Am I the only one attracted like mad to ''guidos''

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, just to clarify:

Guido (English pronunciation: /ˈɡwiːdoʊ/) is a slang term for a lower-class or working-class urban Italian-American. The guido stereotype is multi-faceted. Originally it was used as a demeaning term for Italian-Americans in general. More recently, it has come to refer to Italians who conduct themselves as thugs with an overtly macho attitude. The time period in which it obtained the latter meaning is not clear, but some sources date it to the 1970s or 1980s.

I'm Italian-American but no guido. In my grandma's time this was really considered a negative term for Italians as was wop (WITH OUT PAPERS).

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also another point... From a post a few months ago we (the moderators) added guido to the Hate Speech list with the other derogatory terms used to marginalize others. While we would prefer the term not be used at all; if you use it to discuss it's origin or it's negativity and in certain cases like this thread it's a non action as far as the moderators are concerned.
If you call another member this name you will be hearing from us regarding the use of hate speech.

Thank you!

Italian1986

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 100% Italian, born and raised here in Italy, and I can tell you that we're not that happy about this stupid stereotype made by Jersey Shore... They're so dumb and stupid, and let me tell you, they're not as hot as you may say.
Wanna see a real Italian? Come to Italy and get fuck with him! (or take a look at my profile lol)

TRIVIA: did you know that the word "Guido" is not just a typical Italian name? It also a verb, it's the first person singular, it means "I drive"

ITA: Guido l'auto = I drive the car

:)

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
I'm 100% Italian, born and raised here in Italy, and I can tell you that we're not that happy about this stupid stereotype made by Jersey Shore... They're so dumb and stupid, and let me tell you, they're not as hot as you may say.
Wanna see a real Italian? Come to Italy and get fuck with him! (or take a look at my profile lol)
I'll bend over and you can Guido me.

TRIVIA: did you know that the word "Guido" is not just a typical Italian name? It also a verb, it's the first person singular, it means "I drive"

ITA: Guido l'auto = I drive the car

:)
1st name: all on people named Guido: songs, books, gift ideas ...

Eminent people named Guido Guido Buchwald, Guido Cantelli, Guido Castelnuovo, Guido Crepax, Guido De Angelis, Guido Grandi, Guido Görtzen, Guido Molinari,

Each to their own. Some people paint their houses purple too.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm from the Boston area and the term "Guido" is a negative term for a man of Italian background. I've heard "wop" used too HungJon but never knew it stood for without papers. Learn something new every day I guess. I don't like either term because to me it connotes stupid or ignorant. I'm half Italian and I am neither of those. It is considered offensive to me. It's no different than negative slang used for other ethnicities.