Allen stanford must go to court and we pay for his defense lawyer!!

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
YAHOOFINANCE.ORG SAYS THAT STANFORD, HE OF THE 7 BILLION DOLLAR PONZI SCHEME IS NOW TOO BROKE TO AFFORD HIS OWN LAWYER. HE MUST NOW TAKE A PUBLIC DEFENDER. HE NOW HAS HEPATITIS B AND IS STILL RECOVERING FROM THE PHYSICAL BEATING HE TOOK IN JAIL IN 2009.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, ALLEN. THE LAW OF KARMA( OR THE ECHO) PREVAILS. I HAVE NO SORROW FOR THIS MISERABLE CARCINOMA CAPITALIST. HE EXEMPLIFIES WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE U.S. TODAY. HE IS THE GOP POSTER BOY FOR CANCER CAUSING CAPITALISM TO OUR DEMOCRACY AND THE 99%.
WE NEED MORE PROSECUTION OF WHITE COLLAR CRIME, NOT LESS.
THE TIME IS LONG PAST WHEN THE GOOD OL BOYS OF WALL STREET, MOST OF THEM WHITE, PROTESTANT AND MALE , GOT TAUGHT A LESSON ABOUT OUR CONSTITUTION AND WHY THEY ARE NOT GOOD AMERICANS.
GOD BLESS OBAMA AND THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT FOR PURSUING THIS CASE. :biggrin1:

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NOT YELLIN. JUST TELLIN. because apparently stanford had been overlooked by the mass media, including Fux news.
and sorry, enzia35, but virtually ALL of the good ole boys in the corporate world are white male protestants. and i am doing my best to make sure they dont run the entire world of finance anymore. that is not representative of America or what is good for America.
troubled by that? too damn bad. facts are sometimes troubling to those who cant face them.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NOT YELLIN. JUST TELLIN. because apparently stanford had been overlooked by the mass media, including Fux news.

And, I thank you for pointing out this news story. Seems as if it should be better publicized.

But yes, according to convention, a post made in all caps is interpreted as yelling. SO, YES, YOU WERE YELLING!

THE TIME IS LONG PAST WHEN THE GOOD OL BOYS OF WALL STREET, MOST OF THEM WHITE, PROTESTANT AND MALE , GOT TAUGHT A LESSON ABOUT OUR CONSTITUTION AND WHY THEY ARE NOT GOOD AMERICANS.

What does their color or their gender have to do with anything? Is it your assertion that there is some racial component involved?

that is not representative of America or what is good for America.
troubled by that? too damn bad. facts are sometimes troubling to those who cant face them.

So, your solution to dealing with someone you view as problematic, is to refuse him his *right* to an attorney, which is guaranteed to *all?* Bad form.

Based solely on what you've posted, I would be willing to say that it is you who does not represent America. I respect your obvious passion, but your approach is just wrong.

Due process is not something that is suspended when it is inconvenient.

Last edited:

B_BlkDahlian

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
YAHOOFINANCE.ORG SAYS THAT STANFORD, HE OF THE 7 BILLION DOLLAR PONZI SCHEME IS NOW TOO BROKE TO AFFORD HIS OWN LAWYER. HE MUST NOW TAKE A PUBLIC DEFENDER. HE NOW HAS HEPATITIS B AND IS STILL RECOVERING FROM THE PHYSICAL BEATING HE TOOK IN JAIL IN 2009.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, ALLEN. THE LAW OF KARMA( OR THE ECHO) PREVAILS. I HAVE NO SORROW FOR THIS MISERABLE CARCINOMA CAPITALIST. HE EXEMPLIFIES WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE U.S. TODAY. HE IS THE GOP POSTER BOY FOR CANCER CAUSING CAPITALISM TO OUR DEMOCRACY AND THE 99%.

Careful, some little snitch will whine. I agree with you about his karmic debt and who gets away with crimes that others do not. But anti capatalist rant, you may need to rethink. Capitalism is great if one is not consumed with greed.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I didn't read it because caps-lock makes my eyes hurt.

Chances are pretty good, judging by the responses, it was a load of arrant bullshit and I didn't miss a darn thing.

ColonialBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I did not say he did not deserve a defense lawyer. i did not say he is not entitled to a defense or his day in court. the fact remains , however, that most of the major media ignored this story and YES IT DOES DESERVES ALL CAPS. for you corporate capitalists who think that what Stanford did was OK, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, along with Romney, Gingrinch and the rest of the corporate capitalist theives in America.
read some books. get a clue. and yes, i am with the majority. 99% of us, in fact. what about you?????????????????????????????

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What does their color or their gender have to do with anything? Is it your assertion that there is some racial component involved?
Whatdo you mean by 'racial'? Does a gender difference come under 'racial? If you mean, is the poster accurately describing a particular group of humans which is identifiably distinct from other groups of humans, and noting that this particular group tends to end up running things, then sure, its a racist comment. Its also true. It also needs fixing and you do not fix it by pretending it isnt true.

So, your solution to dealing with someone you view as problematic, is to refuse him his *right* to an attorney, which is guaranteed to *all?* Bad form.
I agree

I would be willing to say that it is you who does not represent America.
! I hardly think so. You seriously reckon most americans are on the side of the guy who just defrauded the nation? Sure, right to a fair trial and all that, but if at the end of the day some clever lawyer got him freed.....why I think the entire country would think justice had not been done. This is a pretty clear case.

Due process is not something that is suspended when it is inconvenient.
Oh yes it is! Right now Christopher tappin just got extradited to the US for allegedly selling batteries to Iran. The US has forced through an extradition treaty which means they do not have to prove anything before extraditing people from the UK. this is not the first case. people just get picked up and dumped in jail in the US. They then have to pay through the nose to use the US system to prove their innocence. Years later they might get released after spending a fortune. The Us does not need to produce any proof of anything for all this to happen! It has been said the simplest thing for him to do would be to plea bargain guilty right now, and then he will get home quicker than fighting the case, with less time spent in prison than if he eventually is found innocent. The US absolutely does not care about justice.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
So what you're saying is he doesn't deserve his day in court with the right to a defense? Even though you attempted to backtrack on that in a later post.
"CANCER CAUSING CAPITALISM TO OUR DEMOCRACY AND THE 99%." Capitalism has no place in your democracy? That's interesting. And your assumption that the 99% are morally pure. Everyone has an agenda to reach the desired conclusion.
"THE TIME IS LONG PAST WHEN THE GOOD OL BOYS OF WALL STREET, MOST OF THEM WHITE, PROTESTANT AND MALE , GOT TAUGHT A LESSON ABOUT OUR CONSTITUTION AND WHY THEY ARE NOT GOOD AMERICANS." Wasn't there a young man in Germany in the 30's that spewed similar crap like this?

upone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So why have you got your Magic Underwear in a bunch? The guy was convicted and will get something between 10 and 40 years for stealing $7 billion. What we are waiting for is Jamie Diamon, Angelo Mozilo, or Henry Poulson.

Last edited: