alternative to circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Guill, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Guill

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have read accounts online about an alternative to circumcision. Instead of having in cut the skin is retracted when the child is small and kept retracted all the time. By the time they are 10 the skin just stays back on its own. Has anyone had this experience or tried it with their children? For those, is there any chance of keeping it retracted if you are already older?

2. snoozan

Gold Member

I don't have a foreskin so I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem that you could keep it retracted all the time like that. I would imagine it would just spring back from being in clothing and the like. Plus, I don't know why you'd want to do that anyway.

It's also argued that any forced retraction of the foreskin in a young boy can result in problems later in life that may require circumcision. The foreskin and the glans are fused together until about ages 2-5 (sometimes later). Most doctors don't recommend ANY forcible retraction of the foreskin. Even when cleaning a small child, you pull it back as far as it will go with no resistance, and you really don't have to do that until they are toddlers.

I don't know. I'm not doing it to my kid. I elected to keep it natural so I don't know why I'd make it unnaturally retracted all the time.

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Snoozan, you may not have a penis or foreskin, but that just about says it all.

4. SteveHd

Gold Member

I'll back what snoozan wrote about not forcing the foreskin.

An infant's foreskin is fused to the glans. At a later age they separate gradually. It can take as long as age 9 and in rare cases into adolescence. If the skin is forced before it's ready, problems can occur.

It best to leave it alone.

5. chico8

chico8 New Member

I don't know how you'd manage that. I think you'd have to tape it back or something and that could cause some serious problems.

The foreskin is attached to the glans penis in the vast majority of cases so in order to do this you would have to literally rip it off.

Also, the foreskin is designed to protect the glans and keep it smooth and supple, by pulling it back or through circumcision, you'll only desensitize the penis.

I knew a guy who kept his foreskin behind his glans. I never asked him why but it always seemed odd.

In the other thread you thought that PE might only grow the penis and not the skin. I doubt that will happen as PE is designed to grow the whole thing.

I love long foreskins, so maybe I'm biased but be happy that you still have it and flaunt it, don't hide it.

6. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    I think we just go with the best alternative to circumcision - LEAVE THE PENIS INTACT!

I'm uncut, and my foreskin retracts quite easily and stays back if I have it back while wearing underwear or when I'm hard(ish). This all happened naturally, without careful planning by my parents or application of tapes or potions.

Give it a go - the Organic Penis - surely it's bettter for you!

7. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I once met a guy who'd done that because someone (his mother?) had told him if he didn't it'd be cut off. That would certainly be an inducement. (As someone said, "It's not only the circumcised who are victims of circumcision.")

I know of one guy who did that. You'd need a big glans to keep it back, and a skin that was not too tight, to prevent oedema (filling with fluid) and worse (gangrene). The result would be a keratinised glans, but since you'd still have all your foreskin/ridged-band nerves, that would not be such a hardship. But why do that?

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yeah, I've heard of that. It's called sex abuse of a child. WTF?

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

There is another alternative to circumcision - leaving the kid's dick alone.

10. hrconsulttex

hrconsulttex New Member

Amen to that! I wish my parents had just left it alone, rather than bowing to the idea that was so common at the time that circumcision was a normal, good thing and didn't hurt the baby.

11. snoozan

Gold Member

don't get too angry at your parents, they probably weren't given a choice.

12. viking1

Gold Member

You're not the only guy here who wishes that!

13. jafar

jafar Member

Yes, if you keep the foreskin retracted constantly around the time when the penis starts to grow during puberty, the enlarging glans will eventually outgrow the foreskin and be permanently exposed.

14. SteveHd

Gold Member

Bullshit!

15. jafar

jafar Member

Some people are so rude......

16. SteveHd

Gold Member

:BoomSmilie_anim:

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

You have 22 posts, more than half of those in "circumcision threads," and many of those expressing your rather extreme dislike and contempt for natural cocks. What kind of response do you expect when you keep advocating infant mutilation?

18. jafar

jafar Member

Whatever response they have, I do not expect them to use swear words. Is that an American thing???!!

19. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Huh? Your fixation on infant penises. A Canadian thing?

20. SteveHd

Gold Member

jafar, you poor sensitive thing! What sheltered culture do you live in? In case you haven't noticed, LPSG is rather rough and profane. I was recently called a "dipshit" by a futilationist. Worse language than "bullshit" is common; like the F-bomb.

If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen!

Draft saved Draft deleted