Am I on everyone's ignore list?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How about England? It is called English, after all.

Even if they indulge in some peculiar forms of corrupt pronunciation.

Let me get this right YOU bastardise OUR language and say that we use peculiar pronunciation. LOL that is so precious - I'm going to print and frame that one.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let me get this right YOU bastardise OUR language and say that we use peculiar pronunciation. LOL that is so precious - I'm going to print and frame that one.

Bastardize? Us? Hardly. It's a bastard language right from the start. It's nothing but an overelaborated pidgin which eventually turned into a creole. So don't get get too smug about it. Furthermore, and quite aside from its lowly origins, there are some reasons to believe - though I doubt you've ever heard of them - that American English is much closer to the English spoken in the colonial period than anything spoken in Europe today. That makes the English version of English somewhat degenerate, though I was too polite to use that word.

So tell me, which pronunciation of English as used in those tiny islands do you consider correct? There's something of a variation, as you've doubtless noticed. The US, despite its relatively vast size and population, has less variation - one of those reasons for believing that it has degenerated less over the past two centuries.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The people of Inverness-shire in Scotland are reputed to speak the purest form of English in Britain. Having travelled to Inverness many times I would agree with that belief.

I cannot dispute what you say about the various dialects in Britain in comparison to those in the US. Folks from different parts of the UK often have trouble understanding each other.

Incidentally I took neither offence nor offense at your post I found it highly amusing and there was nothing smug about my answer.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
The thing about putting someone on ignore is that you can still see posts from that person if someone else has quoted them. (I've never deliberately put anyone on ignore, I've just been curious in the past as to how it worked, and tried it).

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Lex...that red singlet is the gayest thing that I have ever seen you wear.

Reminds me of all the people in LA that drive huge SUV's equipped as if ready for a safari but that have never left the asphalt.

You do, however, fill it out nicely. Now to the mat for some training where I'll show you some tough love. ;-)~

M

Mr Ed in Mass

OH,I just found out that I'm on my own ignore list,No wonder I couldn't read what I was typing!

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, I have an acid tongue. If you take offence at it, fair enough.

If you think that because I find republcunts and democraps two sides of the same forced rape offensive, fair do.

If you dislike the way that I seem to be racist against everyone and anything and prefer the term albinoid instead of cracker...then you might have a point.

Babydoll, you will have to work a lot harder than that to make my ignore list. Appreciate ya. :wink:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex...that red singlet is the gayest thing that I have ever seen you wear.
Then you obviously have not been paying enough attention to me. This must change immediately. The boys at DC DEEP's house could not disagree with you more. Mission Accomplished.

Reminds me of all the people in LA that drive huge SUV's equipped as if ready for a safari but that have never left the asphalt.

I'm not a wrestler, but I play one and jerk of to them, in the bedroom.

You do, however, fill it out nicely. Now to the mat for some training where I'll show you some tough love. ;-)~

Promises, promises...

No, I suffer from the Orca effect, too. There are only a few people who respond to my posting. I very much enjoy those people, but I am pretty sure the majority of people here think I am a pedantic asshole. The reason I don't complain about it is that I think they are right.

Orca, I enjoy the grenades you throw into threads, but I haven't seen them lately. It might have something to do with you being on my ignore list.
I feel your loneliness... :(

You seem extremely awesome btw.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't put anyone on my ignore list.

There's no way that everyone on this site will agree with everyone else all the time, if ever, so keep posting Orca. Your thoughts are just as valid as everyone elses.