Am I being irrational?

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
I've started dating someone I met online. He's very polite, nice, sweet, funny and things have been going pretty well. He's not at all the type of guy that I'm used to, but I'm trying to be very open-minded about it, after all the type of guy that I'm used to doesn't seem to be working and I'm trying to recognize this and change it up. We have been on 2 dates and have been talking for about 2 weeks (he's anxious to see me more, but I'm so busy that I just don't have much free time). Right from date one he has made sexual references and his sense of humor is a bit raunchy. But I have shrugged it off that he's a guy and I guess I prefer confidence to shyness as I can be pretty shy myself about sexual stuff until I get really comfortable with someone. He has been pushing to get me out of the public for date #3, and I just wasn't sure I was ready for that but had kind of decided I might go along with it - especially after I posted another thread about how long people wait for sex and realized it might be pretty standard timing. I guess I haven't done alot of formal dating, usually picking up relationships with men I have known as friends first. So after date #2, I had really nice time and it had ended with kissing, touching, etc. I thought that maybe I would go for it if thats what he wanted on date #3. Then the next morning he was texting me how he had a great time and how he couldn't wait to see me again, how he went to be revved up... and had dreamed about me and it was really hot. So I asked him what happened in his dream. Well, the response I got was pretty shocking. As it turns out he likes male domination kinky stuff. That is REALLY not my bag. He was talking about tying me up, on and on. I told him that was never going to be anything more than a dream. I was kind of surprised, he seems so gentleman-like - hand kissing, etc.

So, loads of concerns here. Please tell me what you think - am I over-reacting? First, I don't know him that well and he's a very large, very strong man. For some reason all this gives me mental images of being forcibly tied and overpowered. I know I watch too many movies... I don't want to seem closed minded here, but I really wouldn't enjoy this kind of sex, it's just not for me. He continues to pursue me even though I've told him it's not my thing - is he thinking he can convert me? Or is he thinking he can live without fulfilling these types of desires? Or is he a predator? Maybe I should just be walking away at this point? Anybody have some insight about this?:confused:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've started dating someone I met online. He's very polite, nice, sweet, funny and things have been going pretty well. He's not at all the type of guy that I'm used to, but I'm trying to be very open-minded about it, after all the type of guy that I'm used to doesn't seem to be working and I'm trying to recognize this and change it up. We have been on 2 dates and have been talking for about 2 weeks (he's anxious to see me more, but I'm so busy that I just don't have much free time). Right from date one he has made sexual references and his sense of humor is a bit raunchy. But I have shrugged it off that he's a guy and I guess I prefer confidence to shyness as I can be pretty shy myself about sexual stuff until I get really comfortable with someone. He has been pushing to get me out of the public for date #3, and I just wasn't sure I was ready for that but had kind of decided I might go along with it - especially after I posted another thread about how long people wait for sex and realized it might be pretty standard timing. I guess I haven't done alot of formal dating, usually picking up relationships with men I have known as friends first. So after date #2, I had really nice time and it had ended with kissing, touching, etc. I thought that maybe I would go for it if thats what he wanted on date #3. Then the next morning he was texting me how he had a great time and how he couldn't wait to see me again, how he went to be revved up... and had dreamed about me and it was really hot. So I asked him what happened in his dream. Well, the response I got was pretty shocking. As it turns out he likes male domination kinky stuff. That is REALLY not my bag. He was talking about tying me up, on and on. I told him that was never going to be anything more than a dream. I was kind of surprised, he seems so gentleman-like - hand kissing, etc.

So, loads of concerns here. Please tell me what you think - am I over-reacting? First, I don't know him that well and he's a very large, very strong man. For some reason all this gives me mental images of being forcibly tied and overpowered. I know I watch too many movies... I don't want to seem closed minded here, but I really wouldn't enjoy this kind of sex, it's just not for me. He continues to pursue me even though I've told him it's not my thing - is he thinking he can convert me? Or is he thinking he can live without fulfilling these types of desires? Or is he a predator? Maybe I should just be walking away at this point? Anybody have some insight about this?:confused:

As far as the bolded part, I think your response was completely warranted. Bondage is not what you're into and the fact that he's making sexually suggestive and detailed comments by only date 2 or 3 seems a bit early to me personally (seems like he isn't catching your vibe about taking the slow route with the sexual stuff).

I would just let him know that the sexual stuff doesn't make you feel very comfortable that early in a relationship and then go from there. If you feel like waiting it out and getting to know him better, then go for it. Conversely, if you think he's coming on too strong and he's not going to be someone you're going to fall for in the long run then gracefully bow out. :smile:

slyman6

1st Like
Media
just be careful and if the situation doesn't feel right, walk away. Too many weirdos out there. Dating doesn't always have to lead to the end result.......build a COMFORTABLE relationship first. If, in your eyes, he's too aggressive.......tell him again honestly "I don't like that stuff".

Branleur49008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My experience has been that if someone or something raises the hairs on your neck - and this guy sounds like he might - listen to your instinct and proceed with caution.We were given instinct for a reason. Use it.

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
same as above poster be cautious , try not to feel asleep near him? would be another suggestion as you dont know him well may try to do something, lot of crazy people in this world , but just be smart and be cautious you should be find , you sound like a smart woman

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
My experience has been that if someone or something raises the hairs on your neck - and this guy sounds like he might - listen to your instinct and proceed with caution.We were given instinct for a reason. Use it.

I'm struggling with this exactly. I'm a big chicken sort who is always afraid that every little noise I hear is some serial killer coming to my back door. So maybe I did get the creepy vibe, but I always have to wonder if I'm just getting carried away. My imagination really gets the best of me - I could be Stephen King with what goes on in my head sometimes. LOL

slyman6

1st Like
Media
u been watching too many scary movies!! Go with ur gut feelin', u know normal from abnormal, right? Do u like regular sex? rough sex? ...........it's all about what u like. Maybe u want some dom sex but u need to be with someone who is careful, considerate and will stop if painful.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He continues to pursue me even though I've told him it's not my thing

This is what stands out. If he's stating or even giving you reason to believe he wants you to be involved in something you've specifically stated you don't want, then that is the behaviour of a prick.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The topic of domination in of itself isn't disturbing (for me), but it strikes me as inappropriately soon. Waaaay too soon. Plus the fact that he seems insistent on it in spite of your dislike seems to be something to be concerned about.

No, you're not being irrational.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
some of the sweetest, most decent guys i know are into domination. the turn on for many bdsmers is that it's consensual and enjoyed. but ffs, if you're not ready then just tell him! you've no obligation to move fast just because some other woman posted online that she shags on date three. any decent guy won't mind waiting until you're more comfortable. he sounds a bit too pushy for your timid personality though.

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
This is what stands out. If he's stating or even giving you reason to believe he wants you to be involved in something you've specifically stated you don't want, then that is the behaviour of a prick.

I should be more clear - he did score points when I kept evading his advances the other day that his kids were gone and he had the house to himself - he finally said that he realized he was being the high-pressure guy and he was sorry, he wants to see me again but he doesn't want me to feel pressured. I mean really, so far all has been cool about this guy except the domination/bondage stuff.

slyman6

1st Like
Media
sounds good but keep the sex at ur pace....."no pressure" is good and hold him to his word. ***Hopefully he's not full of BS.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I should be more clear - he did score points when I kept evading his advances the other day that his kids were gone and he had the house to himself - he finally said that he realized he was being the high-pressure guy and he was sorry, he wants to see me again but he doesn't want me to feel pressured. I mean really, so far all has been cool about this guy except the domination/bondage stuff.

Okay. Well, as someone who is intimately familiar with the workings of the guy mind, I can't judge him too harshly at all for making it clear he's interested in sex per se, but I think if he's got his ideal sexual desires out there on the table, and he is/was being a bit pushy about sex, I'd be amazed if the domination thing is something he accepts is totally off the cards.

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
Okay. Well, as someone who is intimately familiar with the workings of the guy mind, I can't judge him too harshly at all for making it clear he's interested in sex per se, but I think if he's got his ideal sexual desires out there on the table, and he is/was being a bit pushy about sex, I'd be amazed if the domination thing is something he accepts is totally off the cards.

Point well taken.:eek5:

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You are not being irrational. If he is willing to openly express strong interest in that kind of sexual behavior before you have even had any sexual contact beyond kissing and touching then it stands to reason that this is the kind of sex he likes and he's telling you that. It's possible that he thinks all women secretly want to be overpowered. If you were unequivocal that this is not exciting to you and he's persisted, then he's either thoughtless, sexually incompatible with you or he's a predator. At the very least he's got sexual assberger's.

My advice would be to have another date in a safe, public place and let him know that you are not secretly wishing to be ravaged, or too repressed to say what you really want. Tell him that being dominated or overpowered is not exciting to you. Ask him if it's truly what he's looking for? Did he think he was being titillating? Did he think this might secretly be what you wanted?

You should not get alone in a sexual context with him until he has sincerely, face-to-face answered questions like these to your satisfaction. He may be harmless and is just thinking he's turning you on, but you are waaaay better safe than sorry. Be careful.