Amanda Knox is free.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm surprised at how gladdened I am. Not because she's American (about which I couldn't care less) but because I think she was railroaded.

And I misspelled her name. Damn, I hate that you can't edit thread titles.
Fixed the title for you...........:cool:

Feel sorry for Meredith Kircher's family - not that they'd want an innocent person in jail - just that they won't have much closure.

S

superbot

Another high profile case dropped on a technicalities!!....

leapyear

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Feel sorry for Meredith Kircher's family - not that they'd want an innocent person in jail - just that they won't have much closure.

Rudy Guede was sentenced to 30 years in prison after being convicted of Miss Kercher's murder following a separate, fast-track trial circa Oct. '08. The Kercher family said they were "satisfied" with the verdict. His sentence is later halved on appeal.

Lord you Yanks love the term 'closure' - isn't it a distinct possibility that on occasion that one simply does not recover from loss, trauma or crisis? I doubt that the poor Kircher family will ever appraoch anything near to 'closure' given the circumstances of their poor daughters throat being cut following her being raped.

Rudy Guede was sentenced to 30 years in prison after being convicted of Miss Kercher's murder following a separate, fast-track trial circa Oct. '08. The Kercher family said they were "satisfied" with the verdict. His sentence is later halved on appeal.

Lord you Yanks love the term 'closure' - isn't it a distinct possibility that on occasion that one simply does not recover from loss, trauma or crisis? I doubt that the poor Kircher family will ever appraoch anything near to 'closure' given the circumstances of their poor daughters throat being cut following her being raped.
I agree - altho, I'm British. ;)

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Would the Justice system have worked the same way if she was fat and ugly? Just wondering.

Fat and ugly and not American. The prosecution of Amanda Knox was cack-handed and incompetent, the police investigation was questionable and the evidence was clearly not enough to prove beyond the required burdon of proof in the Italian justice system that she was guilty.

However no exculpatory evidence has been produced to show she wasn't involved in the murder of Meredith Kercher, and while it would have been a perversion of justice to have continued to hold her culpable of the crime on the basis of what was clearly and unproven case none of this actually proves that she is in fact innocent.

A court should presume innocence, but I don't have to, and I don't.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
However no exculpatory evidence has been produced to show she wasn't involved in the murder of Meredith Kercher, and while it would have been a perversion of justice to have continued to hold her culpable of the crime on the basis of what was clearly and unproven case none of this actually proves that she is in fact innocent.

Our old friend Stronzo wll be pleased at her release, he never thought that she was guilty.

I presume that the appeal was successful on the grounds that they would not have been found guilty had the now seen as unreliable DNA evidence not been given. Is this right?

I understand that her book is on the way. Can we expect this to answer such questions as why she tried to implicate someone else, why she was there hearing her friend's screams and did nothing let alone not call the police? We'll see, not that I will be buying a copy.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not that I disagree. But I also want to know that whoever is responsible for Alexander Robertson-El's murder is brought to justice. I also want to know that whoever is responsible for Ignacio Cordova's murder is brought to justice. I also want to know that whoever is responsible for Amy Drake's murder is brought to justice. There are so many people out there whose murders need solving, and they don't get the frenzied media attention that this murder got. I don't see what was so special about this case that, 4 years after the fact, it still makes front-page news, is all.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well to say the obvious, the media made it first page news and they quite wrongly upped the anti with irrelevant salacious shit about Ms. Knox which made for a better story but worse justice.

As far as I can tell from the previously ever moving picture, Ms. Knox was in the apartment when her "friend" was raped and slashed up 42 times. She did nothing apparently but slanderously blame her black boss - wtf?

An explanation is still in order.

Last edited: