am i so wrong?

D_Hairy Truman

Experimental Member
Media
I do believe you need to go to your own doctor and get a personality diagnosis for yourself. And see about a learning how structure sentences while your at it. First off depending on the person she may think she has a bipolar disorder because she has read about it but unless she has actually gotten a factual diagnosis by a proper doctor she is one of those people who love to hear herself talk and you are a sucker who doesn't have the sense god gave a door knob to go to your supervisor and complain about the person causing you problems in doing your job. Or maybe your are using her as an excuse for being lazy and not doing your job right in the first place. I rant this way because I struggle with true Bipolar Mania and guess what I don't advertise it nor do I drag someone to work with me to help me cope with the nightmare in my head. Yes I do call my husband on a regular break schedule because he is the one who can help level me out and I take medication to help me as well. But I find the people who flaunt the bipolar diagnosis are as unreal as the people who complain about them. An you sir need to get your head out of your ass and go talk to a supervisor or better yet confront her and let her know your sick of hearing about it. Yep I am a bitch and I do speak my mind and I don't really care what you think of me.
there are three people that i work with that are bipolar. somehow i do not know why some people think that i am throwing this term out there. one fellow i just found out which i would never had thought of because his meds were not working and he told me personally when i least expected. another fellow you can pretty much count on when he needs to take time off because his meds needs to be adjusted during the hot summers. the woman i am talking about would react basically just like you. yes mentally tired of all the constantly running thoughts i'm sure she has in her head and then takes it out on the people around her. i'm one of them. there are some things that management will enforce and other things they do not care about. i was just asking if i was so wrong in my thinking. this is one battle that i am not picking to fight. and by the way i write it is as if i were speaking. i'm surprised you didn't also say something about how i write in all lowercase. that i'll admit i'm lazy about.

D_Hairy Truman

Experimental Member
Media
Which doesn't count for shit because people find shit on the internet and say that is what is wrong with them. Even when they haven actually seen a doctor. A mental diagnosis is not something you share lightly at the work place. She is looking for co working sympathy and obviously she is getting it. None of my co workers have a clue what my mental health diagnosis is and will never find out if I can help it. The last place I did work at when the co workers found out they became idiots and pissed me off. You would be amazed how many people honestly have true Bipolar disorder and nobody knows. It is a treatable disorder which if treated properly makes a person very functional and normal. People educate yourself and get out of the dark ages.

3 posts in a row in my own thread crap. i will answer this. i have OCD, ANXIETY, AND DEPRESSION. depression and anxiety seems to be just genetic. the ocd came about when i was 20 and had bronchitis which set it off. 20 years of this shit. on meds for 15. and it scares me because every year it gets harder to treat. only one coworker knows about my anxiety after 6 years of working where i am. he had told me he was diagnosed with clinical depression and i was just trying to help. yes i am angry. angry at the fact there have been days to where i would spend at least 2 hours total or more doing repetitive patterns because of ocd over the last 20 years. and you're right this woman comes in and all the other women sympathize and she gets the attention she wants by the drama she creates. you would like to tell someone like that a thing or two, but you know they are mentally ill.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
for the last two months a bipolar female worker who always brings her personal problems to work now has been having her current boyfriend show up for the whole day one day out of the work week and hangs around. last couple of weeks it has been two days. i'm sorry, but this is my workplace. and yet it may not interfere with me getting my work done it does make me feel uncomfortable by having a coworker bringing more her personal life physically to work on such a frequent basis.

You have recieved some sage advice from managers with experience in handling such issues. Check your policy and if it is not specifically addressed you have every right to make a report to your supervisor as it is interfering with your ability to do your work. And someone even mentioned there may be a breach of privacy depending on what her BF is privy to as he is sitting with her "all day" (how does a supervisor not see this as interference is beyond me...)

The only person out of line here is SassyLisa... and she may very well keep her illness from her work friends (which is highly commendable on her part) but she would be remiss to assume everyone does. As a manager in the Mental Health/Disabilities field, I can assure you that diagnosis are discussed openly. People outside my work who know what I do are happy to share with me their problems. (Most of the time I simply listen...or refer to a counselor). Not everyone with a diagnosis keeps it quiet... Oh, contraire...

good luck KT... hope the issue is resolved amicably