amazing pictures

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jesus fucking Christ and here I was thinking this was the 21st Century. People still walk among us who think a rape victim was 'asking for it' 'provoking it' or 'wanting it'? by what she was wearing?

There's one person responsible for a rape: the rapist. Let's get that straight. There's a surefire rule to prevent this in the future. If you feel like sexually assaulting someone, a friend, acquaintance or stranger: DON'T!!!!!

Personally I pray for the day when a woman can walk down a dark street at 3 am wearing whatever the fuck she wants to wear without a care in the world.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nobody thinks rape is acceptable. To imply that we live in a society which thinks rape is acceptable is utterly absurd.
Some do. I'm not suggesting society does.

Seeing cleavage doesn't make most men rape either. However, a rapist is qualitatively different from an ordinary man. A rapist is a deranged violent criminal.
Should a rapist like cleavage, hair or anything else, then by all means warn the public about their particular fetish. It is however wrong to assume that cleavage gets them all 'turned-on' and all women should live in fear and never expose their breasts. (God, what a horrible world that would be.) As Dolfette said, they are typically more attracted to shy-looking, introverted women anyway (not cleavage-showing, bolder women). People shouldn't feel or be told to cover-up a random body-part on the off-chance that a rapist with a similar fetish is in the area. Think about it logically, that wouldn't work anyway. Even if we all walked around covered from head to foot, rapists would still exist and, it just so happens, that's the sort of thing they thrive on. They want the 'scared-looking' women. No, a rapist is definitely not normal.

The reason the thread is moving in circles, is because some people haven't grasped that there is a difference between a rapist, and an ordinary man.
I haven't seen any sign of that, except in jest.

B_hunghealinglover

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have far more faith in the impartiality and ability to gather data of AI than I have in your mythical, self serving view of the world.

So you honestly think they asked all of the people in the UK their opinion on this matter, and were able to ascertain what a third of them thought?

A third (34%) of people in the UK believe that a woman is partially or totally responsible for being raped if she has behaved in a flirtatious manner (AIUK 2005).

I was in the UK in 2005, and I wasn't asked.

AI may have gathered sincere data, but your feminist organisation is likely to be skewing the information to fit their agenda.

It is simply not possible that this statistic is true.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
AI may have gathered sincere data, but your feminist organisation is likely to be skewing the information to fit their agenda.

The rest of what you have to say is bollocks, without producing statistics of your own to disprove those I provided, you're opinions are of no consequence to me.

This however is of consequence to me: My feminist organisation? Really? I found that by searching for statistics and have fuck all affiliation with them or any other organisation for that matter, feminist or not.

So what would you like to label me with next?

How about we attack my sexuality and claim my non-straight status is indicative of my man hating devout feminism with the most likely cause being that I was either raped or abused by a close male family as a child?

I've not heard that one in a while!

B_hunghealinglover

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
without producing statistics of your own to disprove those I provided

That is not a valid argument.

The AI document they link to no longer exists. Those statistics are not backed up by anything, and therefore have no value at all.

Apart from that, it's absurd that they claim to have surveyed the whole of the UK, in order to state what 34% of them think.

A third (34%) of people in the UK believe that a woman is partially or totally responsible for being raped if she has behaved in a flirtatious manner (AIUK 2005).

Do you honestly believe this is true? It cannot be. Therefore it is a lie.

How about we attack my sexuality and claim my non-straight status is indicative of my man hating devout feminism with the most likely cause being that I was either raped or abused by a close male family as a child?

As far as I am concerned these are intellectual discussions, not a forum for personal attacks.

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
No, no, no, no, no.

Stop blaming the victim for 'provoking' the attack. Rapists rape for many, many reasons. It has been stated in this thread that rapists often pick victims they perceive as weak and insecure - women covering up, shying away. So we should all go around brazenly? It has also been stated that rapists often so after women in more revealing clothing (though that one hasn't been backed up as well). So we should all cover up and shy away from men... oh wait, no - hang on - then the rapists who target that kind of woman will be drawn to us...

Don't you fucking get it? We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Or, in other words, there is no fucking way to anticipate every single potential rapist who may cross our paths. No. Fucking. Way.
I am not blaming the victim at all... where did you come off as me blaming the victim? I am not blaming the victim anymore than I would be to say something like, "if you drive a red sports car you are more likely to receive a speeding ticket"

B_hunghealinglover

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
without producing statistics of your own to disprove those I provided, you're opinions are of no consequence to me.

I found the original document, and I'm right.

The survey covered 1,078 people, by telephone, they did not ask the whole of the UK.

Therefore I am right in my suggestion that the feminist organization - The Fawcett Society - exagerated the data to support their agenda when they claimed :-

It's not a third of the people in the UK, it's a third of 1078 people asked over the phone. The actual data says 66% thought the (hypothetical) woman would be in no way responsible for being raped if she behaved in a flirtatious manner.

So in other words, the majority of people don't think flirting makes a woman responsible for being raped. It's more reassuring when stated that way - which is not what the feminists at the Fawcett society want.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=16618

Last edited:

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
"I am not blaming the victim anymore than I would be to say something like, "if you drive a red sports car you are more likely to receive a speeding ticket""

You are interpreting what I am saying as me blaming the victim, but I am not... at all. I am not saying "well they asked for it!" Take a step back and realize what is actually being said.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I am not blaming the victim anymore than I would be to say something like, "if you drive a red sports car you are more likely to receive a speeding ticket""
You expect to receive a few looks if you're showing some skin, not a few rape attempts. It's different.

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
You expect to receive a few looks if you're showing some skin, not a few rape attempts. It's different.
I am not saying you are expecting rape attempts either... I doubt anybody would go into something saying, "I think I will wear this because I expect to be raped" that is ludicrous. Going back to the sports car idea...

You see a car you like, you like the color red. You arent getting it for the increased chance in a ticket, you are getting it because you like the car. For women, they dress however they want because thats what they like to wear.

It is a sad state of reality that men can be turned on easily, and an even more sad state of reality that there are twisted fucks out there.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not saying you are expecting rape attempts either... I doubt anybody would go into something saying, "I think I will wear this because I expect to be raped" that is ludicrous. Going back to the sports car idea...

You see a car you like, you like the color red. You arent getting it for the increased chance in a ticket, you are getting it because you like the car. For women, they dress however they want because thats what they like to wear.

It is a sad state of reality that men can be turned on easily, and an even more sad state of reality that there are twisted fucks out there.
I'm just trying to explain why saying, "the clothing you wear can provoke a rapist.." can be viewed as you blaming (or assigning some blame to) women. If I find a woman attractive (related to what she's wearing or not), I may flirt with her or at least start a conversation (as most would). Basically, a rapist is going to rape. The clue is in the name. Clothing may attract attention, but it has to be one of the last things a rapist thinks about. They would pick a quiet, dark street and plan their rape and escape before even thinking about clothing. I dare say, even if you are wearing the 'wrong' clothes for their taste (and how would you know about their clothing taste, if they have any at all?), they would still rape you if the circumstances were right.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Either way, those statistics CANNOT be true, can they?

Based on what? You had nothing to do with the survey so I'm not sure why you think you can debate its validity at all. Just because you may not believe it or think it ludicrous does not make it so. Stop making giant leaps of illogic.

*I posted this before reading you found the original document. I still stand by the fact that at that particular moment you were not acting with logic at all. Just presumptions)

Last edited:

D_Harry_Ballz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
YOU'RE ALL WRONG AND IGNORANT

Fellas:

How can you catagorize one person's rape into the same column as another? A woman who gets molested as a child by her uncle vs. a freshman in college who goes to a Halloween party, gets trashed, and later on finds out she got gang raped by some frat boys. You've got trauma victims on here all arguing over the same bullshit.

Here's the bottom line, rape is a CRIME. No matter how you spin it, I don't care how you spin it, how scantilly clad someone dresses, when you forcefully impose yourself upon someone you are committing a crime.

50% of all rapes are never reported usually because the woman is either too embarrassed to report it, or does not want to go through the heartache of subdueing herself to a rape kit, lawyers, etc. If a man feels as though the woman he is interested in cannot make a conscious decision of whether or not she is consenting to intercourse with you, keep your fucking hands to yourself and be a gentleman.

You can give me all this statistical bullshit, and blah blah blah, I don't wanna hear it. Learn how to fucking respect a woman, have a little respect and stop thinking with your dick. I dated a rape victim for two years, and I sat through many trauma therapist sessions, had many intense discussions about rape, and here's the bottom line. If you continue to allow the trauma to affect you throughout your life, you are therefore letting that act define you which is wrong. It is indeed a terrible act that nobody should ever have happen to them, but if you focus on the past, you will be oblivious to the future. Be a man.

Ladies:

I get it, I really do. But for the love of christ, some of your on here make it your personal mission to be pissed off on a menstruation cycle that runs well longer than 5-7 days. Can't you see that some men out there do nothing but push your buttons and say things to upset you? You feed into it by turning on your bitch switch and adding more fuel to the fire. To the rape victims posting on this thread, I am truly sorry for the crime that was committed against you, and I hope you perservere through it. But in MY OPINION (Because opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one), you can't compare your situation with the person posting after you. Each situation is unique, and while it is indeed a crime worthy of castration, you cannot tell me all of the aspects of your "encounter" were the same as the next person.

Get the sand out of your vaginas, all of you.