Am I on everyone's ignore list?

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
You get back out of life what you put in. Right now you are siiting with a big bowl of shit. Get a spoon eat and enjoy your meal...
Ho ho, a joker!

Actually, I have many reasons to be happy. I'm healthy, I'm strong I'm talented in anything I put my mind to. I can honestly say that I live to make my dreams come true. Looking back at the past 5 years, I've literally become more powerful than I ever imagined in ways that I can't describe adequately unless you believe in some form of spiritualism and true self improvement/enlightenment.

The rest of the world sucks, not me. You want to know my thoughts, my dreams? Than tough, you ain't a girl!

Politics etc are indeed evil and so deserve an evil response, so be it. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm infernal and proud of it!

oldman9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi, Orca,

You can't make my "Ignore List" because I don't have one. I became aware many, many years ago that more information is derived from listening to contentious people than you might EVER pick up from all those agreeable, nodding heads.

Hang in there, Kiddo.

Gramps

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
No, I suffer from the Orca effect, too. There are only a few people who respond to my posting. I very much enjoy those people, but I am pretty sure the majority of people here think I am a pedantic asshole. The reason I don't complain about it is that I think they are right.

Or maybe, JustAsking, it's that your posts are so well thought out and expressed that there's often not much left to say ... or if someone wants to say more, the time and effort to post something that doesn't, by comparison, stand in the deep, deep shade is, well, too daunting.

As for Orca, no, you're not on my 'ignore list.' (Don't have one.)

Do you PM others enough? I've only once or twice failed to get an answer when I have.

Maybe you should take the initiative a bit more often.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I only ever ignored one person here. In total on the internet I've probably in total got about 5 people on various ignore lists. It takes something exceptional.

Generally I don't put people on ignore, I agree with Oldman in that you can learn a lot from contentious and even annoying people. I'd add that ignoring people is often (in my life if not in anyone else's) about saying "I'm so superior that I don't have to listen to you".

Sometimes they do have a point. I made this mistake when somebody from school who I regarded as stupid pointed out during an exam that I was writing on the wrong paper.

I ignored her compeltely initially, but once it filtered through my big, stupid ego I realised that I had made the mistake and I was the one being an idiot.

After that I learned not to hold myself (completely ;) ) above other people. I'm only human myself.

Ofcourse I did post in another thread "Just block them", there is a line between harrassment and interest. Some people I don't like are interesting, I'll never block anyone just because I don't agree with them, and if some of their verbal 'shots' land a little close to home, there's a lot to be learned from that. I will, howver, block people who harass me. Thankfully, not many people do.