Am I the only one with acne ON my penis?!

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by noface60, Jan 16, 2008.

1. noface60

noface60 Member

Albums:
    I don't know... I hear a lot of guys saying that they may have acne on their back or backside or even around their genitals. But on the genitals? Have you ever heard of this before? I mean, it's not huge pimples or anything, but it's a lot of small bumps that resemble blackheads. No it's not an STD.

And if you have heard of this, do you know of any way to get rid of it? I mean, my partner likes giving me bjs and everything, but I feel self conscious that I may be giving them a bumpy ride... please help.:frown1:

2. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

they may be the sweat gains to keep the head from drying out

3. Cycleman

Cycleman Member

I also had acne when I was younger. It will go away. Wash yourself often.
    I used a terry towel with Sea Breeze and water, and sometimes alcohol with water, it cleans well. Also recommended if you have subaceous cysts on your rectum.

Works well.
    :biggrin1:

4. shiroi

shiroi Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Black heads? Are they fleshy colored (assuming your skin color is light in pigment)? Do they sort of "go away" when your skin is relaxed and not tightly pulled (e.g. when flaccid)? Are they arranged in an almost organized manner (e.g. a grid of sorts)?

You might be describing sebaceous glands, glands that secrete oil to keep the skin of your penis movable and stretchy. If this is the case, they're probably inflated because you're overworking them. If you masturbate without lubrication often, or if you simply live in a dry climate or eat a poor diet, or if you were born when Jupiter and Venus were aligned, your sebaceous glands will pop out for people to see.

There's nothing wrong with them, nor is there anything wrong with your penis. They're simply working at the capacity they need to, and their size reflects that.

If you want them to go away, try to moisturize the area after you shower, and use water-based lubricants. This should help, but for some people, visible sebaceous glands are just something they've got to live with.

Now, if they're irregularly distributed, the size of a wart, fleshy colored, flat-headed and if they never seem to change locations, that is quite possibly HPV, which case you'll need to visit a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment (nitrous oxide "freezing"). Even with treatment of visible warts, the virus will still remain, and you can pass HPV even without an outbreak.

If they're red, painful and localized around a hair follicle, it's probably an ingrown hair. These happen when you shave your penis and scrotum improperly, and the hair tries to grow back, but is prevented from making a straight-shoot out of the skin due to the way it was cut or damage to the surrounding skin. You can't really cure them, they just go away on their own, but you can prevent them by using a fresh razor, shaving after a hot shower or bath, shaving with the grain of the hair, and using a soothing lotion after shaving.

Finally, if they are red, seem to have white heads (much like pimples), and don't seem to go away like pimples do, it may be molluscum contagiosum, a variant of the pox virus. This virus (although spread through human contact, like during sex) isn't really an "STD" as much as it's just a virus, because you can get it from showers, handshakes, used towels and pools. It makes pimple-like red bumps in the infected area, and in most cases goes away on it's on (like chickenpox) in a matter of months or years (unlike chickenpox, which is 10 days-ish). You can have them burned off, but like HPV the virus never really goes away. Overall though, it is quite harmless, just visually unappealing.

In any case, if you're having sexual doubts because of these bumps, you may want to (and really should) see a doctor about it. Assuming the worst (HPV), you'll want to know that you have an infection, but I'm going to presume that it's probably just over-worked glands, and your doctor will be able to diagnose you and ease your mind. Worrying about bumps isn't fun, especially when it's on your most important asset.

5. noface60

noface60 Member

Albums:
    Well, they aren't really organized, so I don't think it's some sort of glands. I mean, I "bust" them like I would a blackhead on my face. The same stuff comes out of them that comes out of the ones on my face. And the ones on my penis appear to be the exact same as the ones on my face. I mean, It's not loads of them. They only appear on the shaft. And most seem to be on the underside rather than on top of the shaft. I'd probably be the last person to go to a doctor in attempts to show off my genitalia. Sorry, but I just don't have the courage to do something like that.

What I have begun doing recently (about the last 2 weeks), because i'm tired of putting up with this same problem for months/years is I've begun washing my penis with some very gentle acne wash (Neutrogena?). Have any advice that doesn't involve me seeing a doctor?

6. dreamer20

Gold Member

Yes. Post pictures of your penis periodically so we can see if the treatment worked.:lick:

7. noface60

noface60 Member

Albums:
    Yes, what more do I want than to take close up pictures of my bumpy rod?

8. dreamer20

Gold Member

It appears that you need to come under my umbrella.:umbrella:

9. shiroi

shiroi Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Are these occurring in areas in which you've shaved? If so, it could be an ingrown hair.

You can get acne anywhere, really, but frequent acne on the penis doesn't settle right with me.

If you're worried about it, see a doctor. It's really not as bad as you think, most of them are so busy they don't even have time to look up and ask you your name. Believe me, the stress you seem to be under is a higher price to pay than to show the goods to a medical professional. It's not going to kill you.

10. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    My advice is that you try putting some Neosporin on there daily. If you have a bacterial infection, that ought to clear it up. The one time I completely shaved down there, I ended up with what looked like acne, but a couple of days of Neosporin cleared it up. Good luck.

11. D_Lachtmadder Longhorne

D_Lachtmadder Longhorne Account Disabled

I think that they are blackheads, I've seen those before on a dick. Squeeze them out and then wash them and then put on some astringent or a cold cloth to help close them up. Personal hygiene helps, but it you sweat much down there and don't shower daily, there's not a lot you can do except to be cleaner in that area.

12. Supersized

Supersized New Member

Sometimes I get acne down there.

13. John Estes

John Estes New Member

I think I had a zit once just where the penis extends. Bright red (no not genital warts/herpes!), but it went away.

14. slate_australis

slate_australis New Member

Albums:
    I had terrible acne from 13-16 took hyper-strong medication (terrible side-effects) but did the job.

I cannot recall ever having a pimple on my penis, defintely got a few on the pubic pad.

The worst was when I got chickenpox at 12, and had a pock right near the eye of my penis.. ugh.

But if something is not clearing up and is worrying you, a doctor is the best option. Part of the reason men die younger is because they are too embarased to see doctors. Trust me the doctor will not give a shit where it is, he or she will just look at it, for what it is.

The only other question I'd ask is where on your penis is it? If it's closer to the base, it's quite possible that you have a functioning pore which is acting just like a pore on your face or back.

15. SteveHd

Gold Member

If it's acne, that would be a bad thing to use due to its petrolatum base. For acne, removing oil/grease is a top objective.

noface60, I had severe acne in my teens and twenties on my face and shoulders. Sometimes it would develop as low as my feet and, yes, sometimes in the groin. Acne knows no boundaries.

16. roy86

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    does anyone get like one HUGE zit underneath the skin right at the base or in the pubic hair? every now and then, i get one and it hurts so bad, but it's not like a zit i can pop. its under the skin and just hurts.

17. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Peeps if you have a big zit, bump, mole, etcetera, get it checked at your next doctor visit. Doctors have seen it all. Just make sure it's normal. I have seen huge clusters of moles in some of the photos here. I'd get them removed. I've had one removed from my shoulder. So glad I did.

18. D_Trimbley Trousersprout

If you've never shown your genitals to a doctor how can you be anywhere near sure that it's acne and not an STD?

19. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    I realize this is an ancient post, but actually, from what I've learned from having blackheads on my nose, it's actually a result of a lack of moisture flow that causes them, not an overabundance of natural oil.

20. patrick9999

patrick9999 Member

Albums:
    I have them - like the OP described - and have had them since puberty.

I got them before I ever had any sexual contact so I doubt mine are a STD.

Draft saved Draft deleted