Am I Being Catfished

mjay2694

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’ve recently started talking to someone online (about a month) and they seem too good to be true - all of the red flags that are on MTV’s Catfish are flying high. Does anyone recognize the man in these pictures? Am I being Catfished?

Attachments

briacon429

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well… as a general rule, if he sounds too good to be true, he probably is.

Ask him to send you a selfie with specific instructions. For example, you can ask him to hold up a handwritten sign with your name & date & whatever else you ask for, or hold up his hand with a certain number of fingers, or record a quick vid talking about whatever topic you ask him to. Or better yet, a combination of all these instructions in quick succession (and make sure all these pics/vids show his face).

That’ll tell you pretty quickly if he‘s the real deal. If he really is as great as he sounds, he‘ll be able to pull it off. If he gives you excuses (or if he flat-out ghosts you) then you’ll know he‘s a catfisher.

Reactions: crazydonkeydick

mjay2694

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Y
Well… as a general rule, if he sounds too good to be true, he probably is.

Ask him to send you a selfie with specific instructions. For example, you can ask him to hold up a handwritten sign with your name & date & whatever else you ask for, or hold up his hand with a certain number of fingers, or record a quick vid talking about whatever topic you ask him to. Or better yet, a combination of all these instructions in quick succession (and make sure all these pics/vids show his face).

That’ll tell you pretty quickly if he‘s the real deal. If he really is as great as he sounds, he‘ll be able to pull it off. If he gives you excuses (or if he flat-out ghosts you) then you’ll know he‘s a catfisher.
Yes, nothing here that I didn’t know or try. He’s got excuses for lots of things but then will send other stuff he says he “just took” and always a story to justify things.