Always Tell The Truth or Never Lie?

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Um, always telling the truth would require nonstop talking for the rest of your life. I am pretty sure that is not admirable. Never lying is also not a trait that I would deem intrinsically "good" because there are certainly situations wherein lying can have a positive effect.

B_Danceswithlamps

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
jakeatolla said:
Lets see, do I lie ?
Let me ask you this.... Your wife says "Do I look Fat ? "

How do you answer this ?

You tell her that she is the most beautiful woman alive, and that how she looks would never matter to you. THEN you tell her she looks a touch chunky in that sweater, and watch as she hacks your dick of with a bucher knife. :D

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jakeatolla said:
Lets see, do I lie ?
Let me ask you this.... Your wife says "Do I look Fat ? "

How do you answer this ?

I answer honestly, after all it's subjective and she is 57 with a little belly, she doesn't ask very often. By the way I have a belly at 56 and my wife is honest in her assessment of my weight. Tit for Tat.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
GBO and DocRoc, I don't think the original question was meant as a philosophical treatise on "universal truths." I think it was meant in the context of telling another person one thing, when you know another thing to be the fact.
Wife: "Why were you so late getting home?"
Husband: "I had a late meeting at work." (I'll catch hell if I tell her I was at my girlfriend's house getting a blowjob.)

The truth is just so much easier in the long run, so I'm most always honest and truthful. It ruffles a few feathers, but oh well. My friends and family know that if they don't want a truthful answer, they shouldn't ask me.

One of my favorites: "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" "No, sweetheart, it's your gigantic double-wide ass that makes you look fat."

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
DC_DEEP said:
GBO and DocRoc, I don't think the original question was meant as a philosophical treatise on "universal truths." I think it was meant in the context of telling another person one thing, when you know another thing to be the fact.
oh, well no then, that would be lying. only scumbags and losers do that.