Allergy Related Diet

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Found out a few weeks back that the Mrs. Is allergic. To what you ask? It would probably be quicker to answer what she isn't allergic too. How at her age did she not know she was allergic? Its complicated but lets put it this way, her mom was too lazy to get a test done. Her brother is deathly allergic to many things and she isn't too far off. Dog dander, corn,soy,wheat,peanuts. The whole shebangabang. Before all this happened we were in the process of changing out entire lifestyle of food. We are still in the process, because it is exceptionally hard to find things that are natural or organic in our area. And now with corn being on the no no list the amount of choices is very small. Its not something we are used too. At the same time we are following a guideline set forth by a Dr.Fuhrman. Its a nutritarian guidebook. Basically eating foods for their high nutrient value. So were trying to increase intake of greens, lower intake of fats like milk, cheese,oils. Not eliminate, but limit. And also keeping her away from the things that may kill her. I'm not sure if I have so much a question as I just wanted to talk about the issue. We don't have many folks here too talk to about it because they are all highly addicted to the American fatty food lifestyle. Meaning that they habitually eat fast food and items that are just nutritionally empty. What advice can you give or insight into this sort of situation? Is anyone else having to deal with this? What can I do to make the switch easier? I am living with me, my wife, my brother and his girlfriend who is my wifes cousin but more like a sister. Were very close knit so EVERYONE is doing it together but its so damned hard to get fresh organic ingredients on a day to day basis and feed 4 people. Plus with school, night college, and work and life its hectic as all hell trying to do that and fit in an exercise routine. I even ordered the kinect and the fitness program to make it a fun game and group activity for everyone. I think at this point I'm just venting and hoping things will "gel" in the coming weeks. Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice/thoughts on the issue.

*P.s. To give a little background this all started when I saw and read what my government does to its meat and how they habitually lie to the consumer about what goes into their food.*

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You may want to consult a doctor and if possible have some tests done. My doctor told me that our bodies chemical balance changes every 7 years and we may become allergic to things we could tolerate in the past and we may outgrow other allergies. It would be ashamed to avoid certain foods if you don't absolutely have to.
In terms of finding things that are natural or organic... do you have a small plot of soil available to grow some fresh vegetables?
I'm sure this is difficult but I would imagine that you could find some assistance with cooking suggestions and recipes on line or a local bookstore. I'm allergic to mangos (deathly allergic) cats and have seasonal allergies and that's enough of a pain for me. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the info nudeyorker. These changes are coming on the heels of actual testing. I'm sorry if I didnt make that clear in my OP. We are headed to the allergist this Friday for an even more extensive allergy test. And were gonna take it from there. And no I don't have a plot to plant on. If I did I would def grow some of my own produce. I got myself a lil ole green thumb. Just nowhere to plant. And as far as recipes I have a few, just looking to expand more. Mostly venting via keyboard. I have alot on my mind lately and I found that by putting it in text format I'm able to read my own thoughts and see if i sound like a moron to myself. Again thanks for the suggestions and I'll keep updates on this coming if there are any of import.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good luck getting this sorted. I have a lot of recipes so if you would like to send me a PM outlining your needs I will look through my files and see if there is anything that would work for you.