Allow Parents To Excuse Students From Pe Showers?

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You keep talking shit about Dr. Rock not giving evidence, why don't you back up what you say and give ME some evidence of where I said it was a shit throwing contest. And please, how about you quote the post too? Just putting quotes around something doesn't say much. This isn't whisper down the lane.
Sigh. The "quotes" were from your statement: "who said this was a shit throwing contest" which is how you characterized your PRIOR statement of:
Shooting someone down for expressing his/her own opinion is wrong (in my opinion). But it's also important to realize that if you're counter that with trying to shoot him or her down, that you're just bringing the potential fight to the next level. If you're gonna call someone on something don't facilitate a pure verbal war
I didn't call it a 'shit throwing contest' and wouldn't characterize it as such. I stated that I called it giving as good as you're getting. You're the one who used the terminology.

Swimguy, nice post...but I don't understand what Axex is talking about in regards to your post... And according to various members around here like Rock, Pecker, etc, they would like to change that status. Check out their posts.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by swimguy_14+Aug 31 2005, 07:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swimguy_14 &#064; Aug 31 2005, 07:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>There are no schools that FORCE kids to shower. They only exist in gay guys fantasies
[post=339599]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

both secondary schools I went to had showers after phys ed, and anyone caught trying to dodge showering was often (literally) thrown in by the phys ed teachers. similarly, anyone who came OUT of the showers having failed to remove all the mud from their persons was ordered back in. sure, it was a drag at the time, but I do realize that if they HADN&#39;T forced us to shower then we wouldn&#39;t have bothered - when you&#39;re a teenager, it seems like a waste of time.

<!--QuoteBegin-warmsunshine
@Aug 31 2005, 06:45 PM
The unhealthy erotic obsession with teens doing the nude group shower thing is apparent in every post that you and your clique make.[/quote]
haha, quotes?

you fantasize about it and use it for your jerk off material.
[post=339585]Quoted post[/post]​
... right. cos you&#39;ve watched me jerk off, clearly exhibiting some kind of pseudosexual shower fetish in the process. :eyes: here&#39;s a clue for you, dr freud: I went to boarding school and spent several years serving in the army; if I wanted shower-based jerkoff material then I wouldn&#39;t need to fantasize about anyone else&#39;s.

maybe you should try to actually explain what it is, precisely, that anyone is supposed to find erotic about taking a shower. nobody else seems to have this fixation, and personally it baffles me.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Aug 31 2005, 11:44 AM
maybe you should try to actually explain what it is, precisely, that anyone is supposed to find erotic about taking a shower. nobody else seems to have this fixation, and personally it baffles me.
[post=339610]Quoted post[/post]​
I don&#39;t get it either. When I was in high school, circle jerks didn&#39;t break out in the shower.

PonyPete

Experimental Member
Media
An undisclosed location in central Louisiana
Originally posted by swimguy_14@Aug 31 2005, 07:14 PM
There are no schools that FORCE kids to shower. They only exist in gay guys fantasies
[post=339599]Quoted post[/post]​

The high school that I graduated from last year required showers after Phys Ed and sporting events and it was enforced. I never had a problem with it and neither did anybody else so far as I know. A shower felt good after working up a sweat.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
My old high school required it too, but as I said, circle jerks (or other forms of group sex) didn&#39;t break out in the middle of the shower, so I know we weren&#39;t in some gay fantasy.

BlastOff123

Experimental Member
Media
Never in school showers. But boy, in Boy Scouts we had circle jerks around camp fires, and even at camp once in Order of the Arrow&#33; Oh yeah, brings back good memories. And this was an LDS troop&#33;

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by BlastOff123@Aug 31 2005, 04:49 PM
And this was an LDS troop&#33;
[post=339682]Quoted post[/post]​

Casting no aspersions, but a coupla&#39; the fuckin&#39;, over the top, horny, hung, wild, try anything anywhere, with anybody, anytime guys I ever met and played with were "proper Mormons." Great fuckin&#39; fucks&#33;&#33;&#33; So what&#39;s this got to do with "excuse students from PE showers" thread? I MET the horniest, hungest, deviant fucker of them all, on my college wrestling team. Shortly before we both got cut.

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
both secondary schools I went to had showers after phys ed, and anyone caught trying to dodge showering was often (literally) thrown in by the phys ed teachers. similarly, anyone who came OUT of the showers having failed to remove all the mud from their persons was ordered back in. sure, it was a drag at the time, but I do realize that if they HADN&#39;T forced us to shower then we wouldn&#39;t have bothered - when you&#39;re a teenager, it seems like a waste of time.
So for PE everyday you played in the mud until you were covered from head to toe? Well, maybe you and Pecker should share an avatar. At any rate, schools in this day and age are a bit more civilized, I&#39;m glad to say, so that no one would have to shower off of that much mud and sweat.
right. cos you&#39;ve watched me jerk off, clearly exhibiting some kind of pseudosexual shower fetish in the process. here&#39;s a clue for you, dr freud: I went to boarding school and spent several years serving in the army; if I wanted shower-based jerkoff material then I wouldn&#39;t need to fantasize about anyone else&#39;s.
Well maybe you do that. But usually for those type of people, it&#39;s never enough and they are constantly in search of new material once the other stuff wears out. The people with the pseudosexual shower fetish are those who want to force EVERYone to follow their dictates.
The hygiene fallacy already been discredited as well as the social one. That&#39;s the only thing that is left after you eliminate everything else.

But these two are very different from "throwing shit" or saying something provocative to start a fight.
You&#39;re right. After your posts, I can see that I was the person who said the term "shit" and "throw" first. However, I was NOT the person who started the provacative metaphorical "shit throwing". I simply stated that I would reply in-kind and I still see nothing wrong with that.

I don&#39;t get it either. When I was in high school, circle jerks didn&#39;t break out in the shower.
It&#39;s not about circle jerks. Well other than the jerks who aren&#39;t even in high school anymore who want to make it mandatory that EVERYone be forced to take a naked group shower after PE, no matter what. That is their fantasy.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Sep 2 2005, 03:21 PM
So for PE everyday you played in the mud until you were covered from head to toe?
... uh, yeah, pretty much. didn&#39;t they make you play rugby or football where you went to school?

Well other than the jerks who aren&#39;t even in high school anymore who want to make it mandatory that EVERYone be forced to take a naked group shower after PE, no matter what. That is their fantasy.
[post=340127]Quoted post[/post]​
... and how many of these people do you know? I&#39;ve known some real weird folks, but nobody who&#39;s ever described an imaginary-group-shower-circlejerk fetish. :eyes:

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
... uh, yeah, pretty much. didn&#39;t they make you play rugby or football where you went to school?
er...no. Unless you mean the cycle (2 weeks maybe?) we had on flag football.

... and how many of these people do you know? I&#39;ve known some real weird folks, but nobody who&#39;s ever described an imaginary-group-shower-circlejerk fetish
Rock, meet the members of your clique...clique, meet Rock. And I never brought up circle-jerks...I said that forcing teens to shower nude in a group is a part of some people&#39;s fantasies here.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Sep 2 2005, 05:12 PM
er...no. Unless you mean the cycle (2 weeks maybe?) we had on flag football.
how strange. are you sure you didn&#39;t attend a girls&#39; school by mistake?

And I never brought up circle-jerks...I said that forcing teens to shower nude in a group is a part of some people&#39;s fantasies here.
[post=340166]Quoted post[/post]​
and I said nobody else had mentioned it, thus prompting the question of exactly WHOSE fantasies you&#39;re talking about here.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My ninth grade PE coach always reminded us that if we weren&#39;t working up a sweat during his class, he wasn&#39;t doing his job.

So if class activities weren&#39;t strenuous enough, he&#39;d have us do calisthenics until our uniforms were soaking.

The shower was required but it was welcome.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BlastOff123@Aug 31 2005, 02:49 PM
Never in school showers. But boy, in Boy Scouts we had circle jerks around camp fires, and even at camp once in Order of the Arrow&#33; Oh yeah, brings back good memories. And this was an LDS troop&#33;
[post=339682]Quoted post[/post]​
You&#39;ll notice I said I never did in the school showers. ;)

warmsunshine&#39;s argument seems to be "You fantasize about mandatory group showers and orgies during these group showers purple monkey dishwater"

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
warmsunshine&#39;s argument seems to be "You fantasize about mandatory group showers and orgies during these group showers purple monkey dishwater"
Actually no. That isn&#39;t my argument against forced nude group showers, that is my (and a few others on this board) thoughts on the motivations of certain people who want to impose the policy on others.

There is a subtle difference, so I&#39;m not surprised you don&#39;t understand it.

My ninth grade PE coach always reminded us that if we weren&#39;t working up a sweat during his class, he wasn&#39;t doing his job.

So if class activities weren&#39;t strenuous enough, he&#39;d have us do calisthenics until our uniforms were soaking.

Well, PE isn&#39;t like that anymore. And just because you&#39;re sweating doesn&#39;t mean that someone is or isn&#39;t doing their job to either burn calories or improve cardiovascular fitness in others.

John_McWilliams

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Sep 8 2005, 02:49 AM

Well, PE isn&#39;t like that anymore. And just because you&#39;re sweating doesn&#39;t mean that someone is or isn&#39;t doing their job to either burn calories or improve cardiovascular fitness in others.
[post=341395]Quoted post[/post]​

Warmsunshine,

How I wish what you said was true... But if you want to exercise you need to be willing to sweat.... Just like if you want to diet, you can&#39;t feast at Dunkin Donuts every day.

I personally think even if a particular student (or his/her parents) are uncomfortable with being nude in front of peers of the same gender in a school shower setting, this does not make that activity socially unacceptable, and schools cannot change every policy according to each student&#39;s personal comfort level.

I agree to some extent with your point on school&#39;s having required showers limits people&#39;s freedom of choice. And I respect your oppostion to this. Ultimately, it&#39;s a question of what&#39;s the right balance of school authority vs. student choice...and I think fair minded people can disagree.

- John

PS Some students see wisdom in schools having mandatory showers. One article in a school newspaper on this topic is:
http://www.snn-rdr.ca/snn/old/sept99/sept99/showers.html

PPS My own daughter&#39;s school ( http://www.southmont.k12.in.us/WalnutEleme...PE/walnutpe.htm ) starts showers after PE in elementary school. I&#39;ve personally never heard of any problems or complaints with the school showers (and I lived here for 20 years). I also agree with other posters, that this is usually less controversial for most everyone when introduced in elementary school.

PPPS While not entirely on point, I can think of no better illustration of attitudes toward the issue of nudity 60 years ago than an article that appeared in the January 13, 1941 issue of Life magazine, entitled "Democracy in U. S. Schools," which examined life at 3 American high schools: one in Des Moines, IA, another in Holtville, AL, and one on Rochester, NY. Life sent reporters and photographers to Benjamin Franklin High School in Rochester, NY.

The top half of page 66 shows girls, dressed in the gym bloomers typical of that era, in the midst of doing exercises. The bottom half of page 66 shows a boys PE class -- in the showers&#33; While the boys are turned so that their penises are not visible, the naked backsides and faces of several boys are clearly visible. The caption reads as follows:

"The school showers are a steam-heated melting pot for boys of all classes and races. One boy provided a caption for this picture. He wrote, &#39;The example of democracy the boys displayed was that they did not shove each other around to be in the picture or underneath the shower. They awaited their turns instead."

This article and statement tends to jibe with the view that required showers were not viewed as infringemnet on individual rights in the USA at that time. Of course views change over time. Sometimes for the better (civil rights etc.) and sometimes for the worse (e.g. schools ending PE showers, IMHO).

For those who believe that I&#39;m making up the whole thing, I&#39;ve given you the date of the issue. Furthermore, it is Volume 10, number 2 of Life Magazine. Go to the library and check for yourself. While there, you may also wish to read the subsequent issues and read the letters to the editor about this article. Several were published but not one -- NOT ONE -- made any reference to the boys&#39; nudity in the shower picture.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by warmsunshine@Sep 9 2005, 01:11 AM
How interesting that you chose NOT to respond to the entire last statements....because they completely refuted your inept argument.
[post=341638]Quoted post[/post]​
actually, I just got bored. there are other people here who are more entertaining to wind up.