Am I shallow for judging on looks alone

cb1737

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay, I want to vent this out and see if i'm an ass, I will only play with hot guys. I mean only hot faces, if the guy is ugly, he can be hung like a horse and have a chisled body but if the face doesn't do it, i pass, is that bad, Same for girls, killer body and ugly, pass, let me know what you thing,

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
What I thing? I thing many thinks - but that's not the question here :tongue:

It does seem kind shallow - but then you use the word 'play' so I kind of get the impression you are talking about casual sex. If you are judging people on facial looks alone for relationships then, yes, I'd say you were being shallow - but for casual sex well, shallow is kind of appropriate. Of course you could be missing out on some amazing sex but that's your call.

Plus what makes a 'pretty' face or an 'ugly' face is actually very subjective - one man's cute is another man's oinker :rolleyes:

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What if the face is hot, but the body is ugly? Do you need the "total package"?
I tend to go for more unusual guys, even exotic or rough trade. But a big, hairy gut can really turn me off. But when it comes to long-term relationships, I've found that "hot" stereotypes don't fill the bill. There are many other factors, especially personality and compatibility, that make someone hot to me.

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ive found that when I pick a woman to date, I pick 8's or 9's. When I choose a casual partner, I am a lot less picky. The best sexual experiences I have ever had were not with the best looking or most attractive women. I stay away from 10's altogether. In my experience, they know they get by on looks and can justify not developing an interesting personality and also know they can get away with a lot more drama.

Its a double edged sword, though, as some of the most beautiful women I have known were the most insecure deep down, so you never know what you will find. There is nothing wrong with knowing what you want and learning from your experiences so you can have more fruitful "hunts" in the future.

Would you be happier if you settled lower on looks and couldnt get past that? Would you be happier if you found someone who showed you looks werent everything?

Experience is our best teacher, but you have to be open to different ones.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Okay, I want to vent this out and see if i'm an ass, I will only play with hot guys. I mean only hot faces, if the guy is ugly, he can be hung like a horse and have a chisled body but if the face doesn't do it, i pass, is that bad, Same for girls, killer body and ugly, pass, let me know what you thing,

Sugar bear, you are so shallow you're in grave danger of evaporating completely. :cool:

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
NO that does not make you shallow. Physical attraction is very important for anyone, man or woman. The only people who say any different are ugly.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For some reason guys are more particular about "beauty" in women. I read somewhere that it's about being attracted to the most beautiful person because they appear to be the most healthy. And males want to mate with the most healthy woman. Not sure if any of this is true but it sounds plausible.

danjs584

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think it's shallow. How can you have a good relationship with someone if you are not physically attracted to the person? If we could go solely on personality and character, gay guys would be dating girls and straight guys would be dating guys.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you talking about casual sex only or do you do this for relationships and people who you date too?

You're just picky and we all have our type/types of person/people who we are attracted to and the ones who we are not attracted to at all. I don't see you being shallow for just having a preference or if you state who you are not into, or who you are into.

Everyday I see personal ads online where people write things like:
"No fats or femmes", "Sorry I'm not into people 10 years older than me", "I'm into white men only", "Latin a ++++", "love uncut cock!", "I only like thin men", "be muscular", "No thin men", "No fat/BBW", "be female, fit, and physically active", "Sorry I'm only into people who are my age", "into black men only", "Sorry I'm not into twinks", "I am attracted to white VGL men my age, that's my sexuality", "I'm not into butch women", "I'm not attracted to women at all, just men", "No Transmen", "I'm not into women with exessive tattoos/piercings", "I like men who completely shave their body or are smooth", "Facial hair is necessary", "Looking for 8+ inches", and there are other examples that I'm sure you can think of.

Last edited:

Himura

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I tend to only like people, who look like they're white. +Hot faces... a body to go along is very nice... I really could care less about dick sizes... and I'm not in to casual sex...

I think you're attracted to what you're attracted to.... I've found that some average guys can be really attractive... Just go for what you want... it may be shallow... but how easy is it to change yourself from that mindset...

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No matter what your sexuality, we are programmed to look at looks first then personalities after. I've never known someone to look at a person and go "They are dog-ugly, but I think they may be nice, so I'm going to try and hook-up with them." It's not shallow, it's human.

This is the main post you should pay attention to.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By definition, yes. Shallow means you are looking at a person on only one level, looks. There is no depth there. If you want more out of a person, you go deeper. But you do not go past the first level and that is the deal breaker.

Now dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with that. At least you are honest with yourself. You know what you like. But at the same time be realistic. Dont expect anything meaningful either. You might get lucky and find someone that you can go deeper with who got past the first round.

Just know that there is potentially a person out there who you may connect with the best, and they may not be the best looking. To each his own.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Noticing someone initially and getting close to them because you find them attractive, is 100% normal. You can't really know someone's personality before that.

However, if they're perfect for you personality wise, but not 100% attractive and you won't consider them, THAT'S shallow. I've been with, less than attractive women in relationships because that isn't what mattered to me. It was compatibility.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's completely natural. Consciously or otherwise most everyone acts that way. After all, the first impression can be the last, and sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it.

cb1737

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for all the responses , to answer some questions, yeah, just for casual sex is what I meant when I want hotties only and I know i'm judged the same way by other, so glad i'm hot, lol