Am I the only one who likes being circumcised ?

I mean this with zero disrespect for you Novice. I truly respect you and love that you're here.

You can change your name any time you want to. If you don't like what your parents gave you, file a court petition and you get the name you want. Same with religion.

You cannot get back your foreskin. You can restore to a point where it's something like what you lost but you will not have your frenulum nor your frenar band. Both are the most highly enervated parts of the male body. I will never receive pleasure from these parts of my body because they are gone. Someone took them away from me. My parents were ignorant of their consent. They didn't sign anything. I just came back from the hospital circumcised and they didn't complain or see anything wrong. That was how things were done back in 1966.

If you enjoy being circumcised then I don't hold that against you. It's fine by me. It's your body and you have a right to enjoy it in the manner you wish. I would like the same right but I can't have it. Circumcision is a one-time, one way deal. For something that drastic, I'd like to have a say.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Novice I think at heart you are a great guy. I have difficulty understanding why you don't understand why some of us feel this very strongly, as you have expressed very strong feelings about a variety of things, but feelings of violation over genital cutting you don't seem to understand. Like Jason I don't really understand your analogy, so maybe we will not be able to understand each other. Anyway, here's my own attempt at understanding via analogy --

Imagine that you went to an extended family gathering; you know, aunts, uncles, cousins, a few friends on Thanksgiving say, at one of the relatives' homes. While there, socializing before the meal, a total stranger enters the house and drags you off into an adjoining room, leaves the door open and proceeds to tie you to the bed and then rapes you while you scream in terror and agony. All the while your friends and relatives are completely ignorant and unresponsive, no one does a thing to stop the act or intervene in any way. Afterwards no one can understand why you are so upset. They tell you to be quiet and eat, to be thankful for this wonderful meal, to be thankful for this wonderful country we live in. That whatever is wrong is all in your head, your imagination.

In fact they blame you for bringing it up.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I mean this with zero disrespect for you Novice. I truly respect you and love that you're here...
None taken. However, and this likewise isn't directed at YOU, but is instead, generally speaking... Everyone is different, and everyone has different physical responses. Take nipples for example. Some people, "Ouch! Don't touch my nipples! They're too sensitive." Other people, "Ooo, yeah, play with my nipples. They're so-o-o sensitive, I could cum from you just touching them." Still others, "Yeah, c'mon, CHEW on them. I wanna FEEL you working them." Of course, finally, there are, "Yeah, I don't know why you're bothering. I don't really have any kind of sensation in my nipples, and they don't do anything for me." Of your missing parts, how do you know that they weren't that boring kind, with no overwhelming interesting sensation? Sure, you could argue, "But that's just it. I'll never know, and I had no choice." You can say that about a ton of things in your life, things that are likewise permanently unchangeable. I just don't get why this is the chosen battle. Let's say you're having the average rate of 15-20 minutes of sex. Let's say you're having it, at the way above average rate of, daily. That minor chunk of time demands this much attention? Don't get me wrong. I'm not against enjoying, and having lots of, good sex, but... I mean, that's a pretty luxurious issue -- missing something that you've never even experienced, just for the "what if?" factor. Half the state I live in is on fire, or laying in ruins from one. Gas prices are through the roof. There's hardly a spot on the face of the Earth, that isn't somehow effected in some way by armed conflicts. There's always the classic, famine. Yet, thread after thread, is either about, or hijacked for the sake of, people missing something they've never experienced, that may actually not even be something they'd notice one way or the other if they DID have it. All because their parents didn't let them make a choice in the matter, and the "what if" factor? Again, I just think it's the self-centered concern of a grossly over-fortunate society. To trot out the old, and admittedly mildly offensive phrase, "They don't have bulimia in Ethiopia." I mean, if the gravest issue that you can come up with in your life is that you MIGHT be missing out on some additional stimulation during sex...!!! Real-life perspective, anyone??? As I said though, it's more than just flaunting the trivial misfortunes of the fortunate, it's that you can barely find a page in the "Healthy Penis" forum that doesn't have a Circ/Anti-Circ title lately, and the ones that aren't titled that way, have their contents overrun with the argument. It just makes the anti-circ crowd look like foaming-at-the-mouth zealots that are begging to be squashed, and ridiculed.
I mean, if you see, "Hi, I'm new. I have an above-average, cut, cock, and..."
Then the response is basically, "So, how does it feel to be a mutilated wretch?"
How's that doing ANY service to the "cause"? I don't take offense to a differing opinion. I take offense to that opinion constantly being shoved down my throat in thread after thread, by a small handful a zealots, who don't reflect the general non-issue that it is for the masses here, who nearly demand respect, yet give almost none in return, and who are ironically taking MY "choice" of being constantly confronted, and mercilessly beaten over the head, with it. Sure, I can choose not to read the threads, but the titles are ubiquitous, and their sheer volume is ludicrous. And why are "you" abusing the rest of us, that are basically in the same boat as you, with your cause and tantrums? Take it to a maternity wing, where you might make a difference, and leave us alone. We can't do anything for you, save suffering what's become nearly laughable droning, and always by the same handful. This small group has done no favours for the anti-circ cause, with their rabid approach, here.

...Anyway, here's my own attempt at understanding via analogy --

Imagine that you went to an extended family gathering...
If someone has a WTF???-to-Logic decoder ring, I'd love to borrow it. :confused:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I mean, if you see, "Hi, I'm new. I have an above-average, cut, cock, and..." Then the response is basically, "So, how does it feel to be a mutilated wretch?"
I've been in a lot of these threads and no one is saying these things. That may be your feeling, and you are welcome to it - we all have feelings.

I don't think you are able to acknowledge my feelings and you don't have to.

The thread running through the catastrophic events you mention is that they are senseless and for the most part preventable. You seem to say they are all morally equivalent so why do anything about anything?

The intactivist cause is not really a cause - it is a return to doing nothing. Where scam surgery is completely preventable, why not do something about it? I don't understand why that causes you so much apparent angst.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...I don't understand why that causes you so much apparent angst.
I don't understand why reading your posts cause me so much apparent confusion.

I look at the words. I see the sentences. I never have any clue what you're trying to say, or how it relates to anything that I've said. This definitely causes me angst. :confused:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I dont think there has been a backlash against circumcision just against infant circs.

A handful of maladjusted crybabies who don't know how to save their issues for group does not constitute a backlash. Despite the noise these few make, virtually all men don't give this non-issue any thought one way or the other.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems to me that it would be simpler to discuss this if we confined the discussion to medically unnecessary genital modifications of unconsenting children. To me it is a moral and ethical issue.

It has nothing to do with having a sexual preference of uncircumcised men. In fact, I have only been with one uncut man and can't say it wa much if any different. It does have something to do with my lack of sensation but I can't "prove" that is the cause. Of course, no one can prove that it isn't.

If adults want to get circumcized, or bifurcate their penises, or get castrated, or have their labia modified, or..... it's their business and not mine. I really just don't get how intelligent and generally reasonable people can get adamant about the need to modify other people's bodies without their consent to suit their own preferences. If seeing it that way makes me a zeolot, so be it.

Dave

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't understand why reading your posts cause me so much apparent confusion.

I look at the words. I see the sentences. I never have any clue what you're trying to say, or how it relates to anything that I've said. This definitely causes me angst. :confused:
You can choose not to understand grasshopper. If you haven't learned anything about circ in a year and a half on a penis forum, you are probably not going to. Unfortunately, it is a willful failure of comprehension as much as it is a failure of communication.

For the most of us, I've copied a post by an intactivist named Dan Strandjord below. Posting it here is intended to convey the sorry state of affairs in the U.S. medical complex in regards to male births. If it's a girl everything is okay. If it's a boy, you are confronted with a false choice as a result of this sort of blind irrationality.

I have to confess to being rather depressed today. I have been protesting
outside the U of Chicago hospital for over 3 years now -- almost every
weekday, for between 1 and 2 hours (usually closer to 2 hours).

Today a 4th year medical student, 28 years old, came up to talk to me. His
wife just had a baby and he was circumcised 4 days ago. The father told me
that he has done several circumcisions during his training. He circumcised
his son simply because he is circumcised. He admitted he did not know the
anatomy, development, or function of a foreskin. He admitted that he was
unaware that no national medical organization in the world recommends it. He
admitted that it is a Human Rights violation. He admitted that it is a violation of medical ethics. He admitted that his wife had their baby at Northwestern U. here in Chicago instead of at the U of Chicago (when I asked why he had his baby elsewhere, he said "no comment").

He admitted that all of my points made a lot of sense and that he wished he
had talked to me before. He admitted that the doctors at Northwestern never told him and pros or cons to doing a circumcision. He admitted that he cut his baby without understanding anything about the issues.

I've been out there protesting for 41 months now!

Obviously, I am just a crazy old man wasting my time carrying a sign saying:
"Genital Integrity is a Human Right - Ethical Doctors say NO to Circumcision".

This was a 4th year medical student doing this to his own child. What chance
does the equally uneducated American parent have when dealing with the
medical profession?

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Is there no middle ground! :tongue: Sometimes i think there is too much emotion involved on both sides, but rightfully so...

Here's my personal take.

I am cut and i had no idea that there was a difference until i was a teenager. All of my friends are cut so thats all i knew when i was young. I personally like the look of a nicely cut cock, but i also like the look of a nice uncut cock as well, but for different reasons. My bf is uncut and it's a lot of fun to play around with so i can see why guys with foreskin enjoy it so much. But he loves the fact that I am cut and wanted to do it himself but he's kind of realized that he's fine as he is and i'm fine with that although i'm sure it would look fine cut as well.

As far as sensitivity i would say cut versus uncut are both sensitive but in different ways. When i see uncut guys come they tend to have a similar reaction and when cut guys cum they have a similar reaction. I find uncut guys more unable to control themselves, having more involentary spasems but i don't know if that means it's more sensitive.

That being said, i think the bottom line is that as a guy you should be able to make that decision for yourself. It is a major change for a guy and i think that it should probably be left until you can make a decision for yourself. I think personal choice over your body trumps every other point. If you really like the cut look when you're 16 or old enough to make that decision then thats awesome. But if you fall in love with your foreskin you should be able to keep it and that choice isn't given to some people and thats not fair.

I think thats a pretty good middle ground.

As far as being cut myself I like it but i think the fact that they also took off my frenum is pretty bad. They know that it is a very sensitive part of the penis and that leaving it really doesn't change anything but they still remove them. It doesn't really ever effect the look that much. I do think a cut guy with a frenum is probably the best of both worlds.

But even for guy that want to have "the cut look" and have the skin behind the head all you have to do is keep it pulled back and eventually it will stay like that. You have the look without the pain and still can keep everything.

Reactions: Boogman28

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That being said, i think the bottom line is that as a guy you should be able to make that decision for yourself. It is a major change for a guy and i think that it should probably be left until you can make a decision for yourself. I think personal choice over your body trumps every other point. If you really like the cut look when you're 16 or old enough to make that decision then thats awesome. But if you fall in love with your foreskin you should be able to keep it and that choice isn't given to some people and thats not fair.
I fully agree. Unfortunately, there's a determined group who oppose self-decision. Their reason is simple: they don't like what the majority would choose.

Delaying the decision until the guy can decide is the "best" middle ground; but there's that determined group won't accept the concept. So the battle will go on and on and ... on and on. But the trend is against them and they know it.
As far as being cut myself I like it but i think the fact that they also took off my frenum is pretty bad. They know that it is a very sensitive part of the penis and that leaving it really doesn't change anything but they still remove them. It doesn't really ever effect the look that much. I do think a cut guy with a frenum is probably the best of both worlds.
As I mentioned in a different thread, it's rather difficult to preserve a frenulum during a circ.; and I only know of it being done on an adult circ. For an infant circ. it's essentially impossible to preserve the frenulum. The glans and foreskin are usually fused together and ripping them apart also rips out the frenulum. Yet another reason to allow the guy decide for himself.

Reactions: Boogman28

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's the circumstance I'd like men to find themselves in, no one's suggesting for one minute that men shouldn't be circumcised, we're suggesting that babies shouldn't. The anti circ people are accused of being relentless, I don't think one of us has ever suggested that adult circumcision should be banned, while the pro circ people often imply all babies should be circumcised, that it's the only possible choice for a penis.

doctor kenneth

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I agree SpoiledPrincess. It is very difficult for an infant to make such an important decision about his member. Let him wait to choose on his own. Do not choose for him.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree SpoiledPrincess. It is very difficult for an infant to make such an important decision about his member. Let him wait to choose on his own. Do not choose for him.
Yes, we all get the point. But really, MY main point isn't really for, or against, circ. As I've said before, I don't really care, because it's such a non-issue to me, although I have a tough time grasping the concept of "missing" something that I've never experienced, but to each their own. To the anti-circ crowd, it's an important and valid issue. Fine. HOWEVER... MY point, is that this site is overrun with all of the anti-circ zealots making their same point over, and over, in forum after forum, and thread after thread. If this "point" was about a person, they'd be banned for taking their "point" all over the board. If the issue of circ was a person, the anti-circ crowd would be unbalanced stalkers of the highest order. Find a forum, say "Healthy Penis", start *A* thread, and leave the rest of the board alone!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Yes, we all get the point. But really, MY main point isn't really for, or against, circ. As I've said before, I don't really care, because it's such a non-issue to me, although I have a tough time grasping the concept of "missing" something that I've never experienced, but to each their own.
Here's a good explanation. Not knowing different is not the same as saying there is no difference. Really, out of all the things on this site, you picked a strange thing to flip your lid over. Think about it.

It may have nothing to do with you, but you can hardly argue that it doesn't have anything to do with penises. Perhaps one day circ will be a thing of the past. Such horrors as I've linked to below are completely preventable. This kid would be eleven years old now. I bet that circ isn't such a non-issue to him as it is to you. I bet he thinks about it every day, like many of us do. These types of things aren't all that rare as anyone who follows circ knows.

"I think this child has an infected penis after neonatal circumcision;" Fournier's gangrene. Very Graphic.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doesn't it tell you novice that because it's so often aired that people do feel strongly about it, it can be dismissed as a non issue but it clearly isn't a non issue when it's discussed so often. It's not up to anyone except the person who was circumcised as to decide whether it's an issue for him, for some it isn't, for some it is and to say there are larger issues in the world isn't really valid, we all know there are, people moan about being paid badly, about not having enough free time, about being lonely, about their partner physically abusing them, there are much larger issues than those too but its up to them to decide what's an issue for them not for other people to tell them it's not worth worrying over.