Allow Parents To Excuse Students From Pe Showers?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would say that they should just shower nude with the rest.

Everybodys the same.

What they need to do, is supervise more what goes on.
If teasing takes place...then they need to intervene, and stop it on the spot.
Otherwise, the child might become timid, and not really bond with the rest of the boys.

In my opinion, being shy is a problem. IF its not treated early...it will become a much larger problem later in life.

I was one of those "Shy Boys", mainly because I was picked on.
Nobody did anything about it, but I had to go on.
I dropped my drawers, and hoped for the best.
I had to accept the situation, and wash up.

The other reason why they want people showering nude is because some guys DONT SHOWER, and they STINK.

We had one kid in our Gym class that stunk like hell, never showered at home, and we took care of that.
We bombarded him, stripped him totally Nude, and all squirted shampoo all over him, then gave him the rub down.
After that...He showered with the rest of us, Daily.

So, no matter what religion, what race, what color, People have to clean up.
The only way you can clean up is being NUDE.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
It's a bit unnerving all this discussion about whether or not teenage boys should shower and be naked together. I don't have a problem with it, I think it should be the individual choice because not everyone will be comfortable naked in front of their peers. Still, it worries me all this 'discussion' about it...

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Aug 27 2005, 02:47 PM
If students don't want to shower after gym they shouldn't be made too. It's embarassing, and basically unneccesary.
[post=338439]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with your first sentence. I don't however with the second part on either point.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
if kids are participating in phys ed then they gotta shower, period. it's basic fucking hygiene, and that's especially important during adolesence. as rikter8 points out, the reason we make kids shower is because given the choice, they won't - I think that's a problem more related to the nature of the education system itself, but that's a whole other discussion. if someone needs to be excused from showering for medical reasons (whatever those may be), then they also need to be excused from the class itself so that they don't NEED to shower.

Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Aug 27 2005, 12:47 PM
It's embarassing
deal with it. when you actually get out of school, you'll experience plenty way more embarrassing situations on a regular basis. a common theme in your posts seems to be the desire to hide from reality; as many people have pointed out, it's neither healthy nor constructive.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
If a student can be excused from showering because it's embarrassing then what's going to happen to oral reports in English Lit? :shrug:

Hung'n'horny

Just Browsing
Media
I think it should be a requirement.

I've gone to a Scottish school where showering is just not done after PE (but we'd go home and shower after school though). The showers were there just no one used them.

I think if it were forced then the males over here wouldnt be so conservative or sensitive to any kind of "male issues".

BlastOff123

Experimental Member
Media
Dr Rock is correct: you take PE, you take a shower. If you don't take a shower, NO PE. Period. End of discussion. Jeez, we are such a bunch of PC wimps in this country.

B_hung13.5X8

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Aug 27 2005, 03:04 PM
If a student can be excused from showering because it's embarrassing then what's going to happen to oral reports in English Lit? :shrug:
[post=338460]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know about the school you went to. But doing an oral report in english lit may be embarrassing, but you don't have to stand in front of the class nude taking a shower to give the report.

I think student's should have a choice to shower, we always did. Some people took advantage of the showers other didn't... But they still had enough common sense to know they stunk, and put on deodorant and cologne.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by longboarder@Aug 27 2005, 07:18 PM
I do think that group nude showers should be mandatory
[post=338498]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't give a shit if it's a group shower, cubicles, a friggin trained elephant or whatever - you exercise, you sweat, you wash. doing otherwise just makes you a smelly troglodyte like chimera.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
They should be given the choice to opt out if they prefer to. I don't personally agree with that, but in today's world of not making anyone do anything they don't 100% want to, "forcing" someone to take a shower probably wouldn't fly if some intrepid lawyers wanted to make an issue of it (sadly enough).

If it becomes such a big problem nationwide, then schools should reschedule as many PE classes to the end of the day as possible. They might have to combine different grades to make the scheduling work, but its either that or come up with extra $$$ to build private cubicles for students to use and we know that's not going to happen.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok you 2.

Go in the back, Hump like bunnies, then come back.

I dunno... The PE classes in the afternoon before heading home sounds good too.
Then you could say, ok, take your smelly butts home.

But there are lots of schools, lots of schedules, making this impossible.
Also, I think it's an important part of growing up, Finding one's Identity, and moving forward with life.

WHere would we be, if we lived our lives with our head stuck in the sand.

The problem lies with the Conservatives. If you shower nekkid with other guys, they believe in their own sick minds, that a boy may be Manipulated in a way that he may turn "Gay".

It's really sad.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And they call us perverts. They sure are a whole lot more interested in everyone elses's sexuality...................than we are theirs.

7x5.5: I think it should be encouraged but not required. Also, I agree with religious exceptions. When a person of religion comes to live in a country, they should adhere to said countries law - but outside of written laws, constitutions etc they need not compromise their religious beliefs, especially when it is not harming anybody. Showering after activity is not a federal law - therefore if one is against it for moral or religious reasons it is their choice to abstain.

If someone chooses not to shower a spray of deodorant is usually an adequate temporary solution until they get home for a proper wash.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Rikter8@Aug 28 2005, 06:07 AM
Ok you 2.

Also, I think it's an important part of growing up, Finding one's Identity, and moving forward with life.

The problem lies with the Conservatives. If you shower nekkid with other guys, they believe in their own sick minds, that a boy may be Manipulated in a way that he may turn "Gay".

It's really sad.
[post=338608]Quoted post[/post]​

Conservatives? I think it's completely the opposite. It's the liberals who are PC and say that everyones feeling/rights or whatever should be respected. I don't know a single conservative who would be even slightly against public showers. In the two countries I've lived in (South Africa and Italy), both countries have truelly PUBLIC showers wherever you go and no one I've seen has ever hesitated a second to use them.

What do the anti-public-shower group think of people in boarding houses or people who go away on 2-3 day camps who don't shower?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by helio415+Aug 28 2005, 10:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(helio415 &#064; Aug 28 2005, 10:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i think if you choose to take a pe class you should have to take a shower. but in my school distrect we are forced to take a pe class so should we still have to?
[post=338653]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

well, duh.

<!--QuoteBegin-7x5.5
@Aug 28 2005, 09:11 AM
Also, I agree with religious exceptions.
[post=338650]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
oh, fuck religion. magic fairies in the sky are not a valid excuse for anything - and that includes basic standards of personal hygiene.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don&#39;t believe in fairies in the sky, but that has nothing to do with religion. I believe in the freedom of religion, but where do we draw the line? A Muslim friend of mine, who has no compunctions about showering in a communal setting, pointed out that Ahmadi Muslims who join the military do, indeed, shower naked in the company of others. When an Ahmadi boy is circumcised, his &#39;private parts&#39; are definitely exposed, and none of them seem too upset about that. I can&#39;t think of a single Christian religion that forbids nudity in such a situation ... not saying that they don&#39;t exist, but none comes to mind. Judaism doesn&#39;t forbid it. Even Hindu women who practice purdah don&#39;t object to being naked in front of other women as long as no men are present. "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar&#39;s, and unto God what is God&#39;s."

Now about a valid medical reason: sure, but if a medical reason prevents someone from taking a shower, it probably prevents him/her from participating in P. E. in the first place. We have one student who broke his leg last week. He can&#39;t get his cast wet, so he doesn&#39;t shower, but he doesn&#39;t dress out and participate in P. E., so it&#39;s not an issue.

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is exclusivly an American issue.
Living in Holand, Denmark or Italy, this would
never be an issue. noless 5 pages&#33; :shrug:
Originally posted by robertomuro+Aug 28 2005, 06:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robertomuro &#064; Aug 28 2005, 06:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Rikter8@Aug 28 2005, 06:07 AM
Ok you 2.

Also, I think it&#39;s an important part of growing up, Finding one&#39;s Identity, and moving forward with life.

It&#39;s really sad.
[post=338608]Quoted post[/post]​

Conservatives? I think it&#39;s completely the opposite. It&#39;s the liberals who are PC and say that everyones feeling/rights or whatever should be respected. I don&#39;t know a single conservative who would be even slightly against public showers. In the two countries I&#39;ve lived in (South Africa and Italy), both countries have truelly PUBLIC showers wherever you go and no one I&#39;ve seen has ever hesitated a second to use them.

What do the anti-public-shower group think of people in boarding houses or people who go away on 2-3 day camps who don&#39;t shower?
[post=338677]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Anyjoe@Aug 28 2005, 10:52 PM
This is exclusivly an American issue.
Living in Holand, Denmark or Italy, this would
never be an issue. noless 5 pages&#33; :shrug:

Agreed&#33; Anyone here outside the USA have problems with compulsory public showers after PE?