sunburn on my penis. Not a bad one, just enough to turn it red and to make the head a little extra sensitive. I will remember next time to put alot more sun block on it.

SweetDiane: My BF's is darker, even though he is not Italian. He doesn't have any Latin ancestry. But I like that.. maybe because all of my BFs were darker in "that spot".

THAT SPOT. Luv the way it sounds ;) :D

prepky: I am part native indian, and I tan all over, however, "that spot" has always tanned darker than the rest of me, except under the foreskin......and might I ask dianne, why were they all darker???

TragicWhiteKnight: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=clothing;num=1062617256;start=0#3 date=09/03/03 at 16:16:32]Or the little light bulb appendage either... :D

That said, TWK...why do you ask, if I may be so bold?[/quote]

Be as bold as you want; unfortunately I don't have a salacious, or even mildly interesting reason for asking the question. I was just looking some 'bulge accomodating' swimwear from the links on this site, got to thinking of tanning and boom, and originally question was formed.

But for the full story, you'll have to check the 'Making Of...' featurette on the LPSG DVD.

throb919: Let me guess: that "making of..." featurette won't be available 'til you hit the magic 200 mark and the missing avatar is found...?

(TWK--if you respond in separate posts, that'll get you 148 and 149...)

TragicWhiteKnight: Why, throb, I could never cheat the readership that way! It would be unconstitutional and involve lots of button-pushing.

Hmmm...maybe I should start a "Ask TragicWhiteKnight Trivial Questions Thread"; that'd be a bumper-upper.

And a "Suggest An Avatar" thread. Whereby I respond to everyone's post with a 'No'. Or a cheeky emoticon...

The possibilities for Top-25 gerrymandering are enormous...

throb919: [quote author=TragicWhiteKnight link=board=clothing;num=1062617256;start=0#11 date=09/04/03 at 12:41:21]...cheat...unconstitutional...?[/quote]
(Don't go there, Tony...remember what Monstro said...let it go...it's not about the you-know-what in 2000...and stop talking to yourself like this in TWK's space...)

...And a "Suggest An Avatar" thread.  Whereby I respond to everyone's post with a 'No'. Or a cheeky emoticon...
You can pass your rejects on to me, TWK. I realize I still have the "factory settings" and no blurb above or below. (Whatever those "blurbs" are called. I had to get DMW to explain "avatar" to me.) And I'm much too creative to be so plain-jane...

awellhungboi: Throb and Tragic,

This is where I got my icons/avatars

http://www.headtraumatreatment.com/icons.html

They have a lot of them, for free. They might have one that appeals to you--they're all on the funny/bizarre side. (Just don't use my default 'good 'n' plenty' one, please! :) )

gigantikok: Thanks Monstro! Although I enjoy my little robot man, I'll take a look at the site. I have quite a fascination for the funny/bizzare. Heh, now that I think about it, that's quite a general statement.

Kudos on the new avatar, too. It's pretty neato-rific.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Whenever I'm out in the sun, my dick's probably the last thing to get exposure. It's still darker, though. I think that's just a variance on pigmentation in the area; rarely does it blend in with the rest of your skin tone, I would guess.

Perhaps it's because the skin, while anatomically the same, is of a different "consistency" (Help me out, bio majors.) than what you'd find on your arm.

awellhungboi: Thanks, Gig! Always good to have an avatar backup.

And, as for the topic, I'm blonde and very pale. Too much time in the sun makes me literally feel ill. I don't really tan either. I did buy a bottle of Neutrogena bronzer this summer, so I could get that 'George Hamilton' type look. Consequently my area looks a darker hue than the rest of me--more a crimsonish purple, I guess, from the blood flow.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Im outside quite a bit and stay a golden brown pretty well all year. Blond with olive sorta skin from British ancestors which isnt too typical. A week of bare butt swiming turns dick a definite darker brown and body hair really bleaches. So yes there is a difference...darker and not the gold colour

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=clothing;num=1062617256;start=0#15 date=09/04/03 at 22:23:59]Whenever I'm out in the sun, my dick's probably the last thing to get exposure.  It's still darker, though.  I think that's just a variance on pigmentation in the area; rarely does it blend in with the rest of your skin tone, I would guess.

Perhaps it's because the skin, while anatomically the same, is of a different "consistency" (Help me out, bio majors.) than what you'd find on your arm.  [/quote]
It has more melanocytes (cells that produce melanin).

gigantikok: [quote author=Monstro link=board=clothing;num=1062617256;start=0#16 date=09/05/03 at 04:00:51]
And, as for the topic, I'm blonde and very pale. [/quote]
A bit off topic, but... I think you kinda look like David Spade, a lil. Of course I only saw shrunk down, condensed versions of your pictures, but I still think you look a bit like David Spade. :)