Amanda Knox

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was torn as to where to post this thread. It was either here or Politics.

I chose here.

If the mod team feels it's better in Politics (for that's certainly a big part of what it is...) I invite them to move it.

Amanda Knox;

In my view her trial (and yesterday's convicition) in Peruggia is an utter travesty of justice. My heart aches for the torment caused her family by her conviction in a murder in which she clearly had no part. Much as I love Italy, much of what goes on there from a legal point of view and an ethical one is purely medieval.

Cobalt Blue

Legendary Member
Media
Amanda Knox;

In my view her trial (and yesterday's convicition) in Peruggia is an utter travesty of justice. My heart aches for the torment caused her family by her conviction in a murder in which she clearly had no part. Much as I love Italy, much of what goes on there from a legal point of view and an ethical one is purely medieval.
What the hellare you talking about? What planet have you been living on for the last two years?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Does your heart ache and grieve for the family of Meredith Kercher? Knox still lives. Kercher was MURDERED and evidence appeared in great abundance. The Knox family can still visit their daughter/sister, the Kercher family has no such luxury.

My main thoughts can be found-as can those of others-in the ORIGINAL story about Ms.Knox started by our very own, wise and level headed Drifterwood.

http://www.lpsg.org/67340-has-murder-been-reported-us.html

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nicky9X6 said:
What the hellare you talking about? What planet have you been living on for the last two years?

The real one. Please for the sake of board harmony let's keep this thing civil. If you disagree with my opinion fine but please be respectful and I can promise you I'll afford you the same courtesy.

Does your heart ache and grieve for the family of Meredith Kercher?

Yikes confrontational. Ok.

Drifterwood said:
Something just doesn't stack up for me. Three people who have come together fairly randomly, murdering someone just for not wishing to take part in a foursome. It feels more like something from Lynch rather than reality.

Drifterwood's opening post in his thread states the above which certainly does not appear to reflect your sentiments regarding Miss Knox.

Yes I'm sorry for the Kercher's loss but the Kerchers are not the topic of discussion in my thread. Beyond that Rudy Guede was already tried and found guilty of the crime. The site of the murder was rife with his DNA. His blood smeared fingerprints were all over the walls of the crime scene.

Knox still lives. Kercher was MURDERED and evidence appeared in great abundance.

Where are you getting your info? There was no physical evidence tying either Knox or her then-boyfriend to the murder other than a fingerprint on a household knife that two forensic experts stated could not have been the murder weapon.

The Knox family can still visit their daughter/sister, the Kercher family has no such luxury.

Again. I'm not speaking of the Kirchers. I'm appalled they were "satisfied with the verdict" since the trial was such a sham. I find it hard to rally great sympathy at this time for the Kirchers. But that's another discussion for another topic.

My main thoughts can be found..

I'm only interested in what you have to say based on your own view and opinion you can back up with real hard evidence. Beyond that let's take the confrontational posturing down a notch or two shall we?

Thanks.

The Italian judicial system is as preposterous as the Italian government. Knox's conviction (and in Italy not necessary to be unanimous jury concensus) was a great big middle finger to the United States government. The entire thing's political.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yikes confrontational. Ok.

I merely asked if you also grieved for the Kercher loss. Nothing confrontational about it, simply a question.

Stronzo said:
Drifterwood's opening post in his thread states the above which certainly does not appear to reflect your sentiments regarding Miss Knox.
Yoohoo- I didn't say his statements in the opening post were reflective of my thoughts. I merely pointed out an earlier thread on this topic. I thought perhaps keeping the entire Knox story in one thread would avoid the confusion which takes place when 3 or 4 threads go on about the same topic.

Stronzo said:
Yes I'm sorry for the Kercher's loss but the Kerchers are not the topic of discussion in my thread. Beyond that Rudy Guede was already tried and found guilty of the crime. The site of the murder was rife with his DNA. His blood smeared fingerprints were all over the walls of the crime scene.
The Kercher family is part of the discussion as they are the ones who are seeking justice for their Meredith who was so savagely destroyed.

Stronzo said:
Where are you getting your info? There was no physical evidence tying either Knox or her then-boyfriend to the murder other than a fingerprint on a household knife that two forensic experts stated could not have been the murder weapon.
I get my information from various sources.

Say what? No physical evidence and then a fingerprint which you then say is not the murder weapon? Then why mention the print? Besides which any half baked killer knows to wipe down the scene and dispose of the weapon of choice. If Knox had but one print in a place where she spent a great amount of time, it becomes clear, things were cleaned up before the people began their survey of the place.

Stronzo said:
Again. I'm not speaking of the Kirchers. I'm appalled they were "satisfied with the verdict" since the trial was such a sham. I find it hard to rally great sympathy at this time for the Kirchers. But that's another discussion for another topic.
No respect for the KErecher family either; apparently, as you failed twice in one paragraph to correctly spell their name.

And be appalled all you want. Ms.Knox has been convicted and it will be a few years before she heads back into the courts if her appeal for a new trial is even granted. I was not appalled by how the Kirchers reacted, I was both surprised and touched and warmed the cockles of my heart, that they were willing to accept that Ms.Knox would only be sent away for 26 years when it could have been a much longer time according to Italian law.

The Kercher family also noted that there are no winners here- has anybody from the Knox side ever said that?

Stronzo said:
I'm only interested in what you have to say based on your own view and opinion you can back up with real hard evidence. Beyond that let's take the confrontational posturing down a notch or two shall we?

Thanks.
I'm not being confrontational, if you think I am, then that is your choice. I state my beliefs and often do so forcefully, perhaps it appears confrontational, it is not.

Stronzo said:
The Italian judicial system is as preposterous as the Italian government. Knox's conviction (and in Italy not necessary to be unanimous jury concensus) was a great big middle finger to the United States government. The entire thing's political.
If it is truly all political as you seem to think, then why aren't government officials from D.C. more involved? Why aren't they, haven't they, made negotiation pleas with Italy? Perhaps they've viewed the evidence and also believe Ms.Knox to be guilty.

At any rate, you feel the verdict was wrong, I, like so many, do not. Only Ms.Knox, others (if there were any) involved with the murder, the eternal soul of Meredith Kercher and God/Yahweh/Abba(The Father, not the band) or whatever you may call a divine leader know the truth. We mortals still wandering the Earth can only guess at what really happened.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This case has bewildered me from the time it was first reported. I read the news reports and I could make no sense of it. I don't mean that the case against Amanda Knox sounded implausible; I mean that no version of events sounded plausible. The only conclusion I draw from Ms. Knox's conviction is that the case is still full of obscurities.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what i have gleaned from this story (and i'll admit that i have not been taking a great interest in it) there are a few reasonable facts that suggest the prosecution has been correct.

Firstly, as in many countries, you do not have to physically commit the act of murder to be guilty of it so the fast-track case of Rudy Guede being found guilty provides no admonishment for Amanda Knox and Raphael Schiletito.

Amanda Knox has been claiming her innocence strongly yet her boyfriend has been rather quiet in comparison and Ms Knox has been proven to have lied at least once about a significant fact, her presence at the scene of the crime. If she has been shown a lier then how are the jury supposed to see her as being credible. If she was innocent then she has practically sealed her own fate by being dishonest. Innocence need not lie.

Her character is questionable also. Her behaviour following the death of Kercher was very inconsiderate of the seriousness of the situation. Was she nonchalent because of innocence or because Rudy Guede had admitted the crime?

The case is not yet over if an appeal is to be made but for now, regardless of the differences in national legal procedures the verdict was delivered by a jury of citizens. Do we know how they voted finally for the verdict to be guilty?

If this was a case being carried out in Zimbabwe i would be very concerned that the trial was a mockery, it is Italy though and i am inclined to trust that they are more accomplished in the art of a fair trial.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you know she had no part in it? Where you there?

Yes. I was there that night and observed the entire murder. Wasn't that you sitting next to me in on the settee? :rolleyes:

...to answer your posed question and that of the one immediately previous nudeyorker I'm going on the evidence in the case and how the Italian media (not off-limits to the jury) has made a spectacle (and an example)of Amanda Knox where the evidence against her and her then-boyfriend simply isn't there.

mitchymo said:
If this was a case being carried out in Zimbabwe i would be very concerned that the trial was a mockery, it is Italy though and i am inclined to trust that they are more accomplished in the art of a fair trial.

I'd take my chances in Zimbabwe over Italy and day of the week.

Northland said:
No respect for the KErecher family either; apparently, as you failed twice in one paragraph to correctly spell their name.

The surname name is Kercher. Now we're both clear.

I'm increasingly disinclined to read what you post since my original take on your confrontational manner with me is again reinforced and totally unappreciated and ill-directed. Knock it off please. Find yourself another target.

If it is truly all political as you seem to think, then why aren't government officials from D.C. more involved?

During the first trial it would have been ill-advised for Knox's native country to weigh in. I'll bet a year's wages that before this thing's over your "government officials from D.C." will weigh in. This thing's not going away.

Again.. have you been to Italy?

Last edited:

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Generally there is often a feeling that in another country a person will not receive justice, especially if one where their language is not that of the judicial system there.

I could not draw any conclusions about whether or not Amanda Knox had a part in the murder from what I saw and read about the case.

I think her manner hasn't helped. I don't think she grasped the gravity of it all until recently - it kinda seemed like a joke, or a chance for attention.

I do feel sorry for her, and also the Kerchers - but I get the feeling Knox isn't sweet or innocent at all...

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I think her manner hasn't helped. I don't think she grasped the gravity of it all until recently - it kinda seemed like a joke, or a chance for attention.

I do feel sorry for her, and also the Kerchers - but I get the feeling Knox isn't sweet or innocent at all...

i agree about it being a joke, but i dont feel sorry for her

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If it is truly all political as you seem to think, then why aren't government officials from D.C. more involved? Why aren't they, haven't they, made negotiation pleas with Italy? Perhaps they've viewed the evidence and also believe Ms.Knox to be guilty.

yesterday's response:

Stronzo said:
During the first trial it would have been ill-advised for Knox's native country to weigh in. I'll bet a year's wages that before this thing's over your "government officials from D.C." will weigh in. This thing's not going away.

Wake up and smell this morning's headlines

the subtitle to which reads:

"Hillary Clinton has said that she will meet a US senator to discuss claims that Amanda Knox was the victim of a flawed trial and anti-Americanism"

any questions? :rolleyes:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
"Hillary Clinton has said that she will meet a US senator to discuss claims that Amanda Knox was the victim of a flawed trial and anti-Americanism"

any questions? :rolleyes:

The end of the article:

"By no means all Americans oppose the trial verdict. Many have been posting their comments on an online discussion board devoted to the trial that has been moderated by Peggy Ganong, a local Seattle resident.

Miss Ganong has accused the US media of misleading the public with a sympathy towards Fox in coverage that "bordered on the xenophobic" in its attack on Italian justice.

"This was a very, very complex case and they dumbed it down," she said."

Also, two other people have been convicted. I haven't heard cries of anti-Italianism and anti-Africanism.

But I am willing to wait :wink:.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Knox then stabbed Kercher, inflicting the deepest of three wounds to her neck. The American’s DNA was later found on the handle of a kitchen knife which had Kercher’s blood on the blade.

Source: Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito: the night off that led to Meredith Kercher's murder | World news | guardian.co.uk

Some time during the night, the couple had returned to the cottage and faked a burglary in the room of another housemate. But as the police picked through the broken glass they were told that nothing had been stolen.

However, attention soon turned to Knox. Her cold, detached manner at the police station a few hours later stunned both investigators and Kercher’s friends. When one friend, Natalie Hayward, said she hoped Kercher did not suffer, Knox burst out: “What do you think? They cut her throat, Natalie. She f****** bled to death!”

These things are not the things you find with innocent people. Regardless of the extent of her involvement in the murder, it is clear that she was involved.