alternative uses for JOSH GROBAN

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't quite understand all this phlegm.
Groban, I think, has a very good voice, very well trained.
He's not great ... he's just very good.
And his treatments of pop songs have all the advantages and disadvantages heard when a singer with a classical technique attempts the pop repertoire.
The singing is quite beautiful, but the gritty oomph, the personality, of good pop singing isn't really there.
But lots of people like it.
I have never bought a Groban disc, but I'm not the least bothered by the thought that some people are over the moon about him.
A guy achieved a fair amount of success.
Good for him.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i'm giving you a pass ONLY becuase you're from a country that gave us the GREAT john candy.

though u also gave us alan thicke who is the father of miscreant progeny robin thicke, who is likely even worse than josh groban, so i might have to rescind your pass. alot of "bad" comes out of canada besides the arctic air .

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
u know, of all the people that have posted to this thread, only jasonD and i think one other dude gets the point of it.

my intent was to just have people add a humorous "alt use for josh groban" not go into some fuking rant about how great he is. I know there are tons sociopaths out there who love him, i dont' need all of them telling me in this thread! though it is funny to see how they rationalize their devotion.

all of you who love josh can write oprah
i'm sure she gets wet just like you do, everytime she hears his voice

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
i'm giving you a pass ONLY becuase you're from a country that gave us the GREAT john candy.

though u also gave us alan thicke who is the father of miscreant progeny robin thicke, who is likely even worse than josh groban, so i might have to rescind your pass. alot of "bad" comes out of canada besides the arctic air .

my intent was to just have people add a humorous "alt use for josh groban" not go into some fuking rant about how great he is. I know there are tons sociopaths out there who love him, i dont' need all of them telling me in this thread! though it is funny to see how they rationalize their devotion.

Gosh, you're impressive.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
u know, of all the people that have posted to this thread, only jasonD and i think one other dude gets the point of it.

Thad I totally agree with you.

But when you make a thread here you have to know some people are going to write something you may not like or agree with. We dont like josh, but Im sure others do.

So just roll with the haters and smile at the fact that you dont own one of his dreadful c.d's. lol.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

Damn, boy. Take some Maalox or sumpin and take a nap.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't quite understand all this phlegm.
Groban, I think, has a very good voice, very well trained.
He's not great ... he's just very good.
And his treatments of pop songs have all the advantages and disadvantages heard when a singer with a classical technique attempts the pop repertoire.
The singing is quite beautiful, but the gritty oomph, the personality, of good pop singing isn't really there.
But lots of people like it.
I have never bought a Groban disc, but I'm not the least bothered by the thought that some people are over the moon about him.
A guy achieved a fair amount of success.
Good for him.

I can't judge whether what Josh Groban does is good pop singing according to today's tastes because I don't share those tastes at all; but please do not anyone believe that he has a classical vocal technique. At least he does not have a good -- not even a passable -- vocal technique by classical standards. His phonation is weak, coarse, breathy, and inconsistent, and it's only the electronic processing that makes his tone sound acceptable. The freshman class of any conservatory will have better-trained male voices in it.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't judge whether what Josh Groban does is good pop singing according to today's tastes because I don't share those tastes at all; but please do not anyone believe that he has a classical vocal technique. At least he does not have a good -- not even a passable -- vocal technique by classical standards. His phonation is weak, coarse, breathy, and inconsistent, and it's only the electronic processing that makes his tone sound acceptable. The freshman class of any conservatory will have better-trained male voices in it.

YEAH! what calboner said