America-bashing is not cool

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh please, you guys are the ones who can't get the concept of reality. And you all squeal about it all the damn time. You are the party of unhappiness, bitching and whining about everyone. You think your shit doesnt stink. Like 50% of the Americans have a mental illness and vote republican as a result of its symptoms.

Interesting theory. With multinational drug companies having disproportionate influence on manufacturing and exaggerating various psychological problems in the DSM-IV (to sell more drugs), probably 50% of the U.S. population technically does have a mental illness.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, you SHOULD have mentioned the current administration in the OP, but in a rational manner. You should have acknlowedged that this is the least conservative Republican president we've ever had before generalizing, that may have helped...

Depends on how you define "conservative." Before the Religious Right highjacked the Republican Party, one would have to say it was Richard Nixon (wage and price controls, setting up EPA and signing lots of environmental legislation, detente with Soviet Union, establishing relations with China, entertaining nationalized healthcare for the first time since Truman, going off the gold standard, photo op with Elvis :), etc., etc.)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Liberalism means you don't admit bias.
And conservativism means... what?

Very and I like Donald as well so?
He lied about a lot of things, and encouraged Bush and Cheney and others to lie as well, as long as they thought it would move things along in the direction he wanted. I'm not surprised you like Rummy, though. He's about as honest and ethical as Duke Cunningham or William J Jefferson.:rolleyes:

[everything said so far]

I want you to take all this and go to your people and tell them what you're seeing right now. This is a perfect example of how greatly divided this country is at this point in time and how passionate people are about their political positions. We're nearly at each other's throats over the future of the country and this is not politics as usual. The US is wildly divergent depending on economic circumstances, geography, and theology and becoming moreso with each passing year. This is the kind of thing that will result in civil war if it continues to escalate.

I hope it illustrates something I've said frequently here:

Politics is like a family fight. People can say really nasty things to each other but they're still family. The moment an outsider enters the fray then all sides will turn against him. Don't take it personally.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
LOL... After reading this thread, I'm beginning to think johnschlong is right...:tongue::biggrin1:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oooooo! Big red letters and all. That must make your post extra-relevant.

Of course he didn't say he personally saw them there. That is a ridiculous statement since we don't send our presidents to gather intelligence.

We DO ask them to discern what intelligence is true and what intelligence is false. That is an executive function. The fact is that he ignored vast amounts of intelligence telling him that there were, in fact, no WMDs in Iraq. That is the truth. He chose to believe his own biased "intelligence" and delusional thinking. And he told his lie to the American people in order to gain support for War. That is an Impeachable offense.

He lied. The proof is there and easy to see. We invaded and behold! No WMDs. He lied.

And I don't need big red letters to tell the truth. (Someone is compensating for something.)

Yes = posted for the second time with big red letters and you still don’t get it! LOL, how quaint of you too ignore reality because it doesn’t fit in with your agenda. Children on the playground love that tactic but I’m suspecting you are a little older so I will simply mark you off as another void of rational thinking ability and quickly move on.

Just so ya know, I don’t care if you are clueless but will help where I can. You should care though and as I mentioned earlier, cherry-picking certain parts of the story and flat out omitting others just makes you another Michael Moore and while that impresses the dolts, it doesn’t impress me or anybody else with an IQ in the triple digit range.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yeah, the ones making the rest of us look stupid.

There are some of US that think we looked stupid when a two-bit dictator along with his friends in France & Russia were fucking US for over a decade after the Gulf War. Those that think we and our friends in the UK look stupid for doing something about that are just misguided as history will show in all likelihood.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Following on from a few active threads on the subject of america's perception by the outside world i think it about time that it was aknowledged that the Republicans are to blame for anti-american sentiment...conservatives globally have a poor reputation among the citizenship, not just in the US. So time to end such threads me thinks.

Sorry, we fundamentally disagree.

Republicans are merely carrying out the will of the American people.

Not only did you elect Bush once, you re-elected him, even after his clique was exposed as a war-mongering, mass-murdering gang of criminals. And still you re-elect this madman.

Sorry, if you are serious and want to separate the people from the government, then you have to do better.

Why are there only two political parties in the U.S.? Two parties that represent the same military-industrial complex.

If you American citizens *really* disagreed with Americanism, then you would have gone through a revolution long ago. You would have elected far different parties and peoples. And you would have resisted attempts at turning your nation into a fascist state.

You didn't, and you are responsible for choosing not to act. Not the Republicans or the conservatives you elect.

Either you are a true democracy, and then the responsibility for everything America does lies with you. Or you are not a democracy, but then you have to shut up and stop telling others what to do.

So I don't buy this simplistic crap which says that "Americans are not responsible for the acts of their government".

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The thing is... our government in America is "of the people" and is merely a reflection of the population. If we have a careless, ideological, violent and conservative government, then you can be sure that we have a careless, ideological, violent and conservative people. You can't separate the conservative government from the conservative people that put it into power. Politicians are nothing more than modernized tribal elders... mankind has been dealing with politicians since the first signs of civilization.

Everyone always wants to blame the politicians but can't clearly follow a straight line from the politician to the voter that voted for the said politician. I don't blame the Republicans at all for the state that this country is in... I blame the people that voted for them.

World leaders must gain support from the public to actualize their agenda... how are they ever gonna enact their "plans" if they don't get elected? I blame the entire Bush administration on the republicans that voted to put him in power. I also blame Republicans in general because they consistently vote against logic and the facts in favor of their father's vitriol at the dinner table.

Don't blame the politicians, blame the uninformed Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh freaks that buy what those charlatans/agents provocatuers are selling. They are the ones that will consistently vote for lies over the truth. That is the reason that our country is the way that it is and why America is seen as controlled by a severe group of assholes by outsiders. They are controlled by a severe group of assholes... but they are not politicians, they are the countrymen and women of the United States.

The average American is an idiot. They seem smart and some have intelligent things to say, but they are woefully uninformed about U.S. history and know VERY little of the world. I don't get off on saying this... I have ZERO will to talk smack about my country and fellow countrymen and it pains me to call the average American an idiot. It's all a rather sad affair.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1.4 million people cant vote because they are felons, and many of those are drug convictions.

Many people don't vote because we have a one party system. John Kerry voted for the Iraq war, and did not oppose it during his campaign, if you listened closely, he just opposed the way it was being handled.... the people were never given a choice!!!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The thing is... our government in America is "of the people" and is merely a reflection of the population. If we have a careless, ideological, violent and conservative government, then you can be sure that we have a careless, ideological, violent and conservative people. You can't separate the conservative government from the conservative people that put it into power. Politicians are nothing more than modernized tribal elders... mankind has been dealing with politicians since the first signs of civilization.

Everyone always wants to blame the politicians but can't clearly follow a straight line from the politician to the voter that voted for the said politician. I don't blame the Republicans at all for the state that this country is in... I blame the people that voted for them.

World leaders must gain support from the public to actualize their agenda... how are they ever gonna enact their "plans" if they don't get elected? I blame the entire Bush administration on the republicans that voted to put him in power. I also blame Republicans in general because they consistently vote against logic and the facts in favor of their father's vitriol at the dinner table.

Don't blame the politicians, blame the uninformed Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh freaks that buy what those charlatans/agents provocatuers are selling. They are the ones that will consistently vote for lies over the truth. That is the reason that our country is the way that it is and why America is seen as controlled by a severe group of assholes by outsiders. They are controlled by a severe group of assholes... but they are not politicians, they are the countrymen and women of the United States.

The average American is an idiot. They seem smart and some have intelligent things to say, but they are woefully uninformed about U.S. history and know VERY little of the world. I don't get off on saying this... I have ZERO will to talk smack about my country and fellow countrymen and it pains me to call the average American an idiot. It's all a rather sad affair.

You forgot to add "in my opinion"