Am i loosing too much weight too fast? and other self esteem issues.

benson19

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Congrats on your decision to take better care of yourself. You sound like a great guy, and you deserve the best out of life. Your progress so far sounds like an awesome first step, and let me encourage you to continue. In spite of what your family says—but more about them later!
Firstly thank you so much for your encouraging well written post and congrats on all your achievements you have reached yourself! Thats very impressive!!

For me it was the other way around regarding the pandemic....as i mean i more and always overweight pre-pandemic period but my habits and weight loss began about 8 months into the pandemic id say, so late 2020.

Ive never drank any alcohol in my life before (mainly for the reason as i sometimes need to take my pain meds) but yes before the pandemic there was more junk food for sure and including take away food more.
All the junk food and fast food ive put a stop to it now.
Occasionally ill have some potato chips (bag) and some ice cream but beyond that its either dry cereal for snacks, changed to Lite Milk, more fruits, some yogurt, more water, occasional Zero sugar soft drinks and all home cooked meals only now.

As of two days ago that i weighed my self I'm now down to 101.95kg.

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi all.

I would really love some honest advice please in my forever effort in loosing weight and my ways with it.

As a teen i was pretty average in my weight considering for my height (6ft1) and overall larger natural frame but as i got closer to my 20's i had a injury which resulted in my mobility to be drastically reduce & couple that with stress & anxiety and yeah pretty quickly i started to stack the kilos on sadly :/

At my peak back in 2019 i was 158.5 kg but since Covid stared and i found my self more in lockdowns obviously this started to change my eating habits.
About 8 months ago when i weighed my self i noticed i had got down to 150kg and id say about 3 months from now i was down to 139kg. Since then i really started to make the effort to try my best to change what i eat, eat less of course and switch to no sugar drinks etc.
Last week the best i got down to was 125.8kg (just with underwear on).

The problem im having is my close family keep complaining and saying that im loosing weight too quickly and it could be dangerous for my health. Honestly i have zero clue if the amount im loosing in this time frame is considered dangerous or not?
Also to note i have not been doing any exercise or work out etc. All my weight loss is just from my eating habits that i tried my best to change.

Another thing that i always wanted to loose weight was that i was never happy with my physical looks. Personally i feel like my penis is on the smaller side as well and obviously being overweight has made it look even worse. So a big motivation always was to try and loose weight and maybe gain some length back? Honestly that ive dropped almost the 35kg i cant say i have noticed any improvement down there though :/

Couple that plus with the family telling me that what im doing is wrong (too quickly) and yeah im starting to find it more difficult to continue with my weight loss path.
Due to covid and all i dont see my self being able to visit any local gyms either so my only solution to the workout issue would be if i decide to invest in a home gym but once again i have zero knowledge into what to start with and buy first etc.

Ive always wanted to sit around the 100-105kg mark as i feel for my height and natural body size i think thats a decent and ok weight to be?

So should i continue with reducing what im eating or should i focus more on the home gym to set up and loose the weight through exercise more only?

Thanks in advance.
You can't "loose" weight (I believe you mean "lose" weight) meaningfully through exercise. Studies show that exercise can boost calorie burn only by about 5%. Exercise is good for you but it is not a weight loss program. Our normal bodily functions burn most of our calories and the remainder are used to keep us alive or help us reproduce. The only way to lose more weight is to eat real food in moderate quantities. If it comes in a package, you should likely not eat it. If it is considered an ingredient (meat, vegetables, sugar, flour, fruit, etc.), then it is likely real food. Eating well to lose weight is time-intensive which is why few do it.

markgaveda

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Firstly thank you so much for your encouraging well written post and congrats on all your achievements you have reached yourself! Thats very impressive!!

For me it was the other way around regarding the pandemic....as i mean i more and always overweight pre-pandemic period but my habits and weight loss began about 8 months into the pandemic id say, so late 2020.

Ive never drank any alcohol in my life before (mainly for the reason as i sometimes need to take my pain meds) but yes before the pandemic there was more junk food for sure and including take away food more.
All the junk food and fast food ive put a stop to it now.
Occasionally ill have some potato chips (bag) and some ice cream but beyond that its either dry cereal for snacks, changed to Lite Milk, more fruits, some yogurt, more water, occasional Zero sugar soft drinks and all home cooked meals only now.

As of two days ago that i weighed my self I'm now down to 101.95kg.
Great job, man!!

• Love
Reactions: benson19

markgaveda

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You can't "loose" weight (I believe you mean "lose" weight) meaningfully through exercise. Studies show that exercise can boost calorie burn only by about 5%. Exercise is good for you but it is not a weight loss program. Our normal bodily functions burn most of our calories and the remainder are used to keep us alive or help us reproduce. The only way to lose more weight is to eat real food in moderate quantities. If it comes in a package, you should likely not eat it. If it is considered an ingredient (meat, vegetables, sugar, flour, fruit, etc.), then it is likely real food. Eating well to lose weight is time-intensive which is why few do it.
Aka being in a calorie deficit, which exercise helps with

Being in a calorie deficit via diet alone is inefficient, and not the most productive use of time

Exercise speeds this process up and allows you to do more in less time, but that's largely dependent on the intensity of your workouts

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Aka being in a calorie deficit, which exercise helps with

Being in a calorie deficit via diet alone is inefficient, and not the most productive use of time

Exercise speeds this process up and allows you to do more in less time, but that's largely dependent on the intensity of your workouts
Exercise is good for many things but it is not efficient for weight loss as it only contributes about 5% beyond normal activity. Exercise will also increase appetite which could lead to weight gain. It is the reason you cannot both lose weight through a calorie deficit and put on muscle at the same time. Too often, exercise is an excuse for not doing the thing difficult and necessary to lose weight which is to eat better and eat less.

Reactions: benson19

markgaveda

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Exercise is good for many things but it is not efficient for weight loss as it only contributes about 5% beyond normal activity. Exercise will also increase appetite which could lead to weight gain. It is the reason you cannot both lose weight through a calorie deficit and put on muscle at the same time. Too often, exercise is an excuse for not doing the thing difficult and necessary to lose weight which is to eat better and eat less.
I feel like you misunderstood me, but sure thing.

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I feel like you misunderstood me, but sure thing.
If you believe you were misunderstood then it is incumbent upon you to clarify. Your contention seemed to be that exercise accelerates a caloric deficit. My counter is that it might do so but only marginally and could have other, negative and offsetting, impacts to weight loss. I'll say again that if one wants to lose weight then one has to do the tough thing: eat less and eat better.

markgaveda

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If you believe you were misunderstood then it is incumbent upon you to clarify. Your contention seemed to be that exercise accelerates a caloric deficit. My counter is that it might do so but only marginally and could have other, negative and offsetting, impacts to weight loss. I'll say again that if one wants to lose weight then one has to do the tough thing: eat less and eat better.
You're intelligent enough to interpret my talking points correctly without a need for further clarification, Frankie. I'm not at fault here. I didn't overcomplicate things or use complex language that you wouldn't be able to understand for there to be an issue to begin with. You went off course with your own anecdote that wasn't particularly relevant, and missed the point of my post. You didn't need to add anything additionally, because what you added is largely redundant. If you want to talk for the sake of talking, feel free, but you're not adding anything meaningful to the discussion that's particularly of interest to me.

• Love
Reactions: AfterHours69

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You're intelligent enough to interpret my talking points correctly without a need for further clarification, Frankie. I'm not at fault here. I didn't overcomplicate things or use complex language that you wouldn't be able to understand for there to be an issue to begin with. You went off course with your own anecdote that wasn't particularly relevant, and missed the point of my post. You didn't need to add anything additionally, because what you added is largely redundant. If you want to talk for the sake of talking, feel free, but you're not adding anything meaningful to the discussion that's particularly of interest to me.
On the contrary, I challenged your assertion that "Being in a calorie deficit via diet alone is inefficient" and that "Exercise speeds this process up and allows you to do more in less time." Exercise contributes very little to a caloric deficit because, at a certain point, the body simply stores more for survival when threatened with too great a deficit. It is the reason couch potatoes and elite athletes alike burn roughly the same amount of calories. And, because you brought it up, an "anecdote" is a short account of a particular incident or event -- something I did not do. You must be confused with another respondent.

• Haha
Reactions: markgaveda

markgaveda

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
On the contrary, I challenged your assertion that "Being in a calorie deficit via diet alone is inefficient" and that "Exercise speeds this process up and allows you to do more in less time." Exercise contributes very little to a caloric deficit because, at a certain point, the body simply stores more for survival when threatened with too great a deficit. It is the reason couch potatoes and elite athletes alike burn roughly the same amount of calories. And, because you brought it up, an "anecdote" is a short account of a particular incident or event -- something I did not do. You must be confused with another respondent.
Your little showcase of cosplaying as a pseudo-intellectual is so amusing to me. I'm not interested in engaging any further with you. Ciao.

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Your little showcase of cosplaying as a pseudo-intellectual is so amusing to me. I'm not interested in engaging any further with you. Ciao.
In that case, I assume you accept my point which was intended to provide you with further information; however, you interrupted it as a threat to your worldview on dieting. You can access plenty of podcasts and books on physiology, motility and nutrition to validate my simple point. But beware: you may change your mind!

• Haha

markgaveda

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
In that case, I assume you accept my point which was intended to provide you with further information;
Don't assume anything in particular, lmao. Just leave it at that.

however, you interrupted it as a threat to your worldview on dieting. You can access plenty of podcasts and books on physiology, motility and nutrition to validate my simple point. But beware: you may change your mind!
You mean interpret, right?

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't assume anything in particular, lmao. Just leave it at that.

You mean interpret, right?
Right. Thank you for the spell-check. You "interpret" it as a threat to your worldview on dieting but I'm glad you got the gist even at the risk of re-triggering your sensitivities to correction.

• Haha

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sorry, but has anyone told you how funny you are?
Why should you be sorry? Whatever the reason, I'm glad you find me entertaining. Like a good movie or book that tries to make a salient point, that point is made more effectively when delivered in an entertaining manner.

• Haha