All these comedies making fun of male nudity, in particular penis and balls

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by WellHung83, Jul 9, 2009.

1. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you think that, given how body shy and sometimes down right shameful men are these days about their naked bodies and indeed their own cocks and balls, that comedies that make such extreme fun out of said nudity and male nudity in general only serves to make this worse or better than what is already out there in a bad way as to serve only that male nudity is still a no no and that guys should not be proud of their bodies and instread think of them as still funny and shameful ?

I am not sure how I feel about this as for the most part I like comedies such as the Hangover and I Love You, Man and so on but the way that these comedies make fun of and shame male nudity instead of champoining and making it more acceptable is kind fo defeating the purpose I feel.

2. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    IMHO these things play to, and perpetuate, the anxieties that U.S. men aleady have about their bodies and nudity. In European films, nudy is much less used in comic material.
    Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted