All Things Girth- a perspective

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I know this is the zillionth post on the subject, but why not? The best study I know of is the Lifestyles one which was not self-reported. Average is 4.8". 5.5" is about the 91st percentile. And for the first half inch increase in girth over average a penis gains 22% in volume. This percentage goes up after the first half inch. For each half inch increase in length a penis only gains 8%. This effect stays the same. Yay girth!

http://www.lpsg.org/members/aglets/albums/girth+stats/77968-girth.jpg

TDurden1979

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, according to your graph, I'm somewhere between the 93rd and 95th percentile.
I'm just over 5.75" mid-shaft. Good to know!
Thanks for sharing.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I'm about the same, maybe slightly thinner.

I have gained some girth (about .4-.5") over the last few years, and it has made a tremendous difference in how sex with my wife feels. I think she notices the difference as well.

As for where to measure girth, it would seem to me that functionally, maximum girth would make the most sense. The LifeStyle data was obtained by a condom manufacturer. From the point of view of condom fit, either maximal girth, or base girth (where the "ring" or "bead" of the condom seats) would seem to be most pertinent. But the Wikipedia entry for "Human Penis Size" states that the circumference data obtained by Ansell was based on an average of three measurements: just below the glans, mid-shaft, and base.

Last edited:

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Odd to find out my girth its on the big side, funny my girth 6-6.25 is biger than my lenght, wich is 5.75

Last edited:

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
I know this is the zillionth post on the subject, but why not? The best study I know of is the Lifestyles one which was not self-reported. Average is 4.8". 5.5" is about the 91st percentile. And for the first half inch increase in girth over average a penis gains 22% in volume. This percentage goes up after the first half inch. For each half inch increase in length a penis only gains 8%. This effect stays the same. Yay girth!

http://www.lpsg.org/members/aglets/albums/girth+stats/77968-girth.jpg

Sorry to say so. But half an inch in length could be anything between 5 and 50% in volume increase. Depends on the length given.

faceless

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the point to make here is that volume goes as the square of the girth, so in effect an increase in girth counts twice. We demonstrate this by considering the volume of a cylinder

V=pi.r^2.h

where r is the radius and h is the height (or length). We also see that the radius is directly proportional to the circumference (or girth)

C=2.pi.r or r=C/2.pi

Combining the two equations gives

V=C^2.h/4.pi

Assuming that the height is constant this gives

V=k.C^2

where k is som arbitrary constant. This shows that the volume increases with the square of the circumference, ie

V_1-V_0=k(C_1^2-C_0^2)

Although this analysis is for a cylinder, the same principal can be extended to the irregularly shaped penis. In reality volume is not directly proportional to the square of the girth, however this makes a good first order approximation.

In case you didn't notice already, I'm a maths geek.

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sorry to say so. But half an inch in length could be anything between 5 and 50% in volume increase. Depends on the length given.

Well, you're right unless you are relating it back to the original average penis size all the time. You keep adding 8% of that volume.

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, I'm about the same, maybe slightly thinner.

I have gained some girth (about .4-.5") over the last few years, and it has made a tremendous difference in how sex with my wife feels. I think she notices the difference as well.

As for where to measure girth, it would seem to me that functionally, maximum girth would make the most sense. The LifeStyle data was obtained by a condom manufacturer. From the point of view of condom fit, either maximal girth, or base girth (where the "ring" or "bead" of the condom seats) would seem to be most pertinent. But the Wikipedia entry for "Human Penis Size" states that the circumference data obtained by Ansell was based on an average of three measurements: just below the glans, mid-shaft, and base.

My balls get in the way of the base. I would think the base measurement can be all over the place. I think it ought to be the thickest cross section between the head and the balls, IMO.

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Yes, my wife feels girth changes immediately, but barely notices length. How did you 'grow' your girth? .4-.5" is alot- 22% of volume or more as I mentioned. When I use a cock ring mine goes up toward 5.6-5.7" and the feeling in my cock is far more intense.