Amateur Psyhcologists

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It absolutely was a typo. I have no idea what would make you assume otherwise.

In spite of your youth and insolence I'll make a note that you're "Pendlum". K? Good.
How perfect that this outburst should happen on a 'psychology' thread.

He meant that his user name was not the result of a typo on his part, Stronzo, but rather a deliberate choice as he's mentioned in other posts. What makes you assume it was a presumption of your intent?

You could avoid such such 'typos' and the other attribution errors you've made by simply not typing in the areas that the system fills in both automatically and correctly in the first place. The quote button. So simple yet so handy.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Davey,

I learned a lot from the Myers-Briggs personality test. It has four components that make up the personality( Introversion vs. Extroversion, Intuitive vs Sensing, Thinking vs. Feeling, and Judging vs.Perceiving) and the part that relates most to this issue is the difference between Intuition and Sensing. Intuitors look for the hidden meanings behind things while Sensors take the evidence given and work with that. This may have some effect on how people respond to questions which have a potential to be incidiary. Just my two cents worth...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Davey,

I learned a lot from the Myers-Briggs personality test. It has four components that make up the personality( Introversion vs. Extroversion, Intuitive vs Sensing, Thinking vs. Feeling, and Judging vs.Perceiving) and the part that relates most to this issue is the difference between Intuition and Sensing. Intuitors look for the hidden meanings behind things while Sensors take the evidence given and work with that. This may have some effect on how people respond to questions which have a potential to be incidiary. Just my two cents worth...

I'm sure you are correct in a lot of cases. :smile: Then we have those who relish any opportunity to pull someone down :wink:

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Pendlum's fyi must mean that his own spelling of his nickname was deliberate, not a typo.

How perfect that this outburst should happen on a 'psychology' thread.

He meant that his user name was not the result of a typo on his part, Stronzo, but rather a deliberate choice as he's mentioned in other posts. What makes you assume it was a presumption of your intent?

You could avoid such such 'typos' and the other attribution errors you've made by simply not typing in the areas that the system fills in both automatically and correctly in the first place. The quote button. So simple yet so handy.

Thank you, are both right. My name is a purposeful corruption of the word pendulum.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Does anyone else here get a bit irritated by the would be Psychologists?

Time and time again I see people asking straight forward questions to be bombarded by some shit. I'm amazed at some of the responses I see. A simple question gets turned around on the OP to make him/her appear like some sort of nut job. :rolleyes:

Granted there are some who ask questions to inflame, cause controversy or whatever but there are a lot who are genuine. There are a handful of people who need to look at some of their responses and do some serious self analysis.

*ranting as a member not a mod*

It could be that you're allowing yourself to be misunderstood...

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sure you are correct in a lot of cases. :smile: Then we have those who relish any opportunity to pull someone down :wink:

Some people try to make themselves look and feel better by running others down.

Yup, I took psychology at uni, but I dropped it after a year because the lectures were at 4:30pm and my other classes were in the morning. However, I do try to not pretend I know what I'm talking about!