Allons Danser!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by EllieP, Oct 17, 2011.

1. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, this has been a whirlwind of a weekend! Just returned from South Louisiana and the Festival Acadian and Creole in Lafayette! It's become a yearly pilgrimage for hubby and me. He gets to visit with some fantastic musicians and I get to enjoy music and dancing. PLUS - I get to wear my cowboy boots with my dress, something I used to only be able to do in Texas without getting strange stares.

People thought it was funny that I came all the way from Florida when I speak so little French. It's primarily a Cajun French music thing, but there were a lot of Canadiens in attendance. The food was awesome and interesting (Gator on a stick???).

My feet hurt sooooo much though because I don't remember the last time I danced so much and with so many different partners who were at least 20 years older than me! Boy, they can dance!!!

Don't know how many on here are from Louisiana but you're lucky to have such a fantastic music scene every week over there!

Cap and I talked about moving there some time ago, and of course he brought it up again. Probably never going to happen, but you can be sure we'll be visiting often!

Give me a week to rest up and I'll be ready again! As they say down there Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!

2. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Glad you enjoyed it, we are very fortunate to have such a variety of good music down here!

Draft saved Draft deleted