Alternate Ending

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As I stated in a previous thread I just finished a book with an alternate ending, and I started thinking I wish it that was possible in real life, books and movies and it reminded me of this...
YouTube - MadTV - Wizard of Oz (Alternate Ending)

If you could rewrite the ending of a book or movie...What would it be?

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I hated the way "No country for old men" ended.
In my version ANTON would have gotten OFFED.
And he would a got it brutal too.

I always sort a thought the Bible has a bad ending too.
The protaganist gets crucified and some shit about the Apocalypse.
DANG.....

D_Mac_D_Nife

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I stated in a previous thread I just finished a book with an alternate ending, and I started thinking I wish it that was possible in real life, books and movies and it reminded me of this...
YouTube - MadTV - Wizard of Oz (Alternate Ending)

If you could rewrite the ending of a book or movie...What would it be?

Not really on topic for the question, but I loved Mad TV. They did several alternate versions of Wizard of Oz on that episode.

starter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That was so funny,
"what all i had to do was click my heels?!?!?!"
ahhahaha she's so pissed

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Both of WALL-E's cat tracks break at once and, as the picture fades, he's stuck in the sand at Coney Island, sadly awaiting the high tide.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Oh, Mommy, darling! Daddy, dearest!!"...she got that wrong by a couple, or six, decades.

Virginia's career started to slip away from her when the teenage Shirley Temple signed with MGM, with "Plain-Jane" Virginia abruptly bumped back to secondary status.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Virginia's career started to slip away from her when the teenage Shirley Temple signed with MGM, with "Plain-Jane" Virginia abruptly bumped back to secondary status.

You're being entirely too kind. I think the word you're looking for is "re-relegated".

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The ending to the cinematic version of Stephen King's The Mist was a colossal fuck-up.

The final scene should have panned over the sleeping bodies of the boy and the others who fled, before settling on and zooming into Thomas Jane's character sitting at a table, looking simultaneously heartbroken and hopeful...writing on a piece of paper by a battery-powered lantern while a small radio buzzed with static.

As he voices-over the final lines of the film (taken from the original text of the story), the view should pull away through a window, showing him inside a roadside motel...his lantern the only light in an endless sea of grey...with shadowy forms flying and lumbering around in the mist, which obscures the scene more and more as the camera pulls back until the shot finally fades to black.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yeah but the Titanic BLOWED UP! IT BLOWED UP REAL GOOD!!!!:biggrin1::biggrin1:

The ending to the cinematic version of Stephen King's The Mist was a colossal fuck-up.

The final scene should have panned over the sleeping bodies of the boy and the others who fled, before settling on and zooming into Thomas Jane's character sitting at a table, looking simultaneously heartbroken and hopeful...writing on a piece of paper by a battery-powered lantern while a small radio buzzed with static.

As he voices-over the final lines of the film (taken from the original text of the story), the view should pull away through a window, showing him inside a roadside motel...his lantern the only light in an endless sea of grey...with shadowy forms flying and lumbering around in the mist, which obscures the scene more and more as the camera pulls back until the shot finally fades to black.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hated the way "No country for old men" ended.
In my version ANTON would have gotten OFFED.
And he would a got it brutal too.

Yah, I would have liked to have seen the same: like seeing Anton getting his head run over in the final car accident scene.

OK. I have one.
Cold Mountain. I loved the book, but hated the ending.
I would have that ending be a happy one with Inman happily
living on the farm with is wife and daughter.

Same.