Am I being hit on?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The other day in Entertainment Tech Class a few students were sitting up in the lightbooth: 3 girls, 4 guys(one of who is me)

We're working wth the lightboard, and just chilling out; we're all friends, well all get along, and you know how it goes.

Anyway, there is a guy gay sitting up in the booth with us, and hes a friend, I like him, hes a nice guy and every thing... Anyway, the gay guy made a gay joke and every started laughing and one of the girls bring up that fact that back in the 80s-early90s most gays were thought to have had AIDs, and she tells this to the gay guy, and he laughs... but the he says "Then Josh must have AIDs."

I didn't really take offense and I came back joking "Yea, riddled with em." and everyone laughs, including me, and we carry on. But then the gay guys says "It must be that big dick." and I say "Must be, I can't keep anyone off me."

Now first of all, I dont think this guy knows I come here(to LPSG), and idk if he actually knows how big my dick is... So anyway, he starts up again and says "Yea, I know what you mean... And I bet you like to take it up the ass too." and one of the girls says "I'm not hearing a no." in a sing-song voice.

"Awkward." I say in a mock singing voice, and we move on passed that conversation.

Now I gotta know what happened here? Is he hitting on me? Is he just being a a weirdo? or what? IDK?

BTW, for reference, I'm straight.:biggrin1:

EDIT: I forgot to add that this guy knows that I am not gay.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Considering your age and the probable age of your friends I'd chalk it up to just fooling around. Playful banter with sexual and homoerotic overtones is pretty common stuff in high school, or at least it was when I was there. He might have a crush on you or something but if he knows your orientation I doubt he's actually hitting on you. Maybe flirting a bit, but that's not exactly the same thing.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I agree with NIC that you are being teased, not propositioned.

Now first of all, I dont think this guy knows I come here(to LPSG), and idk if he actually knows how big my dick is...

You are out here pretty publically, easily identifiable by name, and it is worth thinking through how comfortable you are with that. It is just a matter of time until someone you know comes here and figures out that they know you. In a small town and a small high school, word will certainly get out quickly.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But then the gay guys says "It must be that big dick." and I say "Must be, I can't keep anyone off me."

Now first of all, I dont think this guy knows I come here(to LPSG), and idk if he actually knows how big my dick is... So anyway, he starts up again and says "Yea, I know what you mean... And I bet you like to take it up the ass too." and one of the girls says "I'm not hearing a no." in a sing-song voice.

"Awkward." I say in a mock singing voice, and we move on passed that conversation.

Now I gotta know what happened here? Is he hitting on me? Is he just being a a weirdo? or what? IDK?

EDIT: I forgot to add that this guy knows that I am not gay.

(It is all right...a lot of straight guys are closeted to taking a dick or two in
the A-YO once in a while when the coast is clear. Hehehe.)

KIDDING.

Duh. That guy was throwing you a bone there to see if you would have snatched it up. ["It must be THAT big ol' dick!!!"--your gay friend said. ]THAT was a shot in the dark...a big flare shot in the midnight sky. If you had a GF in there she would've went Trinity in The Matrix on him.
If a gay man hears of a guy with a big dick--straight, gay, bi, illegal alien, whatever...you will get looks and flirtatious comments from interested gay dude...and/or straight beyotch.

Don't be feigning "Oh dear, was this guy coming on to me ?"-type jibber jabber. A straight man always knows when it is a come on. A straight man will always refuse a gay man or a straight woman (who he isn't attracted to) like this. "Freddie, I do not take it up the ass. I'm straight." "Flo, I am not into you." (An example for rejecting a woman you're not into.)

Then again, there are some straight guys that like it in the butt and fuck pussy. There's nothing wrong with that. I think...

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well I think he was feeling you out. Not up. Out. When he said these things to you and asked if you like to take it up the ass, he was seeing if you would answer yes or no. A non answer is at least a maybe or I am curious or bi or gay. You gave a non answer. Expect to be hit on a little more directly next time. Probably while the two of you are alone. Your non answer gave him the go ahead to take the questions one step farther. Be prepared to give a honest answer next time.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
...3 girls, 4 guys(one of who is me)
guy:"Then Josh must have AIDs."
J:"Yea, riddled with em."
guy:"It must be that big dick."
J:"Must be, I can't keep anyone off me."
guy:"Yea, I know what you mean... And I bet you like to take it up the ass too."
girl:"I'm not hearing a no." in a sing-song voice.
J:"Awkward."

Is he hitting on me? Is he just being a a weirdo? or what? IDK?

Let me set you straight then. This was, as you put it, "awkward". Some sort of attempt at humor that didn't work IMO.

If he were to say "I'm feeling horny. Let's go back to your place". That would be a proposition. I bet he isn't going to say that in front of all those people either.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think you mean lighting desk :wink:

You could call it that, but I've always called it a lightboard, because thats what its called where I'm from... Just like I say Soda, and pronounce words differently :p

Anyway... I dont know exactly what'll happen next, I have class with him again tomorrow so I guess I'll see how things go.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Personally, I think if he was seriously interested in seeing how far he could take things, he would never have made such a remark in front of other people.

He's joking, I'm quite sure.

And if you don't go postal on him, he's establishing that gay guys can joke about such things ... that they're not so horrific any more, that joking is actually possible. Which may or may not be wise.

Just a guess, of course ...

dags

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with NB, gay guys and straight girls who hang out and or are friends will talk and gossip, especially about guys! (Back in high school I did!) If you've dated a few girls, word may have gotten around you have a big dick. You'll just have to set him straight (no pun intended), if you do like him as a friend and want to keep things cool in your peer group, if he flirts again just be casual and cool and tell him your in to girls only, or you could say something like "sorry dude, but we're not batting for the same team". If done properly you will probably joke about this later.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Thanks guys,

I'm not 100% sure if he was joking or not, but either way it doesnt bother me. People are people, if you're black you should be able to joke about it, if your gay you should be able to joke about it, and so on.

It's all good. I doubt anything between those of us who are friends will change n the least :biggrin1:

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Rikter - I think this dude *is* a student, he's not authoritative over these other people. . Right, Meph?

And I agree with the responses here. He may have been half-joking, half-flirting. It's normal behavior. I wouldn't make a huge deal of it. And besides, would it be so terrible if you DID want to experiment with this a little? It certainly wouldn't be the first time in the history of sex that a straight guy has tried gay sex. Just a thought, but only if and when you're 100% comfortable with it. Until then, don't lead the guy on, if he does in fact come on to you again, stronger. Just say "Hey, I don't wanna lead you on so I wanna make sure you know....I'm totally straight..... at least for NOW." :)

:biggrin1:

Theres where you should have Injected a "Jealous Much?"

Friends or not...Thats still over the line...

Furthermore, if they are your students...thats unprofessional.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't get why he made that comment about your dick? Have peoeple in that circle seen it, have you talked about it, or was it a lucky guess? I don't know if he was "hitting on you" or not... not directly i guess. but it sounds like he wants you to be gay based on that initial remark.

Edit: Anyway, i would feel pretty uncomfortable hanging around this guy. dont know if that makes me homophobic or not