Amateur Psyhcologists

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone else here get a bit irritated by the would be Psychologists?

Time and time again I see people asking straight forward questions to be bombarded by some shit. I'm amazed at some of the responses I see. A simple question gets turned around on the OP to make him/her appear like some sort of nut job. :rolleyes:

Granted there are some who ask questions to inflame, cause controversy or whatever but there are a lot who are genuine. There are a handful of people who need to look at some of their responses and do some serious self analysis.

*ranting as a member not a mod*

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Time and time again I see people asking straight forward questions to be bombarded by some shit. I'm amazed at some of the responses I see. A simple question gets turned around on the OP to make him/her appear like some sort of nut job. :rolleyes:

Granted there are some who ask questions to inflame, cause controversy or whatever but there are a lot who are genuine. There are a handful of people who need to look at some of their responses and do some serious self analysis.

Just as long as we don't get saddled with armchair psychiatrists as well...

I've seen threads deviate from what the op had asked into bickering matches...often doing this to first time or newbie posters, who many times become last time posters.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just as long as we don't get saddled with armchair psychiatrists as well...

I've seen threads deviate from what the op had asked into bickering matches...often doing this to first time or newbie posters, who many times become last time posters.

Very true. Some seem to totally forget there is an S in the name of this board :wink:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
What are you talking about DAVEY?!?!?! I mean, they took a HIGHSCHOOL course on psychology, and got 68% in the class. Surely that allows them to write whatever and pass tons of judgement, no?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Now Davey, you need to ask yourself why you are asking this. I think it may show a deep complex within your subconscious, not only a feeling of inadequacy but a fear of being confronted with the truth.

That's $500 please :cool:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most often, it's a misguided attempt (usually it backfires) to appear smarter or more insightful than everyone else.

Typically that need stems from being rejected by a parent during childhood *ducks and runs*

Love it Rob :biggrin1:

Now Davey, you need to ask yourself why you are asking this. I think it may show a deep complex within your subconscious, not only a feeling of inadequacy but a fear of being confronted with the truth.

That's $500 please :cool:

Thanks I feel tons better now you told me that. I'm paying you nowt though. Never worry about what you owe let them worry who want it from you :wink: If they come knocking at your door let them knock. Paint is more resilient than skin. :tongue:

And how does that make you feel? Tell me about your mother...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This thread and this thread demonstrate my point perfectly. In the first the OP was called a pedo and in the second the OP was maligned after posting about her grief over her father having just died. Totally shameful. :mad:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The worst and most vicious armchair analysis I've seen picked apart a member's psyche based solely on the length of his signature.

Frankly I think the would-be Freuds were off their meds.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Davey my mum had a New England expression which should be resurrected for use today. It implies a respectable distance be kept between people who don't know one another well. I think it's applicable here:

" ... a little too familiar too fast"

When I meet someone for the first time and am immediately bombarded by intrusive questions decidedly none of their business I simply shut down and excuse myself. It's just poor form.

Pendulum said:
I blame Dr. Phil. Anyone with half a brain goes "I could do that" after watching him! :tongue:

Hell. Even Dr. Phil "can't do that" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Having an interest in the human psyche and way of thinking is one thing... Knowing when to bring it up in conversation is another :)

I'll admit to enjoying a bit of both, but I also understand that not everyone is in this topic of conversation... Not to forget, some conversations just don't need the psychoanalysis...

For instance, a discussion on a funeral shouldn't involve psychological study of the dead person out of respect - unless of course other circumstances allow for it.