All-White Basketball League All About Fundamentals

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

All-White Basketball League INTERVIEW: Bomani Jones Presses Commissioner

One step forward, two steps back. :mad: :frown1:

2. B_Mister Buildington

I propose a mutant league.

3. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

That's pretty pitiful.

4. Big Del

Gold Member

As a black guy I find this sad, very sad and if it were not so pitiful I would get really angry about shit like this

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Yup, same here.

6. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

Must have been too many "people of color" stepping on the shadows of white players during games.

7. Principessa

Gold Member

And the score at the half 0-0. Yeah, this is gonna be a real money maker. :no:

8. WSEATTLE

WSEATTLE Well-Known Member

Albums:
    be alot of passing though..and 3 pointers not many dunks..

9. D_Portelay Porquesword

Obviously something missing here, maybe a white only water fountain?

Raise up Rosa Parks, she gonna need to ride that bus again. This is just pitiful.

10. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    Me three. This epically fails on so many levels.

11. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

OMG! So you give into the sterotype? Black players "jazz up" the game to make it more exciting. So only black players can score? You are just as bad as Lewis.

Players play with the full intensity of the game. And players who use flash at the expense of the game get seated quickly, or should be, by the coaches.

This is sports. There is passion and emotion running through these athletes. There is a time to show off a little. And ANYONE who acts out of line gets dealt with and it has NOTHING to do with race.

Since when are manners a race issue? So only white player have manners? Has this guy ever seen a hockey game, where beating the shit out of each is part of the games culture?

12. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

So like a WNBA game?

13. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You watch Chelsea Lately too? :biggrin1:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!
    That "0-0" comment was originally a joke from a comedian on E! Entertainment. And since you want to claim there's some racism going on, the comedian who said this is white. Look it up on YouTube. My God!

Without some level of flash, nobody would watch the games. Without a gimmick, whether it be a team that has the superstar Forward that always scores the most points and does it with style, or the team that promotes diversity with a frontline that doesn't look like a Spike Lee Film, the majority of sports fans would not tune in at all. You know that, the fans know that, and everyone signing the paychecks for these players ALSO knows that.

It's obvious when a player is trying to get too flashy and that is dealt with. But come on. Using excuses like "street ball played by people of color" as a means to this catalyst? Especially when one of the people on the And1 Team is a white player? It's all bullshit.

Here's the player I was referring to, aka Randy Gill, winning the Who's Got Game tournament hosted by Magic Johnson, which lead to him being picked up by the And1 team.

It's also entertainment, which means people do expect something that goes beyond the average game that anyone could watch at a local YMCA.

Why don't you tell that to the person who wants to open an All-White League, who brought up petty issues about ball grabbing and hand gesturing as a reason why he started it?

Disclaimer - THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE. Phasers set to stun on anyone who even dares to try and twist this into something else.

Hockey... America's original "All White" League. But watch out... like Chris Rock said, as soon as they find a way to put heaters on the ice we're coming for ya!!

End Disclaimer. :rolleyes:

#14 B_VinylBoy, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  15. B_Mister Buildington

So I've got this joke I like to tell about the difference between niggers and black people. It's cool though- the guy who told it first was black himself.

Everything swings both ways. My above statement is flawed, just as yours is.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Bullshit. Now sit back and pay attention, sweetie. Here's a lesson about race you need to adhere to. :rolleyes:

Did you think I was going to be offended just because you listed the word 'nigger', thinking that the problem is the word itself and not the overall context of the statement? You're a bigger fool than the person who uses the "n" word if you think that.

Every person has their own tolerance level when it comes to speech, and will accept certain levels of slang depending on the personal relationship one develops with another. I have a number of people who use slurs with me and I don't even flinch. Not all of them are black either. They didn't do that at first, but as we got to know each other and become comfortable, we could strip away the formalities and be more casual with our speech to each other. You earn that right to use that kind of language with people. You don't abuse it by just blurting it out and expecting everyone to understand where you're coming from. Learn the differences. The war on words is bullshit. Words are nothing without context and intent. We're not going to eliminate racism if we just eliminate all of the bad words. The only thing you can do is pick words carefully... and if you're around people you don't know who may be offended, how hard would it be to think of a better way to express oneself? That's not being "politically correct", either. It's showing a basic level of consideration and respect.

So by all means... you want to tell me the difference between a nigger and a black person? Then by all means, tell your joke but you better make it good. Because I may not be offended, but someone else reading all this surely will be.

#16 B_VinylBoy, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  17. D_Inglethorp Rumpshow

Ain't nobody gonna pay $2,000 a seat to watch a pick-and-roll.

- Pee Wee Kirkland

18. B_Mister Buildington

Vinyl, I wasn't trying to offend you with the word nigger.

19. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    the wnba might be more entertaining to watch than this

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I know... which is why I said what I said. Figuring this out yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted