All Whites are racist, Men sexist, and Straights homophobes.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You will say that NJ had been warned, even banned, for her inability to hold her tongue, and I will say that the true Leopard can not hide her spots. So the lesson is, if you are a feisty individual and even if your cause is just, you will eventually fall foul of the standards currently imposed on this site.
No, I don't suppose the leopard can hide her spots. But seriously, how do you perceive her using racial epithets in any way "just". The thing you heard her shouting about most often was racism, using the slur actually damages her own cause. That she couldn't see that doesn't surprise me in the least. That you can't or won't does.

You haven't answered my earlier questions to you. I suspect it's because you can't.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe her thread was posted in that sentiment reiterating an original article. As to her intent and her use of the word it is provocative if taken as such and not at all if you regard the word as inoffensive.
As I pointed out in the other thread this is crap. Just because I didn't Jungle Bunny to be an insult at the time it was aimed at me it was no less an insult from the one using it.

The only way your theory makes it acceptable is if NJ asked each of the three ahead of time if they'd be offended by it and was told they didn't mind her using it on them. Without that permission hurling such a derogatory term can only be perceived as intended to insult. Do you believe she sought their permission first? I don't. Let's ask them, shall we?

Knowing Principessa it was'nt racism in purest terms, maybe not racist at all. It cannot be ascertained without her input and could have meant this or that however you believe personally.
Very true. Which makes speaking in absolutes on what she did or didn't intend as though one shares a mind with her rather foolhardy, doesn't it?

Out of interest look at the definitions and then look at the ones with most thumbs down. Urban Dictionary: cracker
#4 has the most thumbs down. It also has the third most thumbs up. #3 has the second most down & up. 3rd and 4th out of 193 definitions. With the exception of "an unsweetened bisquit" all on the first three pages that I read mention it being race based or outright racist. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you wanted me to take away from this exercise.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As I pointed out in the other thread this is crap. Just because I didn't Jungle Bunny to be an insult at the time it was aimed at me it was no less an insult from the one using it.

The only way your theory makes it acceptable is if NJ asked each of the three ahead of time if they'd be offended by it and was told they didn't mind her using it on them. Without that permission hurling such a derogatory term can only be perceived as intended to insult. Do you believe she sought their permission first? I don't. Let's ask them, shall we?

If any of the three WERE offended by the term, it was 'hardly'.
The term and the reasons i linked to the definitions was to show that the meaning of the word cracker is not so clear cut as what the 'N' word would be and even the term jungle bunny is far more derogatory.

Very true. Which makes speaking in absolutes on what she did or didn't intend as though one shares a mind with her rather foolhardy, doesn't it?

I agree, sadly SOME really think they can know her interpretation even when terms are not crystal.

#4 has the most thumbs down. It also has the third most thumbs up. #3 has the second most down & up. 3rd and 4th out of 193 definitions. With the exception of "an unsweetened bisquit" all on the first three pages that I read mention it being race based or outright racist. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you wanted me to take away from this exercise.

I apologise Gillette, this was for general interest, i was'nt trying to get you personally to take anything from it but what it shows is two very popular and contextually plausible uses of the term cracker without it being meant to be a racist epithet. Firstly, the cracking of the whip could have been referring to others trying to impose their own ideas about the purpose of the Shani thread. The digs of first responses to that thread were making an attack on NJ's reasons for posting. She was reiterating links and she was showing pride, why should'nt she? So why should anyone need to bring any racial motivations into the topic and steering the thread down a dark road? Secondly, bearing in mind that Lemon is a brit and the second poster had no location it is contextually plausible that she used the term cracker to mean 'non-american' or directly at Lemon as a european. Whilst i understand that people take the word cracker to mean different things it is not understood thoroughly how it was meant. Did you or Lemon or anyone else make a complaint about the 'racism' she exhibited?

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I apologise Gillette, this was for general interest, i was'nt trying to get you personally to take anything from it but what it shows is two very popular and contextually plausible uses of the term cracker without it being meant to be a racist epithet. Firstly, the cracking of the whip could have been referring to others trying to impose their own ideas about the purpose of the Shani thread. The digs of first responses to that thread were making an attack on NJ's reasons for posting. She was reiterating links and she was showing pride, why should'nt she? So why should anyone need to bring any racial motivations into the topic and steering the thread down a dark road? Secondly, bearing in mind that Lemon is a brit and the second poster had no location it is contextually plausible that she used the term cracker to mean 'non-american' or directly at Lemon as a european. Whilst i understand that people take the word cracker to mean different things it is not understood thoroughly how it was meant. Did you or Lemon or anyone else make a complaint about the 'racism' she exhibited?
I did not.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The individual who made the complaint revealed himself somewhat inadvertantly early on in the process.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The individual who made the complaint revealed himself somewhat inadvertantly early on in the process.

It was also revealed early on in the process that she was not banned for that incident alone. Gillette has made this point repeatedly. So there's no need for a witchhunt. Any member has a right to report whatever they like. What the mods do with that report is entirely up to them.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was also revealed early on in the process that she was not banned for that incident alone. Gillette has made this point repeatedly. So there's no need for a witchhunt. Any member has a right to report whatever they like. What the mods do with that report is entirely up to them.

WHo is making this a witch hunt? I was answering someone's question. I think we have all been over how and why Principessa was banned. I am also fully aware of the fact that anyone could report whatever they like. You dont have to inform me about the Mod board, Xcuse. I used to reside there. THanks.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You dont have to inform me about the Mod board, Xcuse. I used to reside there. THanks.

Yes, I know. And considering how much trouble I got in during your reign(of terror :biggrin1:) I would have thought you could spell my name by now.

Just saying. :tongue:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know Lemon, :smile:

He felt that a few comments flung at Lemon were 'disrespectful'. zip said about racism.

PMSL, you can be certain of that!

Thank you for sharing that, Mitchymo. I think somethings said by a few parties was disrespectful but then that is all moot at this point. At least in that situation.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I know. And considering how much trouble I got in during your reign(of terror :biggrin1:) I would have thought you could spell my name by now.

Just saying. :tongue:

I just caught that part about "reign of terror".Obviously you werent scared sufficiently! LOL!