Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Who thinks renaissance attire is wickedly hot?

And not just the attire, per se, but the settings too. Of course, yes, I am going off of TV replications such as the Tudors and The Borgias. But I have been in the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and I even thought some of that was hot, except for some of the political nonsense and such.

I don't know. There is just something about the luxurious fabrics and the jewelry and the finery that just....melts my butter!

Am I the only one?

Attachments

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
depends
I mean no one looks good in everything you know
but on some people that type clothing looks great
if you watch the show House, Oliva Wilde had to go to a Renfair type setting and she looked OH MY GOD good in that type clothing
I couldn't even pay attention to what was being said when she was onscreen
it was damn near magical

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can appreciate it on one level but I have a serious hatred for the period as I worked in the costume department as an undergrad for six period main stage productions.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Quite the opposite for me. It always suggests to me filth, horrendous BO and untreatable syphilis. Nothing "hot" about that.

sexualnapalm

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've worked in theater my whole life, both off stage and on, but it's never diminished my love of period costumes! I even got to do Der Rosenkavelier as a supernumerary with the LA Opera one year and that was such a turn on even though my headdress weighed a ton!!! I was even on the front page of the LA Times, even though you couldn't tell it was me under the blue makes up and the blue headdress and the blue veil, but I was there! I wish I could have taken that dress home with me!!

I can appreciate it on one level but I have a serious hatred for the period as I worked in the costume department as an undergrad for six period main stage productions.

SweatsBulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think the costumes are very, very cool. I don't think of the outfits as hot, but now that you mention it...
On a side note, what costuming I do find hot are the men's clothing in the old Little House on the Prairie show from the 70's/80's.