Ambivalent Sexism Inventory

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by steve319+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve319)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock
it&#39;s the same as i got. what&#39;s the problem?

Maybe because I&#39;m perceived as an easier target than the formidable Rock.
[/b][/quote]
Nah, Dr. Rock doesn&#39;t strike me as the relationship type.

Steve, "naive" is the word you&#39;re looking for.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hostile Sexism Score: 1.00
Benevolent Sexism Score: 0.00

The most interesting thing about this test is that it was all about how men do or should act toward women, as if you can only be sexist toward a woman, and all the references to sexism involved a woman being the recipient of said sexism. Isn&#39;t that a little sexist?
Peoeple are fucking people, sex has very little to do with who you are, although it does have an effect, women and men are part of the same species and should be looked at as such. Judge the individual no matter what their sex, race, physical makeup.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, that "survey" is loaded. It is open ended at so many levels that it isn&#39;t funny. The questions are ambiguous and the survey&#39;s agenda is obvious.

"All" men are not sexist pigs, we are for the most part loving, caring people who love and care for the women in and around our lives. There is a feminine power that many women are just learning to use. Women are becoming more ambitious which is great so long as they are not trampling their sisters, and brothers in the process.

Our small town does not have a bar so I get to hear a lot of the sad stories of divorces and relationships or about women and men in the workplace and for the most part women are the protagonists. But I don&#39;t love my wife less and I don&#39;t try to keep her at home, she is free to be the person she wants to be and do what she wants when she wants, and to try and control her would diminish both of us. And consequently I am also free.

H. 2.18
B. 3.09

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hostile Sexism Score: 2.64
Benevolent Sexism Score: 2.73

As others have expressed, the generalizations expressed in several of the questions gave me pause and might have distorted my answers. Before the test I thought my scores would indicate some bias toward the opposite sex, so I&#39;m a bit relieved to be near average in both categories. Thought provoking test, Steve&#33;

Luke

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hostile Sexism Score: 1.00
Benevolent Sexism Score: 0.18

I&#39;m not very pleased with the quizzes I&#39;ve seen coming from this website lately. Some questions were extraordinarily vague. Like the one asking if a man should make sacrifices to provide for the women in his life... If they&#39;re his daughters, yeah. Same as he should for his sons. Same as any person should that is responsible for caring for another.

I did find it interesting that the results for the U.S. showed that the scores amongst males were the same for both hostile and benevolent sexism. I feel in this country we&#39;re sent a lot of mixed signals about how we ought to relate to each other... Sometimes I really feel sorry for straight men.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 11 2005, 11:35 PM
I&#39;m not very pleased with the quizzes I&#39;ve seen coming from this website lately. Some questions were extraordinarily vague. Like the one asking if a man should make sacrifices to provide for the women in his life... If they&#39;re his daughters, yeah. Same as he should for his sons. Same as any person should that is responsible for caring for another.
[post=350725]Quoted post[/post]​

Hear, hear&#33; I noticed in particular that there were zero questions that reversed the traditional gender roles for comparison. (e.g., "Should a woman put her man on a pedestal?", "Should women make sacrifices for their men?")

If a person holds the same attitude towards both men and women, that attitude may be peculiar or Victorian, but it cannot be considered sexist; but this survey made no effort to determine whether that was the case. I think that omission seriously calls into question the validity of its results.