Aloofness: The Wall (advice, please)

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by necromechwiz, Oct 21, 2009.

1. necromechwiz

necromechwiz New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Hey guys, long time lurker give good advice, thought I'd ask for some.

I've been hanging with a guy I am very interested in. We've known each other a couple years, but live apart and never spent time together until recently. I'm not sure if he likes me, but I think so. The problem is this: he has this unemotional wall and acts as if nothing emotional affects him. He will sometimes make small intimate gestures, but nothing else. I told him I would like to try dating if the stars align and time comes where it works geographically, and he kinda shrugged and said he couldn't "guarantee anything and just isn't sure how to feel." I'm wondering if anyone knows a guy like this, how they react, or what caused it (e.g., trauma).

Part two is that he lost his sex drive about a year and a half ago, so when I've made moves, there has been some kissing, cuddling, sleeping in the same bed, but nothing more. He was straightforward about the "loss", but it still bugs me.

We're going to get the chance to be around each other a lot more in a few months, and would love any advice to progress.
Draft saved Draft deleted