Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw Wolf Blitzer on Jeopardy and he is a complete and utter dumbass. He's not smarter than a 10th grader.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ms. Amanpour announced last summer that she would be leaving CNN for either her own news program or a network gig. She admitted that she was feeling a bit as if she were running out of good luck covering the Middle East, having not been kidnapped, assaulted, or shot.

And The He/She and Holy It finds this a bad thing because . . . ?

However, I heard that Anderson Cooper is going to volley his family money into a completely new News Channel that spends most of it's time picking apart the lies and disinformation spread -- like buttah -- by FAUX NOT THE NEWS NETWERK. Like buttah, I tell ya. :smile:

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is he still gettin' paid every time someone buys a pair of his Mom's jeans? I can't believe people are still buying them...

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Is he still gettin' paid every time someone buys a pair of his Mom's jeans? I can't believe people are still buying them...

Don't know about his mom's jeans business. But he is one of three heirs to one of the largest family fortunes left over from the 19th Century created by Cornelius Vanderbilt's shipping ventures.

I've always admired the guy because he could have taken the easy route and been an Upper East Side party boy with patrician clenched teeth. Instead, aced a double bachelors in history and politics, then just bought the best camcorder he could, hired an assistant, and went out to become a war correspondent on his own. He had to. No one would hire him. Eventually, ABC (among others) noticed that he knew how to throw together a news story according to the accepted formula. Plus, he was lucky enough to be photogenic.

And his mother, little Gloria, still has the same straight haircut that she wore in 1970 - parted directly in the middle and blunt cut just below the earlobes. Straightest hair I've ever seen. :biggrin1:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't know about his mom's jeans business. But he is one of three heirs to one of the largest family fortunes left over from the 19th Century created by Cornelius Vanderbilt's shipping ventures.

And it all started when he bought a little boat.

The dude was a fucking indentured servant?

And here I was, thinking that Cooper got rich from his Mom's line of jeans. lol! Just goes to show that a little community college associates degree in pre-liberal arts means that you still don't really know anything. (no laughter here)

My ancestors came from Holland probably as indentured servants too. The only shitty thing is that after all of these years, we are still white trash. Despite appearing remarkably civilized as compared to the other toothless wonders that share the stix with us out here in North Cackalackey.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All very well and good. But what's the point?

It's late, we worked until 10:15 (I just upped everyone's overtime) and I'm tired. I fail to see the troll's angle on this one.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Christiane is leaving a CABLE new network to take a prestigious spot on a NETWORK Sunday Morning show. No surprise there. And Gerri Willis is a teabagger at heart so she's going home to FOX.

However you choose to explain it...CNN is bleeding talent and it's not because Amanpour didn't want to press her luck...she had her own brand new in-studio show on CNN. :rolleyes: And you can try and discount Willis for her politics...whatever. CNN has people jumping ship. That's a sign the ship is going down.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My ancestors came from Holland probably as indentured servants too. The only shitty thing is that after all of these years, we are still white trash. Despite appearing remarkably civilized as compared to the other toothless wonders that share the stix with us out here in North Cackalackey.

Why, tripod, and all this time I thought you were Mollucan from Dutch Indonesia. :biggrin1:

PS: At least your ancestors had dentures.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And Betty Nguyen left CNN's weekend anchor desk for a spot on NETWORK news. She left to be CBS Morning News anchor, and report for The Early Show. Again someone leaving cable for network. Though networks seem to be dinosaurs from another era they do have considerable clout and prestige. For Christiane Amanpour to go for the Sunday morning talk about politics format isn't too surprising. It's a coveted position, there is always the possibility of having a politician stumble on their words and you'll be able to break a story live on tv. Again it's all people changing jobs for more money, better benefits, end of contract stuff.

Uhm exactly how are the comings and goings of tv personalities, politics? Oh that's right, the populace must worship GOD in the form of Fox News if you disagree with the current administration. And must defend your religious worship of the Murdoch empire by trying to put down any other network or organization at any opportunity.

Now where are those posts about PENIS instead of only politics?:rolleyes:

Last edited: