America, EVERYBODY's burden.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by marleyisalegend, Aug 13, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hypocritical. War-hungry. Overspenders. Racists. Hate crimes. 76% of the world's serial killers. The number of pregnant women who get beat up by boyfriends/husbands a year is in the THOUSANDS. Bombings. Robberies. EVERYTHING being paved over to make malls and apartment complexes. We kick out illegal aliens that are in college, but protect the ones that commit murder. Our judicial system is a joke. Our government is a punchline. We stick our nose where it doesn't belong, ESPECIALLY when there's oil on the line. We have a political system that promotes lobbying, constantly ignores the lower class, and the idea of a college education is now a business, not an expectation because few can be expected to afford it.

Did I forget anything?

#1 marleyisalegend, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. lucky8

Gold Member

Is there a way to vote you out of my country? Survivor-style?

3. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh yeah, censorship. It's okay to make a joke about Mexicans, but we can't show a woman's breast cuz women's bodies are....what...offensive? There's my next point. EVERYTHING is offensive. We LOVE lawsuits, love the idea of free money just for having our feelings hurt. We're fat and lazy, everything is about getting as much as we can while doing as little as possible. Wanna know the Mcdonald's vs. YMCA ratio for my city? Give ya a hint, more people are eating big macs than playing tennis.

Obviously there are some wonderful aspects of this country, but I just felt like ranting a bit.

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

actually, I see the point he's trying to make

5. lucky8

Gold Member

Me too but it's a little over the top

6. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Hey, hey hey! We can show a woman's breast, just not the underside or the nipple. :biggrin1:

This shit is sooooo incendiary.

7. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hear China is hiring.

8. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Motherfucking taxes!! Where do they go?? Where do these politicians get the money to pay for $1000/hr hookers and luxury cars? Hmmm..... Seems like we don't have it all together over here ourselves, guess we're no better/worse than anyone else, such is the complication of the world.

9. mjcp

mjcp New Member

Albums:
    You left out the First Amendment, the one that lets you say these things and not worry about being thrown in jail for it.

America's got tons of problems, true. Almost as many as the rest of the world.

10. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Marley I love you, you know that. But come on here. It could be Iraq, Woman in burkas, being beaten for making sounds when they walk. America may not be perfect. And yes this country voted in a man with jello for brains twice. And yes we are broke, ok where was I going with this? Oh ya, Its still beats life in other countries. Lets pray things change for the better in november.

11. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

give it a rest for once.. jeez

12. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

America is a great great place.
    Americans are a great great people.
    I suggest Marley go live in Africa - Zimbabwe for example.
    Have his investments there and school his children there.
    That would open his eyes.
    At present he is unable to see his surrounds.
    Totally unable to appreciate what he has.
    Go for it Marley - Go live in Zim for 20 years.

13. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, that makes all the bad stuff okay then, cuz I'm allowed to talk about it.:rolleyes:

14. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    With all due respect, spread peanut butter on my scrotum and lick accordingly. First of all, I specifically noted that this isn't a rant. This isn't any coherent series of thoughts or assessments, it's essentially a bitch fest so all this bullshit about movin' to Africa and whatnot is null and fucking void. I can't roll my eyes back far enough.

15. mjcp

mjcp New Member

Albums:
    Didn't say it makes it OK, but I'm guessing that talking about it makes you feel better, whether you appreciate it or not.

16. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Why on Earth would you assume that I don't appreciate it? What do you know about me other than this thread? Do you normally take one thread and assume that it gives you the entire picture of the poster?

Excuse me? I know exactly what the fuck I've got, I'm just blowing off some steam so take your judgmentalism elsewhere because you're taking this too fucking seriously.

#16 marleyisalegend, Aug 13, 2008
  17. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

I come from Africa. Born there, lived there for 55 years.
    Roll your eyes if you like - but you don't know what you've got in America. You don't know how good it is here.
    Get down on your knees and be thankful.

18. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Let's just hope Obama gets elected and changes a lot for the better.

19. mjcp

mjcp New Member

Albums:

Ok, we're all taking you too seriously, point taken. You raise incendiary points and slam everyone that responds, because you're only blowing off steam, and we shouldn't be paying so much attention. That cover it?

20. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    The only time I get on my knees is to suck dick. I can only imagine that something you've experienced has granted you this sentiment that no one in America is allowed to recognize it's shortcomings. Unless you can say that the US is perfect, your comments here are null and void and of the "I suffered more than you so your suffering means nothing".

I'll give you a hint, when you're faced with affliction, it doesn't matter what fucking country you live in.

I'm not going to quietly lick the US's balls, if you expect me to then you don't respect my free speech. Am I not allowed to say that bad things happen here? I didn't say it's the worst, I didn't say I'm unappreciative, you're reading in between the lines and making assumptions about me. Oh, the glory of free speech, it comes at the expense of misinterpretation and judgmentalism.

Slam everyone that responds? Of course I will when people start making assumptions about my character and intellect. By all means, DON'T pay attention if you're going to use this one thread to summate my character. To anyone who understands true suffrage and isn't concerned with which continent the suffrage is taking place, there's no such thing as a perfect place with no shortcomings. America has it's weak points, and I enjoy the freedom to rant about them from time to time.

#20 marleyisalegend, Aug 13, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted