Alternatives to Hardwear cockrings

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by carter2006, Dec 29, 2010.

1. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hi guys -

I am quite an experienced cockring user and looking for a new experience. I really like the idea of the Hardwear cockring but cannot justify the expense. Can anyone recommend a similar alternative to the regular circular cockring?

2. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ever worn a metal teardrop? I like mine alot

3. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Tear drop cockrings are awesome. Great stimulation to a man's G-spot

4. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    thanks guys, no never tried the teardrop but will check it out.

5. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Hardware Horseshoe cock rings work by putting extra pressure on the vein at the top of the penis-- this is why they have the dimple bent in the top of the metal ring. However, they are absurdly overpriced, and complicated to put on (be careful not to pinch yourself). So, although I liked the effect in the demonstration, I didn't buy it. I did make my own, for all of about $5, from material I purchased at the hardware store. While it worked very well, I then realized that a simpler much design would have about the same effect, and be easier to put on and easier to make.

So, I made the ring in the attached picture. This is simple, and just about anyone can do it. It's a strong, thick rubber cockring, made to measure to give just the right pressure, with a 5/8 inch plastic bead threaded over it. I wear it with the bead on top, where it presses in the same place as the dimple in the Hardware Horseshoe ring. But, it is much easier to put on, doesn't look as dorky, is very cheap, and has a superior effect, like the Horseshoe ring.

You might wonder how I got the bead on the ring. For a long time, I've been making custom-sized rubber rings from neoprene rod, which can be purchased from industrial hardware dealers. Using a sharp razor blade, you just cut off the necessary length to make the desired size ring, then glue the ends together with crazy glue to form a ring. Surprisingly, if you cut the ends cleanly, and press the ends firmly together for about a minute while the glue sets, the glued joint is as strong as the rubber itself. To make the beaded ring, I just slipped a big plastic bead from a craft store over the rubber before I glued the ends. (I think I need the bead to be just slightly bigger, so I plan to make a new one soon.)

This particular ring is made from 3/8 inch thick neoprene cord, Shore 30A durometer, obtained from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com), stock number 8466K123 (3-foot length, makes a lot of cock rings...).

Attached Files:

6. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    My goodness, ericbear, that's outstanding work. Thanks for the info! Have you considered making cockrings like that and selling them? I would totally buy one of those before trying to make one!

7. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

how about being a cottage industry seller on eBay?

8. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:

That's an interesting idea...

Of course, they would have to go in the restricted-access Adult Only category. While checking out that category just now to see how cock rings were listed, I discovered that someone is already selling metal rings with a bead (item # 110501448381). But unlike mine, they are small, and go under your glans (I guess to add sensation?), not around the base of the cock. hmmm...more things to think about and play with.

9. lineok03

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  10. lgtrmusr

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Really impressive work, ericbear. I've got a Hardwear Horseshoe and think it's great. I also agree it's pretty pricey. Aside from the big bump at the top, the clip on the horseshoe is a second important feature you might want to work into the substitute you're building.
    1. even though it's metal, you can put the thing on and take it off even while hard. Like you decide you want an extended session that continues right through ejaculation... put it on even if you've become pretty excited
    2. the tight bar across the bottom can help to delay ejaculation, which might be nice sometimes. some people say that when they're ready to cum, they find it helpful to release the clip and shoot the!

My wife thinks the horseshoe think looks weird, but her only comment when I use it is, "aaaahhhhhh", so I figure she likes it!

11. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    My suggestion would be to have a large ball on both sides to put pressure on the top and underside.

12. HardRock_702

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Looking for a cockring to wear. These look very interesting! Never wore a cockring before...

13. catman

Gold Member

I have put rings on my nuts for years- I get them at Home Depot for about a dollar each (last time I bought them)

14. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Long time user - used to wear around entire package but now just around the base of cock - vinyl - feels awesome and looks great.

15. HardRock_702

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    whats the difference between wearing it around the entire cock AND balls, compared to just wearing it around the cock?

16. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

Suggestion:

In days of olde
    and knights were bold
    and cock rings weren't invented...
    they tied a sock around their cock
    and fucked away contented!
    :haha:

17. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey man, you should try it for yourself and see but for me the cock and balls is hotter, more comfortable, and gives a better erection. It also pushes your balls up a little for extra sensation.

18. dude_007

Gold Member

19. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:

Have you tried it man? Anyone tried it?

It looks cool. My main reservation would be the 'one size fits all' element, which generally tends to cause me problems with tightness, whereas ericbear's creation is less stretchy I think.

20. dotball

dotball Member

Albums:
    I'm also interested in what users think about using rings on just the cock or on the whole package.
    I've used rings I've either modified or bought from hardware stores and put them around my cock and balls as I walk around the day commando, because they lift my hole package up in front of my legs instead of between them and feel much nicer bouncing around there and 'present' a bit better too.
    I've never used a cock ring to sustain an erection, I'd really like to hear from users on both options and what they like and why.
    Also, what do users think of cockrings in the open, like nude beaches or skinny dipping - good or should save it for the bedroom?
    (check my album pics for my cock ring - I couldn't link it here).

Draft saved Draft deleted