am i the only one that thinks a 7-8inch penis the average?

hungphat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you have ever been in a locker room you would know that 7 is not average. There is no photoshop in real life!

Bootman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's another thing about this. Perception about size. Both my partner and I have very large flaccid cocks and others always imagine that we might have real monster erections between our legs. One guy we met actually told his partner that we both had 'over 9 inches' (and we never paid him to say that!). We are bigger than average but not that big. And what sometimes makes you think about this business of 'average' is that you meet many guys with that standard 6 inch-ish. But we have also met a few guys with massive cocks which of course takes the average up. And we have rarely met anyone with a 3 inch cock.

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you are spending all your time here at lpsg.org, then of course you will get a distorted impression on what´s average size ;o)

Believe me, I am gay (a little bi) and have been with hundreds of men. Average size IS around 6 inches, no doubt about that!

My impressions are, that if you stand in a crowd of hundred men, the stats would be as follows:

<4 inches: 2
4-5 inches: 15
5,1-6 inches: 35
6,1-7 inches: 30
7,1-8 inches: 20
>8 inches: 3

So there you find that 53 guys would be above 6 inches and 47 guys below 6 inches. That means: 6 inches is pretty much average, or maybe average is just slightly above 6 inches, let´s say 6,2 inches!

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm only 7" and have been told many times that I'm large. I never really thought so - especially comparing to some of you guys - but I take the compliments when I can!

D

deleted15807

If you are spending all your time here at lpsg.org, then of course you will get a distorted impression on what´s average size ;o)

Believe me, I am gay (a little bi) and have been with hundreds of men. Average size IS around 6 inches, no doubt about that!

My impressions are, that if you stand in a crowd of hundred men, the stats would be as follows:

<4 inches: 2
4-5 inches: 15
5,1-6 inches: 35
6,1-7 inches: 30
7,1-8 inches: 20
>8 inches: 3

So there you find that 53 guys would be above 6 inches and 47 guys below 6 inches. That means: 6 inches is pretty much average, or maybe average is just slightly above 6 inches, let´s say 6,2 inches!

Ever heard of the Lifestyle Condom Study in Cancun? Average is being revised downward.

Lifestyle Condoms Penis Size Survey | Whats The Average Penis Size?
The average erect penis length was 5.877 inches
The average erect penis girth was 4.972 inches

.......where medical staff has measured erect penis size, the average length has been below 6 inches and in every case where the surveys rely on self-measurement and voluntary reporting the average leaps over six inches.

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ever heard of the Lifestyle Condom Study in Cancun? Average is being revised downward.

Lifestyle Condoms Penis Size Survey | Whats The Average Penis Size?
The average erect penis length was 5.877 inches
The average erect penis girth was 4.972 inches

.......where medical staff has measured erect penis size, the average length has been below 6 inches and in every case where the surveys rely on self-measurement and voluntary reporting the average leaps over six inches.

Thanks for your link. But I read this:

"401 male volunteers of which, only 300 were “effective” male volunteers (75%), as 101 male volunteers (25%) could not gain an erection for measurement. At 300 effective measurements, this study is twice the size of any previous study that uses medical staff to measure penis size. This method is more accurate and reliable than studies where volunteers undertake self-measurement / reporting."

My "study" is bigger - since I have been with over 600 guys. And while that study only had 300 guys from Mexico and the USA, I have been with guys from all over the world. So why shouldn´t my study be just as reliable as theirs? ;)

But reading about their metods, it sounds like their measurements were not bonepressed? My measurements are bonpressed! So this could explain why the average penis in my "study" is almost haft an inch bigger than in the study you linked to.:smile:

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for your link. But I read this:

"401 male volunteers of which, only 300 were “effective” male volunteers (75%), as 101 male volunteers (25%) could not gain an erection for measurement. At 300 effective measurements, this study is twice the size of any previous study that uses medical staff to measure penis size. This method is more accurate and reliable than studies where volunteers undertake self-measurement / reporting."

My "study" is bigger - since I have been with over 600 guys. And while that study only had 300 guys from Mexico and the USA, I have been with guys from all over the world. So why shouldn´t my study be just as reliable as theirs? ;)

But reading about their metods, it sounds like their measurements were not bonepressed? My measurements are bonpressed! So this could explain why the average penis in my "study" is almost haft an inch bigger than in the study you linked to.:smile:
First of all n=300 is quiet a good sample for a continent.

Then your bigger study - what's wrong with it :
1. You measured the guys not randomly - you seek them out. Probably that you're looking more at a certain type. ( gender, age, body length, race...)
2. It took you years - the measurement technique probably changed during this study. Even the measuring device.
3. You are probably not objective - and you know the guys.
4. As you were probably exicited to have sex - you did not take your time to read exactly the numbers and wrote them down on paper - but did this exercise afterwards.
5. the n-factor isn t so important for reliability as many people think.
With a correct random sample of 100 you can have a better indication than a non-random sample of 200.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'Re: am i the only one that thinks a 7-8inch penis the average?'
No you're not. I have often seen both men and women make this kind of statement on threads on the LPSG (and other places). They are absolutely wrong, of course, as there are plenty of surveys to prove that you're out by a couple of inches.

The interesting question is. Why do some men and women try to assert that the average is actually so much bigger than provable through scientific survey? Any ideas any one?

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
First of all n=300 is quiet a good sample for a continent.

Then your bigger study - what's wrong with it :
1. You measured the guys not randomly - you seek them out. Probably that you're looking more at a certain type. ( gender, age, body length, race...)
2. It took you years - the measurement technique probably changed during this study. Even the measuring device.
3. You are probably not objective - and you know the guys.
4. As you were probably exicited to have sex - you did not take your time to read exactly the numbers and wrote them down on paper - but did this exercise afterwards.
5. the n-factor isn t so important for reliability as many people think.
With a correct random sample of 100 you can have a better indication than a non-random sample of 200.

1. true to a certain extend. I am only into younger guys, so 99% of the guys in my list are below 35-40 years of age. But what concerns race, bodytype and so on, all types are represented. I do like both asians, black, whites...fats, thin, muscular...
2. it has taken me about 15 years (from 20 to 35)....yes...but I have always calculated the bonepressed lenght from the top of the dick.....so in that sense I never changed method.
3. I knew or know some of the guys, but most of them were just random one night-stands and casual sex-encounters, why wouldn´t I be objective?:wink:
4. I always write them down as soon as I can, but of course not in the same moment as I have sex, that would be sort of akward....but let´s say a coulple of hours or maximum a day or two after....
5. maybe....but of course it also depends on who the guys are...I for exampel wouldn´t call those studies "random" where they only pick out 18-19 years old students or soldiers...(most of young guys and certainly almost all soldiers tend to be slim, fit or muscular men without any fatpad, which counts a lot if you don´t measure the bonepressed, but only the visible lenght)...so you could always find a weak point about any study, also the official ones, and not only my pseudo-study...:biggrin1:

Are you saying you actually took out a ruler and measured 600 guys?

No, I have probably measured around fifty of those guys with a ruler. For the rest of the guys I used my hands or fingers as a "ruler". I know that the measurements can not be 100% precise, but I know the lenght om my palm and of my fingers, so I can calculate quite precisely the lenght of a penis just by placing my hand or my fingers above it. The margin of errors should not be more than half an inch, I believe...but of course, these measurements are not scientific, nor did I ever claim they were. But since I have written down all the observations done during the last fifteen years, I just wanted to share some information. Without claiming my "study" to be totally perfect, but since the results are quite similar to those of the official studies, I believe that my observations are relatively reliable.

I am just saying, that I don´t believe, for example, that only one ouf of hundred men have an 8+ penis. I am sure there are more, I would around 4-5 guys out of 100. That is my observation, and I just wanted to share my observations with all of you, at least to have some critical opposition to all the offical studies.

Last edited:
Reactions: lavalava
D

deleted15807

'Re: am i the only one that thinks a 7-8inch penis the average?'
No you're not. I have often seen both men and women make this kind of statement on threads on the LPSG (and other places). They are absolutely wrong, of course, as there are plenty of surveys to prove that you're out by a couple of inches.

The interesting question is. Why do some men and women try to assert that the average is actually so much bigger than provable through scientific survey? Any ideas any one?

I have no clue to either. And you are correct, of course, for decades study after study the average is no where near 7-8.

Seven inches sounds huge to me!!! That's over half a foot!

i just think 7 inch and 7.5 inchs is the average and people are just lowering the number to make themselves feel better.
It did make me feel better till people say things like this :frown1:

VanillaTwist

1st Like
Media
It only seems like the average is bigger because all you ever hear from people is "my penis is so huge it has its own gravitational pull."

How often do you hear people admit that they have a small penis? Not very often, unless that person sexually gets off on "humiliation." Seriously if everyone was willing to admit their true size the average being somewhere around 5.5in to 6.5 inches in length would sound reasonable.

letsdoit3

Experimental Member
Media
7 inches is no where near average lol reality is 5.5 to 6.5 inches is average. properly measure a penis and you will realize that. 8 inch penis is rare. 7 inches is the starting point of big.