Allow Parents To Excuse Students From Pe Showers?

pie

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wont try arguing with people, and accept their opinions, so if someone dosent want to shower it should not be unreasonable to extend the same courtesy. Also this is the LPSG, most of the people here are hung like horses, they have less to worry about in terms of mockery from others and the members of the proverbial SPSG. if someone's timid then let them do what they want, it seems so american to medel in affairs of others (sorry if this dosent appy to you).

Let people do what they want in terms of showers, if they really stink after a workout then spray them with deodorant untill they start showering more or pass out.

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you're gonna call someone on something don't facilitate a pure verbal war (which usually loses site of the original argument) by being hypocritical.
Interesting point, but I don't subscribe to the philosophy of just constantly turning the other cheek. People who do that around here just wind up with two slapped cheeks.

My philosophy is to stand up to the bullies and fight fire with fire. I will vigorously attack positions, but not people UNLESS they start it first. Then all bets are off in my eyes. Don't throw shit unless you can handle it being thrown right back at you, I say.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Aug 30 2005, 06:10 PM
I have, you just haven't bothered to read my responses.
oh, you got me there. still, I don't think anyone can really blame me.

So schools are NOT requiring students to walk around from class to class in order to further their education?
blah blah blah. everyone walks around every day; that's why we also have showers in our homes. that is hardly the same as intensive physical exercise.

Your arguments haven't had ANYTHING to do with so-called "practicality", they've been about HYGIENE
uh, that IS the practical issue, professor. what other reasons are there for taking showers?

If you recall, I didn't make the argument that it (showering) was embarassing.
if YOU recall, the post you quoted was my response to chimera, who did. maybe if you took a minute to calm down and extract that colossal bug from your ass, you wouldn't get so confused.

The big deal that you and your clique are making out of forcing others to bend to your Stalinesque will IS embarassing.
:rofl: sorry, am I in charge of a school phys ed department now? I wasn't aware that stalin ever mentioned being in favor of encouraging personal hygiene in adolescents, though. the more you know!

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Aug 30 2005, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Aug 30 2005, 08:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Aug 30 2005, 06:10 PM
I have, you just haven&#39;t bothered to read my responses.
oh, you got me there. still, I don&#39;t think anyone can really blame me.[/b]

I can...so that makes your first statement false. If you&#39;re going to attempt to make an intelligent comment, read the background statements so you know what you&#39;re talking about.

Originally posted by Dr Rock@Aug 30 2005, 08:59 PM
So schools are NOT requiring students to walk around from class to class in order to further their education?
blah blah blah. everyone walks around every day; that&#39;s why we also have showers in our homes. that is hardly the same as intensive physical exercise.
No. You&#39;re comment was if people SWEAT then they need to take a shower. Don&#39;t try to get away from it now. And intensive exercise is akin to running a marathon or something. Absolutely NOTHING like high school PE. People who regularly shower are not going to "reek" after high school PE.

Your arguments haven&#39;t had ANYTHING to do with so-called "practicality", they&#39;ve been about HYGIENE
uh, that IS the practical issue, professor. what other reasons are there for taking showers?
So not only don&#39;t you read my posts in favor of plugging your metaphorical ears and typing away without thought, you don&#39;t even bother reading the posts of your own supporters? ooookay. The arguments they have been making are along the lines of social engineering, fostering nude-acceptance, etc. All more staged, false arguments.

If you recall, I didn&#39;t make the argument that it (showering) was embarassing.
if YOU recall, the post you quoted was my response to chimera, who did. maybe if you took a minute to calm down and extract that colossal bug from your ass, you wouldn&#39;t get so confused.
Nope, no bug here, cockroach head....but don&#39;t ascribe comments to ME that I didn&#39;t make.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
@Aug 30 2005, 08:59 PM
The big deal that you and your clique are making out of forcing others to bend to your Stalinesque will IS embarassing.
:rofl: sorry, am I in charge of a school phys ed department now? I wasn&#39;t aware that stalin ever mentioned being in favor of encouraging personal hygiene in adolescents, though. the more you know&#33;
[post=339276]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Stalin did control every aspect of his subjects&#39; lives, much like you wish to do. If you&#39;re really in favor of enforcing your brand of hygiene at the school, then lets see forced teeth brushing and showers for everyone (hey, including the teachers&#33;) no matter what activity they participate in because people sweat all the time and we can&#39;t have any sweat accumulation on anyone&#39;s body, according to you.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have, you just haven&#39;t bothered to read my responses.
oh, you got me there. still, I don&#39;t think anyone can really blame me.
I can...so that makes your first statement false. If you&#39;re going to attempt to make an intelligent comment, read the background statements so you know what you&#39;re talking about.

blah blah blah. everyone walks around every day; that&#39;s why we also have showers in our homes. that is hardly the same as intensive physical exercise.
No. You&#39;re comment was if people SWEAT then they need to take a shower. Don&#39;t try to get away from it now. And intensive exercise is akin to running a marathon or something. Absolutely NOTHING like high school PE. People who regularly shower are not going to "reek" after high school PE.

Your arguments haven&#39;t had ANYTHING to do with so-called "practicality", they&#39;ve been about HYGIENE
So not only don&#39;t you read my posts in favor of plugging your metaphorical ears and typing away without thought, you don&#39;t even bother reading the posts of your own supporters? ooookay. The arguments they have been making are along the lines of social engineering, fostering nude-acceptance, etc. All more staged, false arguments.

If you recall, I didn&#39;t make the argument that it (showering) was embarassing.
if YOU recall, the post you quoted was my response to chimera, who did. maybe if you took a minute to calm down and extract that colossal bug from your ass, you wouldn&#39;t get so confused.
Nope, no bug here, cockroach head....but don&#39;t ascribe comments to ME that I didn&#39;t make.

:rofl: sorry, am I in charge of a school phys ed department now? I wasn&#39;t aware that stalin ever mentioned being in favor of encouraging personal hygiene in adolescents, though. the more you know&#33;
[post=339276]Quoted post[/post]​
Stalin did control every aspect of his subjects&#39; lives, much like you wish to do. If you&#39;re really in favor of enforcing your brand of hygiene at the school, then lets see forced teeth brushing and showers for everyone (hey, including the teachers&#33;) no matter what activity they participate in because people sweat all the time and we can&#39;t have any sweat accumulation on anyone&#39;s body, according to you.
[post=339284]Quoted post[/post]​

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Oh, sorry, i smelled all my students who didn&#39;t wash.
Continue....

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting...out all of the people who we&#39;ve heard from where showering is optional and hardly anyone does it (shower) on three message threads...not ONE of them has mentioned any sort of "reek" coming from the vast majority of unwashed students.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Axex@Aug 30 2005, 11:22 AM
Okay, but do you know if it&#39;s because having your penis exposed would be considered immoral or wrong? Or because it&#39;s decorative?
[post=339259]Quoted post[/post]​
Probably decorative.

overshot

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
After reading through these three pages, I&#39;m wondering why nobody has questioned the need for P.E. classes at all. In my cash strapped district it, among many things, seems like a very large waste of money, and it prevents me from having room in my schedule to take a class I&#39;ll actually need such as French 4 or AP Chemistry. At least if a district has to offer it, the whole course should remain optional.

I&#39;ve taken showers in my freshmen year because all students (save those with medical excuses) are required to take a swimming course. Showering is very strongly encouraged. It really wasn&#39;t a big deal at all. I remember being a little bit nervous going into it at first but after the first time it was pretty natural. Nobody&#39;s feelings got hurt, nobody was mocked to any big extent and there was no supervision at all (as the singular swimming teacher was a woman).

I&#39;m a senior in high school and actually just got back into it a few days ago. I have a gym class for two nine weeks during the 1st period of the day which begins at 7:23am. Am I ever going to want to get up and play basketball or anything else that early? In my school someone in a non-swimming PE class might take a shower once or twice in an entire school year. So the coaches/teachers don&#39;t even bother offering. In fact, there is now equipment inside the showers so you&#39;d have to go way down the hall to the pool shower rooms.
Will I get dressed for gym? Yes.
Will I truly participate in any greuling activity that forces me to break a sweat in the least bit? No. Normally I would actually do something serious such as soccer, or run the track, but because of my attitude at the crack-of-7:23am, my PE regimen will consist of ping-pong or volleyball or walking the track with a very cute female and some buddies.

Does anyone (well, I should say, &#39;Would a majority of students&#39;) really want to wake up and do anything exerting? A certain few might though a majority...I highly doubt it.

So to the question of mandatory showering? I would have to go with it should be an option for those who so choose to take or need one. I would not take the option since I get my showers about an hour before i would take another one, seems useless for my activity level and my shower at home is a lot less grimy. Even in 10 and 11 grade I didn&#39;t take showers simply because I&#39;m not that smelly of a person.

Hope that was somewhat intelligible and possibly encouraging for the views of the &#39;for those who want or need it&#39; crowd

Kthanks, Rico

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Aug 30 2005, 09:28 PM
If you&#39;re going to attempt to make an intelligent comment
oh, from your posts I assumed we&#39;d already thrown out the "intelligent comment" convention. I got the impression that this thread was now about amusing ourselves with the spectacle of you steadily inching closer to a heart attack over an obscure issue like school showers.

No. You&#39;re comment was if people SWEAT then they need to take a shower.
already said that.

And intensive exercise is akin to running a marathon or something. Absolutely NOTHING like high school PE.
it&#39;s intensive compared to walking around between classes - that is, after all, the entire point of it.

People who regularly shower are not going to "reek" after high school PE.
clearly you either went to school deep within the arctic circle, or have a serious sinus problem.

:rofl: check again, shitcricket: YOU were the one who quoted MY response to someone else.

Stalin did control every aspect of his subjects&#39; lives, much like you wish to do.
oh yeah, that&#39;s me all right. :eyes:

If you&#39;re really in favor of enforcing your brand of hygiene at the school, then lets see forced teeth brushing and showers for everyone
if you like. it&#39;s no sweat off my back either way. but since you&#39;re the only person on the planet who doesn&#39;t comprehend the distinction between sitting in a classroom and running around in a gym or on a playing field, I doubt school staff would be overzealous in applying that particular recommendation.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Pecker@Aug 30 2005, 07:56 PM
Does this train have a caboose?
[post=339357]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope.
It&#39;s a runaway.
So, just strip off your clothes and get nekid
and take a fuckin&#39; shower
with the rest of us normal guys
for shits sake.

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Aug 31 2005, 01:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Aug 31 2005, 01:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Aug 30 2005, 09:28 PM
If you&#39;re going to attempt to make an intelligent comment
oh, from your posts I assumed we&#39;d already thrown out the "intelligent comment" convention. I got the impression that this thread was now about amusing ourselves with the spectacle of you steadily inching closer to a heart attack over an obscure issue like school showers.[/b]

Well, from the posts around here from people (including myself) that have something constructive to add to the discussion, I&#39;d say you&#39;re wrong...yet again. I&#39;m sure you&#39;re so used to that feeling though, you&#39;re practically numb to what it&#39;s like and you mistake it for being right or even relevant.

Originally posted by Dr Rock@Aug 31 2005, 01:35 AM
No.  You&#39;re comment was if people SWEAT then they need to take a shower.
already said that.
Yes, I&#39;m just pointing out how wrong you are with evidence to back it up. Something which you obviously don&#39;t understand.

No.  You&#39;re comment was if people SWEAT then they need to take a shower.
already said that.
Yes, I&#39;m just pointing out how wrong you are with evidence to back it up. Something which you obviously don&#39;t understand.

And intensive exercise is akin to running a marathon or something.  Absolutely NOTHING like high school PE.
it&#39;s intensive compared to walking around between classes - that is, after all, the entire point of it.
Well apparently you haven&#39;t been in HS physical education class in the past two decades than. Light = walking around. Moderate=P.E. type activity. Either don&#39;t cause regularly showering people to suddenly "reek" from simple perspiration.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
@Aug 31 2005, 01:35 AM
People who regularly shower are not going to "reek" after high school PE.
clearly you either went to school deep within the arctic circle, or have a serious sinus problem.
[/quote]
Nope, it&#39;s called knowing about physiology, which despite your monniker is something which you clearly don&#39;t. Maybe you got your "degree" out of a cracker jack box. And again, no one who has attended a school-of-choice has commented about the "stench" of unwashed bodies after PE. Maybe you attended school in the Black Hole of Calcutta. I didn&#39;t. We had things called towels, deoderant, air conditioning and a change of clothes. Sounds like you didn&#39;t have any of those advantages. Sorry for you.

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Aug 31 2005, 01:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Aug 31 2005, 01:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
:rofl: check again, shitcricket: YOU were the one who quoted MY response to someone else.[/b]

But you are the one who ascribed the original comment as coming from me...which it didn&#39;t.

Stalin did control every aspect of his subjects&#39; lives, much like you wish to do.
oh yeah, that&#39;s me all right. :eyes:
Now we&#39;re getting somewhere. You&#39;re admitting your incompetence.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
If you&#39;re really in favor of enforcing your brand of hygiene at the school, then lets see forced teeth brushing and showers for everyone
if you like. it&#39;s no sweat off my back either way. but since you&#39;re the only person on the planet who doesn&#39;t comprehend the distinction between sitting in a classroom and running around in a gym or on a playing field, I doubt school staff would be overzealous in applying that particular recommendation.
[/quote]
It&#39;s just as reasonable as you frog marching students into the nude shower game for your own carnal gratification, I&#39;d say.

Axex
Who said this was a shit throwing contest?
Actually...you did. I just stated that if someone starts something, I will respond in like manner, or at the very least call them on it. That&#39;s not a "contest" to see who can be the nastiest. It&#39;s called giving as good as you get.
Save your shit for the showers.
Tell that to the shit-stirrers.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I stole this quote from Lex, in a completely unrelated thread, but think it may apply to some people in this topic who are trying to impose their PC will on everybody else.

"I tend to believe that most people are supremely intimidated by those of us who are truly comfortable in our own skin and who speak and live with conviction."

Lex, I just "borrowed" your words and in no way intend to involve you in this particular discussion. Unless you aren&#39;t afraid to be seen naked in front of other males.

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I also have a quote, this one from DC DEEP on an unrelated topic, but encapsulates my feelings and my posts on the matter:

Some people just never give up when they try to dictate the lives of others. As long as I harm no one, my life is just exactly that - my life.

The open-minded person: "You choose to be vegetarian, that&#39;s fine, I&#39;ll still eat what I want to eat."

The narrow-minded person: "I find eating dead animals to be repugnant. Therefore, you will conform to my idea, and you will be vegetarian."

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by warmsunshine+Aug 31 2005, 05:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(warmsunshine &#064; Aug 31 2005, 05:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
already said that.

already said that.
Yes, I&#39;m just pointing out how wrong you are with evidence to back it up. Something which you obviously don&#39;t understand.[/b]

how long have you had this stammer?

Originally posted by warmsunshine@Aug 31 2005, 05:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
:rofl: check again, shitcricket: YOU were the one who quoted MY response to someone else.

But you are the one who ascribed the original comment as coming from me...
[/quote]
wrong again. exhibiting that level of stupidity, are you really surprised that nobody is taking you seriously?

It&#39;s just as reasonable as you frog marching students into the nude shower game for your own carnal gratification, I&#39;d say.
:rofl: you really are obsessed, aren&#39;t you? granted, I&#39;ve skimmed most of the posts in this topic, but I don&#39;t recall noticing any suggestion that there is anything even remotely erotic about personal hygiene. sounds like that one came out of YOUR tormented subconscious, kiddo. I mean, do you honestly think people are breaking into high schools and somehow concealing themselves in order to observe students showering? what a disturbing world you inhabit&#33;

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
you really are obsessed, aren&#39;t you? granted, I&#39;ve skimmed most of the posts in this topic, but I don&#39;t recall noticing any suggestion that there is anything even remotely erotic about personal hygiene. sounds like that one came out of YOUR tormented subconscious, kiddo. I mean, do you honestly think people are breaking into high schools and somehow concealing themselves in order to observe students showering? what a disturbing world you inhabit&#33;
No more obsessed than you. Well, if you can&#39;t be bothered to read the posts on the topic (and I&#39;m not just talking about mine, either) and reply to them then you should just shut up finally about it. The unhealthy erotic obsession with teens doing the nude group shower thing is apparent in every post that you and your clique make. It isn&#39;t that you ARE hiding out in the shower, waiting for them to come into your clutches, it&#39;s that you fantasize about it and use it for your jerk off material.