Altering underwear

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought it was about time that I contributed a thread (or two). Here goes.

I was wondering if anyone here alters his underwear.

When I was a young child I wore the traditional "tighty whiteys". As I got older the briefs I used as a child started to become uncomfortable.

During my teenage years I started buying my own underwear and made the switch to boxers, but they quickly presented their own problems. Though hiding my "junk" was difficult, the occasional unwanted erection was way too obvious. Also, for some reason I have not been able to figure out, the boxers seemed to trap moisture resulting in repeated bouts with jock itch. I switched back to buying briefs in my early 20s, but I started buying a size bigger to give myself a little extra room. Of course, I also started experimenting at this time with no underwear.

And snug jeans.

It got me a lot of attention.

Way, way too much attention.

I'm not sure when they first came onto the market, but sometime in my 30's I discovered boxer briefs. Wow, what a difference. But...

Even the boxer briefs had a few drawbacks for me. Though I got both the comfort and support that I needed, sometimes, during the middle of my day, the fabric would become stretchy enough that my "junk" would fall down the leg of the boxer briefs. I was constantly sneaking my hand into my pants to pull the equipment back up.

And then one day I altered my boxer briefs. I'm not sure why or even how I thought of it, but I discovered that after putting my boxer briefs on, I could turn one leg back inside itself in the front and it would create a "sling" that the "jun... Ok, my COCK... could rest in. I used a safety pin to hold the leg in place. It worked so well that I started sewing the legs up in this position. Because of this alteration I now get the comfort and real support that I always wanted.

I'm also comfortable about wearing jeans again. Just not so tight.

Ok, a little snug.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Is that your bum kali?

You do a good job on making your own underwear. I always wanted to make some loincloths out of chamois, but I haven't started yet.

oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have been freeballing 24/7 for nearly eight years. When I used to wear boxer shorts, I would buy the largest size I could find to get the extra room and length. The waist would have to be altered to keep them from falling down. Lately I have been experimenting with wearing boxers again.

D_Gallely Greenweeny

Just Browsing
Media
"I could turn one leg back inside itself in the front and it would create a "sling" that the "jun... Ok, my COCK... could rest in. I used a safety pin to hold the leg in place."

so u roll up one boxer leg on the inside to make sorta like a pocket?

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Heh, O.k. here is my little short story. When I was in high school, and was just taught the art of needle and thread, I was repairing a lot of my clothes as I would tear through slacks, shirts, jackets, you name it.

I also was noticing how comfortable I could make my life with the same ability. I was not long after I was patching knee holes in jeans that I was converting torn sweats, into shorts. Time went on and i was started making things from spare parts (left over blankets into pillows, and such) I had got the bright Idea to start altering clothes. Despite that my stitchwork wasn't (or isn't) the best I had a lot of nice (Frankinstien) looking clothes. Most of what I did was splitting up fabrich and either adding another bit of clothing as a patch or taking out a section to make it tighter.

Ultimately I took a tee shirt, an old pair of underwear with a hole in it (I don't know how it goth there, honestly), thead and a needle. After stitching down a seam in the rear, shringing the size of the back, and cutting out the front, using the tee shirt to replace the triange section in the Y of some Y-fronts after stitching up the fly, I made a pocket. It was a cobination of deep pouch briefs, and bunz underwear all in one.

I only threw them out because the stitching kept giving way, and I had to keep repairing them, but if I wanted to I cold make them all over again. Currently I'm thinking of getting some elastic and making some Jersey style briefs, out of a tor red T-shirt I have set aside. I've been wanting to do it for a little less than a year now, but since I neither have time, not too much skill have been putting it off, but think it would be really hot. Even better if I got a stitching or sweing maching (man that sounds gay).
"I also made a Thong out of an old set of tights, but the stitching had no give and tore through the fabric in a week."
:cool:

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"I could turn one leg back inside itself in the front and it would create a "sling" that the "jun... Ok, my COCK... could rest in. I used a safety pin to hold the leg in place."

so u roll up one boxer leg on the inside to make sorta like a pocket?

Exactly. I simply pull the front part of the leg up inside and sew it in place. Some brands work better than others. I've had a lot of success with Hilfiger's. I still buy a size larger though.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
when I wear underwear, I wear boxers. I try to buy the longest leged ones I can, but a lot of times the fly is too small of an opening. so I usually split the seam of the fly at the bottom. I only open it to the next seam where the fabric actually meets together. gives a lot more room to haul your meat out of. this is just more comfortable for me than trying to get my hand into a small fly and reach down my leg to get at my meat and pull it out. I mean ..come on! you don't have to be hung to know that a 1-2" opening really isn't big enough! who designs this stuff! lol

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Great idea Mulebear... have never thought about that.

I have had a simillar problem with boxer briefs- for some reason the snug leg openings trap heat for me and I have had sweat running down my legs in hot weather- also the moisture builds up and have a nasty/funky smelling uncut cock (like having it in a steam room all day), never had jock itch but gotten rather funky in summers. I guess Iam so used to boxers that I just wear them- I have also learned what brands are longer and not (and the dreaded 'short waisted' shorts...ugh.

Cant stand ANYTHING mess - briefs or jocks- the material 'draws back' and god...the tugging and agony...

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that the boxers I used to wear kept me pressed against my leg and after awhile it got sweaty and that led to a bit of a rash.

The briefs I wore kept everything bundled up and pushed out front. Less trapped sweat, but a tad uncomfortable. Plus, even though I have fairly large legs, the leg holes tended to be pulled away for my legs and the edge of the openings would rub my balls the wrong way.

Boxer briefs worked a lot better, but my altered boxer briefs seem to work the best for me.

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That sounds like an interesting idea Mulebear. If it's not too much trouble could you post a pic of them inside out so we can see how the alteration was done?

These were shot with a webcam. Not the best quality. Plus, my underwear is black.

Point A is the front hem of the left leg. Point B is the spot just below the small upsidedown "Y" that is formed where the inner flap of the fly is connected on the left. Point A is turned inside the left leg and then attached to Point B. If you experiment with this, it will become clear how the "pocket" is formed when Point A is sewn or pinned to Point B.

By the way, the underwear shown is Hanes. Not my favorite.

Before

After

The after shot shows where Points A and B have been sewn together.